• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 thread

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of this is over a sleeve he wears on his arm.

A. Sleeve. On. His. Arm.

It not his job to explain his uniform decisions to every fan on facebook and twitter.

I could care less about his uniform decisions or his "passive acceptance"

He does need to engage in these conversations.

He gains nothing but negative attention.

:agree:

Actually Krush, the sleeve is just a symbol. The angst is about the perception that RG3 brings all this attention to himself. When he performs, no one questions it. When he has a year like this last year, everyone questions it. As said here many times, performance cures all ills. He has got to learn to take the good with the bad. He's never been in a situation where he was criticized before. Welcome to the NFL and especially welcome to DC. He can't expect to do things that put him on in out front and then not be criticized when he doesn't perform. As stated numerous times, the best thing for him to do right now is to retract. Stay out of the public eye a bit. Focus on honing your craft. Come out next year and prove your naysayers wrong.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Krush, the sleeve is just a symbol. The angst is about the perception that RG3 brings all this attention to himself. When he performs, no one questions it. When he has a year like this last year, everyone questions it. As said here many times, performance cures all ills. He has got to learn to take the good with the bad. He's never been in a situation where he was criticized before. Welcome to the NFL and especially welcome to DC. He can't expect to do things that put him on in out front and then not be criticized when he doesn't perform. As stated numerous times, the best thing for him to do right now is to retract. Stay out of the public eye a bit. Focus on honing your craft. Come out next year and prove your naysayers wrong.

Agree. However - except for dragging the press conferences out too long & that silly ESPN special (which I am sure he won't repeat in any form for a while) I don't believe that he is seen in public that much. I certainly don't fault anyone for making extra $$ for commercials (which don't really eat up much time) nor being on the sidelines of a game for your alma mater. Beyond that - when exactly do you see the guy in public? He might have made a mistake with his tweet, but that is way overblown & I doubt we will see much of that over the offseason.

It is more a matter of the media reporting his every move which is ridiculous & beyond his control for the most part. He will learn that the media loves to build people up just so that they can tear them down (watch if the Broncos lose this week - articles will come out about Manning being a choker, etc). RG3 will learn to handle this better over time & Gruden seems like he might be a good mentor in this situation. Time will tell.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. However - except for dragging the press conferences out too long & that silly ESPN special (which I am sure he won't repeat in any form for a while) I don't believe that he is seen in public that much. I certainly don't fault anyone for making extra $$ for commercials (which don't really eat up much time) nor being on the sidelines of a game for your alma mater. Beyond that - when exactly do you see the guy in public? He might have made a mistake with his tweet, but that is way overblown & I doubt we will see much of that over the offseason.

It is more a matter of the media reporting his every move which is ridiculous & beyond his control for the most part. He will learn that the media loves to build people up just so that they can tear them down (watch if the Broncos lose this week - articles will come out about Manning being a choker, etc). RG3 will learn to handle this better over time & Gruden seems like he might be a good mentor in this situation. Time will tell.

He has very low key since his benching. I don't expect him to be a hermit, just appear to be 100% focused on becoming the best NFL QB he can be. I don't even have an issue with commercials. He has every right to earn a living and I don't see those eating up his time or focus.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of this is over a sleeve he wears on his arm.

A. Sleeve. On. His. Arm.

It not his job to explain his uniform decisions to every fan on facebook and twitter.

I could care less about his uniform decisions or his "passive acceptance"

He does need to engage in these conversations.

He gains nothing but negative attention.

:agree:

it wasnt about just his sleeve if you read the blog but i will take it a step further .

some of the things the press has printed was BS and he should squash that

if it were me i would silence that talk quick , fast and in a hurry

now some of you prefer to lay down and take it meekly and play the "above the fray card " that is fine until you get to character assassinations. then you have to stand up or you are giving passive acceptance

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasnt about just his sleeve if you read the blog but i will take it a step further .

some of the things the press has printed was BS and he should squash that

if it were me i would silence that talk quick , fast and in a hurry

now some of you prefer to lay down and take it meekly and play the "above the fray card " that is fine until you get to character assassinations. then you have to stand up or you are giving passive acceptance

In the real world, I agree with you Dad. But this is the fake world of the Internet. Its an unwinable fight because you don't know who you are fighting. If he feels compelled to answer every anonymous critic on the internet, that's all he will ever do. As you point out, these are stupid allegations and its best to just ignore them . Now if they confront him face to face......different story.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, bottom line on all this RG3 stuff. He got what he wanted. Shanahan fired, and Kyle along with him. He got a coach who has come out and said, if Robert isnt comfortable with a particular play then we wont run it. So now the truth is, its put up or shut up time for Griffin. He says he is a pocket passer or plans to be one. He will get a chance to prove it. He had as much to do with the dysfunction as every one, so I dont want to hear that he needed to defend himself. If he had been as quite all season as he was after he got benched, things might be a tad bit different all the way around.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the real world, I agree with you Dad. But this is the fake world of the Internet. Its an unwinable fight because you don't know who you are fighting. If he feels compelled to answer every anonymous critic on the internet, that's all he will ever do. As you point out, these are stupid allegations and its best to just ignore them . Now if they confront him face to face......different story.

that wasnt solely for the internet world JY

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, bottom line on all this RG3 stuff. He got what he wanted. Shanahan fired, and Kyle along with him. He got a coach who has come out and said, if Robert isnt comfortable with a particular play then we wont run it. So now the truth is, its put up or shut up time for Griffin. He says he is a pocket passer or plans to be one. He will get a chance to prove it. He had as much to do with the dysfunction as every one, so I dont want to hear that he needed to defend himself. If he had been as quite all season as he was after he got benched, things might be a tad bit different all the way around.

