• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The opening day roster

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible......just a shade over 24 hours from now before the ump yells "Play Ball!!", and we still don't have the official roster. I don't ever remember being this close to opening day without knowing who'll be suiting up. Anyway, on the Sox official website, they predict who makes the cut:

As the old saying goes, you can't tell a player without a scorecard. I'd say this is the most fitting description of our '24 squad.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible......just a shade over 24 hours from now before the ump yells "Play Ball!!", and we still don't have the official roster. I don't ever remember being this close to opening day without knowing who'll be suiting up. Anyway, on the Sox official website, they predict who makes the cut:

As the old saying goes, you can't tell a player without a scorecard. I'd say this is the most fitting description of our '24 squad.
The roster is kind of an artificial deadline for this team. For instance, it is expected that Stassi will be back from IR in a week or two and Korey Lee will get sent back to AAA - unless Lee roars out with an explosive start and the Sox forget Stassi's phone number. Also - Nastrini may be the 5th starter and still start the season in AAA. Robbie Grossman is in the wings if Pillar or Fletcher flop or get injured. There will be plenty of pitchers coming and going too.

Go Sox!

I'm kind of eager to see if they play with smarts and enthusiasm. Although - I am beginning to form the opinion that Grifol may be the dumbest Sox manager during my lifetime.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roster is kind of an artificial deadline for this team. For instance, it is expected that Stassi will be back from IR in a week or two and Korey Lee will get sent back to AAA - unless Lee roars out with an explosive start and the Sox forget Stassi's phone number. Also - Nastrini may be the 5th starter and still start the season in AAA. Robbie Grossman is in the wings if Pillar or Fletcher flop or get injured. There will be plenty of pitchers coming and going too.

Go Sox!

I'm kind of eager to see if they play with smarts and enthusiasm. Although - I am beginning to form the opinion that Grifol may be the dumbest Sox manager during my lifetime.
I still have Terry Bevington at the top of my all time Sox idiot manager list, but I'm willing to consider Grifol if he duplicates last year's performance.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have Terry Bevington at the top of my all time Sox idiot manager list, but I'm willing to consider Grifol if he duplicates last year's performance.
I agree Bevington was worse - i just think he had an evil component.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Bevington was worse - i just think he had an evil component.
If not the worst all time Sox manager, Bevington was definitely the most pissed off. He always seemed to have a scowl on his face.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gavin Sheets made the roster. I like the kid, but he hasn't shown me he is a big-league ball player. I really would like to see him succeed.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crochet gets the start, but no one thinks he can put more than 80 innings in on the year. The Sox might try to work him - like they did with Rodan when they were trying to baby him through a season. Nastrini is going to get plenty of starts.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kopech is the only pitcher that was on their roster last yr. Pretty funny

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1