• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's 1st Eagles Mock Off Season & Draft (4 Rnds)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Perryman is not a good enough coverage guy to be a first rounder. He's more of a classic thumper. But some mocks do have him as the #1 player at his position and as a late first rounder.

WalterFootball.com: 2015 NFL Draft: Inside Linebacker Rankings

That said, I think that is way too high; I think he would be a good second or third round pick for us. We clearly do need ILBs as Wings said. Other than Kendricks the position is a wasteland with Ryans recovering from his second achilles tear, and getting old in any case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the injury issue and his almost 7 mil cap hit ... I think Ryans will be cut unless he takes a serious pay cut. They may turn around and resign him to a new deal at around 1 mil a year ... but I see no way they keep him at that price.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Perryman is not a good enough coverage guy to be a first rounder. He's more of a classic thumper. But some mocks do have him as the #1 player at his position and as a late first rounder.

WalterFootball.com: 2015 NFL Draft: Inside Linebacker Rankings

That said, I think that is way too high; I think he would be a good second or third round pick for us. We clearly do need ILBs as Wings said. Other than Kendricks the position is a wasteland with Ryans recovering from his second achilles tear, and getting old in any case.
LOL.....Walter football??? Really? Stop it!:pound:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, just saying that some seem to think he'll go that high. I personally don't.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even if Perryman doesn't go in Rd 1, he won't make it to our pick in Rd 2 unless he just stinks it up at the Combine. After watching film on most top guys I think it will be Perryman late 1st/early 2nd followed by Kendricks (early to mid 2nd) then McKinney (mid to late 2nd). After that I see a bit of a drop off to guys like Stephone Anthony whom I brought up earlier in the year (probably mid 3rd).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Football is a joke. There are several ILBs that would be a big upgrade over what we have, if Ryans is not here. I doubt that Ryans would accept 1 Mil, Rey. I could see him accepting 3 Mil, or else he will ask to get cut.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Football is a joke. There are several ILBs that would be a big upgrade over what we have, if Ryans is not here. I doubt that Ryans would accept 1 Mil, Rey. I could see him accepting 3 Mil, or else he will ask to get cut.

You're probably right ... the price would be dependent on how healthy he is. He's a 2 down Backer who can't cover, 30 years old and coming back from injury. That's why I'd rather just draft his replacement early.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perryman isn't a good man cover guy, but he does solid job in zone coverage due to his instincts.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most college LB'ers don't come out of college knowing how to cover; especially ILB'ers. That's why the agility drills at the combine for some of these guys is so important. As long as they show the agility, they can be taught. Perryman from what I've seen has good footwork and quickness side to side. The question will be the change of direction while dropping back.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Rey. Though I'm not banking on just the combine to see change of direction. When Perryman plays downhill he's a force. On the contrary he doesn't display good change of direction ability in man coverage on film, but like you said, most college ILB's don't possess that trait -- some can develop it over time, some are "who we thought they are". Which I don't have much a problem with, especially since we have Kendricks who's a good cover guy. I think a tandem of Perryman and Kendricks would be lethal and would bring a real nasty physical presence to our defense. With our D-line and those backers, we could be top 5 in stopping the run. Grab some DBs in FA and this defense could be a force.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right ... the price would be dependent on how healthy he is. He's a 2 down Backer who can't cover, 30 years old and coming back from injury. That's why I'd rather just draft his replacement early.

I want his replacement in this draft also. If we get Perryman, then I will be happy. Even though we'll have the shortest ILBs in the league. If we go BPA in the 1st, then we may be well off drafting an ILB in the mid-rounds.
As far as Perryman or Ryans not being good cover guys, we may stick with using a S in 3rd and long situations. Where it can really hurt us, is when we face a pass happy opponent, and get killed in passing situations even on early downs. It is a dilemma.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go with my original example in this thread and add a guy like Jason Worilds to replace Cole/Graham, then we have solid cover backers at both outside spots and Kendricks on the inside. We can survive with our 4th LB not being great in coverage. Our front 7 was actually doing ok with DeMeco while he was in there and I don't think DeMeco can cover much of anything.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get Worilds and Maxwell, but keep hearing that they will wind up following LeBeau and Quinn or Bradley, respectfully. We may have to overpay big time to get them. So, if that's the case, we may wind up getting lesser names, but upgrades nevertheless, in FA, and then draft ILB; CB; and S in the first 3 rounds. That will suck because we still need another QB, WR and OL also.

Greenbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey
Wingman I keep getting do not have permission messages can you help me out?

Greenbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancel that wingman I no sooner posted that and suddenly everything was working. I'm back!