• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The opening day roster

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ready to predict the 26 man opening day roster? I know I'm not, especially trying to guess who will make up the BP. Yet we're just about a week away from "Play Ball!!", so the staff must be pretty close to knowing who makes the cut. Maybe they already have.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stubborn thing is Sheets has excelled this spring. No one can say he lost the competition, but Sheets doesn't fit the ballplayer Getz wants to build his team around. I think the Sox would love to trade him - for a similar guy - maybe with more minor league options left

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stubborn thing is Sheets has excelled this spring. No one can say he lost the competition, but Sheets doesn't fit the ballplayer Getz wants to build his team around. I think the Sox would love to trade him - for a similar guy - maybe with more minor league options left
but you said .... i thought .... wasn't he .... hmmmmmmmmmm.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you said .... i thought .... wasn't he .... hmmmmmmmmmm.
He will still be gone - it is just a job Sheets is not going to do for them.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the rotation is shaping up.

1. Garrett Crochet
2. Mike Soroka
3. Erick Fedde
4. Chris Flexen
5. Nick Nastrini

Whoever ends up as #5, most likely Nastrini, probably won't get a start until April 6th or 7th, due to an early off day in the opening series. One bit of info I found hilarious and very Reinsdorfian is the combined yearly salary of these five is $13.82 million. I wonder how many individual MLB pitchers make more than this.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the rotation is shaping up.

1. Garrett Crochet
2. Mike Soroka
3. Erick Fedde
4. Chris Flexen
5. Nick Nastrini

Whoever ends up as #5, most likely Nastrini, probably won't get a start until April 6th or 7th, due to an early off day in the opening series. One bit of info I found hilarious and very Reinsdorfian is the combined yearly salary of these five is $13.82 million. I wonder how many individual MLB pitchers make more than this.

How many teams' #3 starter are not better than any starter we throw out there? Has to be like 2/3 of the league...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the starting lineup is also pretty much set as well:

1. Andrew Benintendi, LF
2. Yoan Moncada, 3b
3. Luis Robert Jr, CF
4. Eloy Jimenez, DH
5. Andrew Vaughn, 1b
6. Paul DeJong, SS
7. Dominic Fletcher, RF
8. Martin Maldonado, C
9. Nicky Lopez, 2b

Two quick side notes on this starting group. I sure hope Maldonado is the next great defensive/play calling catcher, because he's likely to be by far the worst hitter in the Majors at this position. Not sure how DeJong has been performing in the field. Haven't heard anything negative, so I assume he's doing fine. At least with the stick he's my MVP this Spring. .292 BA, 3 HR. 14 RBI. Let's hope some of this carries over into the regular season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the starting lineup is also pretty much set as well:

1. Andrew Benintendi, LF
2. Yoan Moncada, 3b
3. Luis Robert Jr, CF
4. Eloy Jimenez, DH
5. Andrew Vaughn, 1b
6. Paul DeJong, SS
7. Dominic Fletcher, RF
8. Martin Maldonado, C
9. Nicky Lopez, 2b

Two quick side notes on this starting group. I sure hope Maldonado is the next great defensive/play calling catcher, because he's likely to be by far the worst hitter in the Majors at this position. Not sure how DeJong has been performing in the field. Haven't heard anything negative, so I assume he's doing fine. At least with the stick he's my MVP this Spring. .292 BA, 3 HR. 14 RBI. Let's hope some of this carries over into the regular season.
Maldonado will catch for Crochet, but I expect Max Stassi to catch the most games. Korey Lee also had a good spring behind the plate and catching,

Bench:
Mousakis
Pillar
Stassi
Shewmake

Starters
Crochet
Soroka
Fedde
Flexan
Nastrini

Bullpen
Kopech
D. Garcia
Brebbia
tanner Banks
Berroa
S. Wilson
Hill
Touki/Lambert?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maldonado will catch for Crochet, but I expect Max Stassi to catch the most games. Korey Lee also had a good spring behind the plate and catching,

