• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 thread

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Character Assassination of Robert Griffin III

here is the counter to miss jenkins . i hope you read it and read it well . pay particular attention to his level of play .

the alleged power he had

how he isnt in interviews with potential HCs like some of his peers are

how the beloved tannehill got his OC fired

the comparison to cam newton

and most of all , how he wasnt allowed to defend himself against these charges

now i am accused of being a naive rose colored glasses wearing homer with his head buried in the sand but some of you fall into the other category

the category that buys the media BS without looking at all the facts . i bet most of you i can weed out by this simpls statement . you are mad at RG3 because he didnt walk on water and carry the skins on his injured back to the promised land . your expectations were so distorted that you are into the character assassination game . you arent bashing his play nearly as much as you are assaulting his character .

I'll speak for me alone again. I don't bash RG3's play for a couple of reasons. First, he was coming off of a devastating injury that left him with no preseason to prepare. Second, what he did his second year is not atypical for most young QBs. I've looked at the careers of most of the greats. They almost all suffered their first couple of years as they learn the nuances of being an NFL QB. Its too early to project his future based on what he has done to date. He could go either way.

I've also stated numerous times that RG3 is intelligent, an extremely hard worker, and has premier physical skills. For these reasons, I believe his future can look bright. But that all hinges on two things. First, he recognizes what he needs to work on and takes proper coaching so that hard work is focused, and second, he stays healthy. I'm more worried about the former than I am the latter.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA? What's that?:noidea:

WAPO has an agenda. They've had a war with Snyder since the first few years of his ownership. In my opinion, it skews all of their reporting on the Skins.

Nowhere is this more clear than whenever they use the services of Lavar Arrington (often in video form). He perceives that Snyder screwed him over with his contract extension several years ago (conveniently neglecting the fact that his idiotic agents messed up big time). As a result - he is like a broken record & uses his agenda against Snyder as the basis for his non-stop anti-Redskins rants.

I loved this guy as a player but am truly tired of his act and cringe when I see him show up on somewhere like the NFL Network claiming to represent Redskins fans. Get over it already dude.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Hall talks dysfunction between Shanahan and RG3 | Comcast SportsNet Washington

here is what hall has to say . listen to what he has to say and draw your own conclusions

I actually saw it live and it just re-inforced what I thought. A rift had developed between Mike and Robert. What he doesn't discuss, and he admits he doesn't know, is why that rift developed.

These are the types of data points I use to draw my conclusions. Discussion from someone that was actually there or from the parties themselves. I could care less about what rumors the bloggers are circulating.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geez , i barely get to stand up and take a stretch and on NFL network on the ticker they run a thing saying RG3 wants to run a pro style offense and not the read option

ian rappaport did the honors

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geez , i barely get to stand up and take a stretch and on NFL network on the ticker they run a thing saying RG3 wants to run a pro style offense and not the read option

Well he better put the work in is all I will say about that. Cause if you run a pro style offense, ya arse best be able to read defenses.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another rumor monger. I'm sure Ian hasn't spoken to RG3 is weeks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rumor monger. I'm sure Ian hasn't spoken to RG3 is weeks.

i could understand if he didnt . but geez so quick after the presser :noidea:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comment was absolutely a message to RG3. When you lead the team, you take the arrows as well as the accolades. I got a feeling he's gonna deliver a dose of truth to Robert. He's also going to ride his ass. I think this is just what he needs and I expect he will respond to the challenge. Time to get out of the limelight and into the film room. I hope Robert is having a good vacation. When he gets back, he's going to have a coach that is going to focus that hard work he is known for . I'm predicting a big year for Robert.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comment was absolutely a message to RG3. When you lead the team, you take the arrows as well as the accolades. I got a feeling he's gonna deliver a dose of truth to Robert. He's also going to ride his ass. I think this is just what he needs and I expect he will respond to the challenge. Time to get out of the limelight and into the film room. I hope Robert is having a good vacation. When he gets back, he's going to have a coach that is going to focus that hard work he is known for . I'm predicting a big year for Robert.

he did name RG3 starter on fm 106 with lavar and the boys but i like the fact he will be a hard ass . i bet the military child will respond to that

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did name RG3 starter on fm 106 with lavar and the boys but i like the fact he will be a hard ass . i bet the military child will respond to that

Indeed he did name RGIII the starter, however it's just January and that too can change (though I hope not) BTW; I'm not as concerned about the military child as I am of all the others who have gotten by without the benefit of having the regimented lifestyle associated with the military.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW; isn't it possible that others who were not as regimented in their work as he, in part cause for his objections to MSs' coaching style?? We all marveled at his ability to work hard to come back from surgery. We all knew of his parents military background relating to his upbringing, and work habits. Yet how is it that we rail at his objections when he sees lesser efforts at practice and in games? I absolutely know this to be true because there are two things that were not true during the season. "We had a really good week of practice." vs. the product on the field.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are they types of reports I would just as soon we not post. There is no proof of this at all. In fact, there is proof of the exact opposite. There is no question about Robert's willingness to work hard. Now one might question if he is working on the right things, but that' another issue.

look i have been a huge defender of RG3 but i like to be fair too . its out there . its against my position but i feel i should post all sides

the posters can decide if its true

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look i have been a huge defender of RG3 but i like to be fair too . its out there . its against my position but i feel i should post all sides

the posters can decide if its true

Naw, I get that. Its just some will take this report and run with it as if it must be true without understanding that no one is attributed to this sentiment, which means that it is most likely a fabrication. So we may spend days debating if RG3 is a hard worker when in fact, no one really questioned it. It just gets frustrating.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bd3GjRmCUAEjRhW.jpg:large

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krush,

Just read that one on ESPN. I am pretty sure that some will just wish that RG3 would have just not replied like this (I might even think this way at times). However - I can see the flip side where anyone would just say "Enough is enough" & feel compelled to issue some type of reply to the fans & media. His overall reply was not that bad & I am sure that he is frustrated to a certain degree.

I will choose to be upbeat about this one & see this as yet another motivating factor for RG3 and the team. Overall - he has appeared to have handled himself well over the last few months (at least according to anything that is confirmed). I could see a lot of other high profile athletes handling the situation - being benched, attacked by the press, etc - much, much worse.