Rg3 didnt get anyone fired . coaching a 3-13 team got shanahan fired . not rg2 not dinners at chilli joints with the owner not doing off season commercials or any other lame CSI theory foolish people buy into

and i dont want to hear anymore crap based on unproven suspect blogs at best with people who have an agenda (mainly to increase readership )

most of them have been debunked by the players by word and or deeds

and if phillip rivers can have plays he doesnt like stricken from a playbook then why is it an evil in RG3 ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg3 didnt get anyone fired . coaching a 3-13 team got shanahan fired . not rg2 not dinners at chilli joints with the owner not doing off season commercials or any other lame CSI theory foolish people buy into

and i dont want to hear anymore crap based on unproven suspect blogs at best with people who have an agenda (mainly to increase readership )

and if phillip rivers can have plays he doesnt like stricken from a playbook then why is it an evil in RG3 ?

I didnt say he got Shanahan fired. But it is what he wanted. If you dont see that, I got a bridge in the middle of Florida for sale.

Rivers has earned the right by being a consistent franchise QB. A second year QB who just came off a crappy season doesnt get the right to pick what plays he feels like running. At least not in any smart organization. But he got what he wanted, so there should be no more excuses I would hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're way off base, dad. No way Snyder ever went to a chili joint.

Seriously, if you don't want to hear anymore crap based on unproven suspect blogs, then why do you post those same blogs on this forum?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're way off base, dad. No way Snyder ever went to a chili joint.

Seriously, if you don't want to hear anymore crap based on unproven suspect blogs, then why do you post those same blogs on this forum?

Lol. I guess that we are guilty of this to a degree. It is like the accident on the highway. People don't want to look & they complain about the other rubber neckers yet they continue to look & slow down traffic. Such is life.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was about the sleeve ... but Griffin took it a step further.

Bd3GjRmCUAEjRhW.jpg:large

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was about the sleeve ... but Griffin took it a step further.

Bd3GjRmCUAEjRhW.jpg:large

Literally it was about the sleeve, but figuratively, the sleeve is just a symbol. Many have frustration over RG3's self promotion in light of his degraded performance.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally it was about the sleeve, but figuratively, the sleeve is just a symbol. Many have frustration over RG3's self promotion in light of his degraded performance.

Another thing, this is the first Ive read this. But RG3 needs to stop pointing or talking about others, especially his teammates. This is not what a leader does. You don't say I'm OK because others are doing just as bad. Now that I've read this, not only should he have not responded, but this response is questionable, at best. I think the accuser is way off base, but Robert's response is just as bad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing, this is the first Ive read this. But RG3 needs to stop pointing or talking about others, especially his teammates. This is not what a leader does. You don't say I'm OK because others are doing just as bad. Now that I've read this, not only should he have not responded, but this response is questionable, at best. I think the accuser is way off base, but Robert's response is just as bad.

i dont understand what you are saying ? he cant speak about other teammates rituals now ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not when he is "defending" himself. You talk about your teammates only when you praise them. C'mon, dad. you got to open your eyes on this guy. I am still behind him and think he is going to be special. But he is not without fault and he clearly does not handle negative situations well. I'm willing to chalk it up to naivety and immaturity. But he has got to shut up. He is losing the fan base.

They had a segment on the radio today about RG3 and how the he has acted this year. Overwhelmingly, the fans that called in were negative. You know the old adage, when you are in a hole, stop digging. Then Warren Moon and Herm Edwards called in (separately) and both echoed the same sentiments. The guy needs to grow up and stop being so self centered. It was tough love from two greats. The good news is that both of them believe he has the ability to grow out of this, but he needs to recognize he needs to change. One of them brought up Colin Kaepernik. He was going through something very similar in SF earlier in the year. The press and the fans were all negative on him. He ignored it. Kept the same even keel in press conferences. Sure enough, as his play turned around (starting when he played us, of course) so did the sentiment. I'm not sure why you can't or won't recognize that he was wrong with some of his actions this year, but I will tell you, you are in the minority. This might be one of those situations that Sportster was referring to in that by not living here, you might not get the full gist of what is happening since we see it and hear it from the news, media, neighbors and friends every day.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not when he is "defending" himself. You talk about your teammates only when you praise them. C'mon, dad. you got to open your eyes on this guy. I am still behind him and think he is going to be special. But he is not without fault and he clearly does not handle negative situations well. I'm willing to chalk it up to naivety and immaturity. But he has got to shut up. He is losing the fan base.