Bench:
Mousakis
Pillar
Stassi
Shewmake

Starters
Crochet
Soroka
Fedde
Flexan
Nastrini

Bullpen
Kopech
D. Garcia
Brebbia
tanner Banks
Berroa
S. Wilson
Hill
Touki/Lambert?
I think if Lee had more experience, he'd have made the roster. He not only hit much better than Maldando and Stassi, but held his own defensively. I see you don't have Leasure on the roster - did he get sent down? I haven't kept up with the team cuts. He's had an excellent Spring so far.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Lee had more experience, he'd have made the roster. He not only hit much better than Maldando and Stassi, but held his own defensively. I see you don't have Leasure on the roster - did he get sent down? I haven't kept up with the team cuts. He's had an excellent Spring so far.
I think Leasure makes the roster - I just missed him.

Stassi and Maldonado were brought in to settle down the pitchers Bannister was bringing in and to keep opposing batters from just taking free bases like they did most of last year.

I think Getz and the gang will want guys like Ramos, Lee and Colson Montgomery to start off in the minors - get some everyday reps and emerge as injury replacements - or to fill in for a guy not cutting it.

Remember - now in MLB - if you have a rookie win Rookie of the Year - you get an end of the 1st round pick for the next draft.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember - now in MLB - if you have a rookie win Rookie of the Year - you get an end of the 1st round pick for the next draft.
Can't remember if I read it in an article or if it was posted in here, but something completely idiotic that the Sox cannot go any lower than 10th in the '25 draft, regardless of where they finish this year. I kinda understand about making some changes in the draft order to prevent teams from openly tanking, such as a weighted lottery for X number of qualifying teams. But holy crap - how did they ever come up with this nonsense?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember if I read it in an article or if it was posted in here, but something completely idiotic that the Sox cannot go any lower than 10th in the '25 draft, regardless of where they finish this year. I kinda understand about making some changes in the draft order to prevent teams from openly tanking, such as a weighted lottery for X number of qualifying teams. But holy crap - how did they ever come up with this nonsense?
The provision - as I understand it - is the Sox cannot pick earlier than 10th next year. This is because the Sox are defined in MLB as a big market team - and should be spending money on FAs instead of tanking for draft picks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The provision - as I understand it - is the Sox cannot pick earlier than 10th next year. This is because the Sox are defined in MLB as a big market team - and should be spending money on FAs instead of tanking for draft picks.
Good explanation of a dumb rule. Yeah, Chicago as a whole is definitely a big market city, but when you have two teams vying for attendance and us being the redheaded stepchild of the two, we actually lean closer to a small market status. Oh well, nothing we can do about it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pillar is back! can't find much on his cost but one source says he's guaranteed $3M if he makes the roster. that was his 2023 salary with atlanta

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in today's 7-3 loss against the Rockies, as usual a little bit of good news, a little bit of not-so-good. Erick Fedde, slated as our #3 starter performed pretty well in his last outing prior to breaking camp, going 5IP, 2H, 1BB, 1ER, 4K. Nice way to conclude Spring Training

The not-so-good was Jordan Leasure: 1IP, 4H, 2ER, but also 2K
The other not-so-good was John Brebbia: 1IP, 1H, 3ER, 2BB, 1HR

For Leasure, it was his first not-so-good outing, so I'm not putting a lot of stock into today. I think Brebbia has been brought on to be our swing RP/SP, but he's had a rough Spring so far, with an ERA of 13.50. Not sure if this hurts his chances for making the roster or because he's a veteran, maybe it's just a matter of shaking off the cobwebs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it could be coming down to the wire as to who makes the final roster, which generally is not the most upbeat of scenarios.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it could be coming down to the wire as to who makes the final roster, which generally is not the most upbeat of scenarios.

I think the Sox are trying to trade Gavin Sheets for something, but the Sox do have one option left on him. The Sox also have other guys who could possibly fill the back end of a MLB roster - some bullpen buys come to mind.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sox are trying to trade Gavin Sheets for something, but the Sox do have one option left on him. The Sox also have other guys who could possibly fill the back end of a MLB roster - some bullpen buys come to mind.
That's their ace in the hole. They can afford to hide him one last time, which they just might do. I always pulled for Gavin, but he's just never been able to reach that next level.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backup catcher Max Stassi on IR to start the season. Korey Lee gets the promo.