They had a segment on the radio today about RG3 and how the he has acted this year. Overwhelmingly, the fans that called in were negative. You know the old adage, when you are in a hole, stop digging. Then Warren Moon and Herm Edwards called in (separately) and both echoed the same sentiments. The guy needs to grow up and stop being so self centered. It was tough love from two greats. The good news is that both of them believe he has the ability to grow out of this, but he needs to recognize he needs to change. One of them brought up Colin Kaepernik. He was going through something very similar in SF earlier in the year. The press and the fans were all negative on him. He ignored it. Kept the same even keel in press conferences. Sure enough, as his play turned around (starting when he played us, of course) so did the sentiment. I'm not sure why you can't or won't recognize that he was wrong with some of his actions this year, but I will tell you, you are in the minority. This might be one of those situations that Sportster was referring to in that by not living here, you might not get the full gist of what is happening since we see it and hear it from the news, media, neighbors and friends every day.

probably the most foolish statement i have read . i have seen numerous blogs that have been debunked that were negative and have been taken as fact

i have posted blogs about the other view that have been dismissed

this is about one thing and one thing only . RG3 isnt AP and he couldnt carry the team on his back while not being 100% and the fans are upset because he cant perform miracles

his rookie year and the last offseason this crap wasnt even around . we were talking about name changes and debating with cowboy trolls about his greatness to come

i dont care about warren moon or herm edwards . i doubt either of them know more about the redskins then you or i do

this is the same crap the handed cam newton last season

i dont care if i am in the minority on this . it doesnt make me wrong . fans are fickle and are flavor of the day as is espn , ex football players etc .

if Rg3 goes out and tears it up next season the tune will change

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably the most foolish statement i have read . i have seen numerous blogs that have been debunked that were negative and have been taken as fact

this is about one thing and one thing only . RG3 isnt AP and he couldnt carry the team on his back while not being 100% and the fans are upset because he cant perform miracles

his rookie year and the last offseason this crap wasnt even around . we were talking about name changes and debating with cowboy trolls about his greatness to come

i dont care about warren moon or herm edwards . i doubt either of them know more about the redskins then you or i do

i dont care if i am in the minority on this . it doesnt make me wrong . fans are fickle and are flavor of the day as is espn , ex football players etc .

And if he goes out, looks average and still struggles with being the pocket passer he claims he can be, there will still be a select group of fans making excuses for him. He sold the wolf tickets of all in for week one and I give the redskins the best chance to win, but couldnt deliver. But no one is allowed to call him on it because apparently he actually wasnt healthy enough to be all in for week one, he wasnt prepared to be a pocket passer.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep you eyes closed, whatever. As I've said numerous times, I'm judging the kid by what I have heard him say and do not by some "debunked" blogs. In fact, if you didn't put them on here I wouldn't even know they were there as I don't read them. He has, numerous times since his injury, made statements that were questionable, including trashing his coaches and his teammates, while deflecting his own poor performance. Those can't be "debunked". Those are facts that only you refuse to acknowledge. Just because the rest of us are willing to see the truth doesn't mean we aren't fans, just that we recognize that he has flaws that have to be fixed if he is ever going to be the franchise player we all expected him to believe. I'm not trashing him, I'm being honest and not a homer.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep you eyes closed, whatever. As I've said numerous times, I'm judging the kid by what I have heard him say and do not by some "debunked" blogs. In fact, if you didn't put them on here I wouldn't even know they were there as I don't read them. He has, numerous times since his injury, made statements that were questionable, including trashing his coaches and his teammates, while deflecting his own poor performance. Those can't be "debunked". Those are facts that only you refuse to acknowledge. Just because the rest of us are willing to see the truth doesn't mean we aren't fans, just that we recognize that he has flaws that have to be fixed if he is ever going to be the franchise player we all expected him to believe. I'm not trashing him, I'm being honest and not a homer.

well be the meek sheep and let the media think for you if you want to

i can play that game too

if you cant take a person at what he says then what can i say its too much CSI for me

when did he trash coaches and teammates again ? i listen to the same press conferences you did if not more

we includes me , when will you get this ? oh wait its chapter 400 of the CSI conspiracy reading between the lines handbook for fans looking for scapegoats

i didnt say the kid doesnt have flaws . he certainly needs to learn how to talk to the media because apparently many in the media are uneducated buffoons who cant understand english and when a kid says WE that he is INCLUDED in the group

they need a coloring book and crayons to figure out that saying "they knew what was coming" was a compliment to the eagles defense and has been uttered by other players in other situations and NEVER has been construed as throwing anyone under a bus

i can point to the time his press started to go negative . it was when whitworth called him a cornball because RG3 had different political views the he did

the real issue here is that he wasnt the miracle worker the fans thought he should be after coming of a severe injury and they are angry that we are a last place team again

does he have maturity issues ? yes but i doubt his teammates vote him as a team CPT twice and vote him for the courage award if he is perceived as throwing players and coaches under a bus which certainly debunks those kinds of statements