• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regarding Trades…

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it stops the bleeding and prevents any more damage from being done.

Rivera isn't e enough talking to the team at halftime by his own admission.

The lineups are always changing

Forbes is apparently not receiving the proper level of coaching

The defensive captain is literally tired of it

Our potential qb of the future is in line to break the all time sack record

It establishes that the owners will not tolerate mistakes

Those are just off the top of my head.
I think they established the new boss is not going to accept half ass.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was sad. I wanted Chase to work out. After his first year I was encouraged. Before getting hurt he was not the same guy. At times this year he has shown what he can do but he free lanced and he didn't chase plays down that went the other way. For his sake I hope he gets it and changes.
I was really rooting for him as well, but after hearing his dad it shined a light on why Chase didnt work here. Seems the people close to him aren't being honest with him.

Chase is not being doubled 90% of the time and he does not cut off one side of the field.

It's there. We all saw him as a rookie. I think at the end of the day they just wanted him out of the building.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long time Penn State fan I know Larry Johnson (also a southern MD) guy well. He coached at Penn State for a long time. Of course that is why his son went there. Chase is an elite athlete. He is the best player that I have seen that did not take the coaching. Johnson went to Ohio State when Franklin was hired. He was able to recruit the Bosa's. I watched Chase in college .... he gave Penn State some fits but their line was sub par. Against good teams Chase faded. :2cents:

The reason he only garnered a compensatory 3 was because the league knew it too. He is young, he has a chance to turn his career around. I hope he does.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long time Penn State fan I know Larry Johnson (also a southern MD) guy well. He coached at Penn State for a long time. Of course that is why his son went there. Chase is an elite athlete. He is the best player that I have seen that did not take the coaching. Johnson went to Ohio State when Franklin was hired. He was able to recruit the Bosa's. I watched Chase in college .... he gave Penn State some fits but their line was sub par. Against good teams Chase faded. :2cents:

The reason he only garnered a compensatory 3 was because the league knew it too. He is young, he has a chance to turn his career around. I hope he does.
I remember some zero sack games from him late at Ohio St. right before the draft. I want to say you cautioned the board before he was picked. That was you wasn't it?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players that are still on the team better take a hint. The bullshit is over!
The tape shows the poor effort. In contrast, watch every snap Crowder played. We need 53 of those each Sunday.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What “ damage “ are we trying to prevent here ? This staff and a good amount of players are not going to be here next yr . I bet this off season more trades and cuts will happen as our new FO implement their plan .

This was a transition yr the moment Harris took over . We all knew this so the results of what we see on the field don’t matter other then looking at young players

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What “ damage “ are we trying to prevent here ? This staff and a good amount of players are not going to be here next yr . I bet this off season more trades and cuts will happen as our new FO implement their plan .

This was a transition yr the moment Harris took over . We all knew this so the results of what we see on the field don’t matter other then looking at young players
We are trying to prevent further moral plummet from our key players like Jonathan Allen.

We want to resign Kam curl, what are his intentions if rivera continues operating a fun house here? To me, it signals confusion.

For all we know Allen and Payne might get fed up and ask for trades. I don't know.

The raiders clearly just sent a message that they are done with the non sense going on. How long was McDaniels there? 2 years?

If you make a pros and cons list of rivera staying or going, I cannot think of any pros in keeping him at all. Is ownership going to keep stepping in until harris or magic are on the sideline?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are not idiots. They know change, big change, is coming. In fact, based on Allen’s outburst last week, he was calling for change. they’re going no where. Don’t run from something, run to something. Build it the right way. Get your GM. let him get your HC.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are trying to prevent further moral plummet from our key players like Jonathan Allen.

We want to resign Kam curl, what are his intentions if rivera continues operating a fun house here? To me, it signals confusion.

For all we know Allen and Payne might get fed up and ask for trades. I don't know.

The raiders clearly just sent a message that they are done with the non sense going on. How long was McDaniels there? 2 years?

If you make a pros and cons list of rivera staying or going, I cannot think of any pros in keeping him at all. Is ownership going to keep stepping in until harris or magic are on the sideline?
The players know changes are coming and have known . I think it won’t be an issue

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harris respects Ron. I also think Harris doesnt want to be seen as a first year impetuous owner. I think he lets Ron finish out the year. The trades today was a nod to the fanbase that the overhaul is coming.
I completely agree about the overhaul the question is how deep will the fire sale cut into the current roster? I'm pretty convinced that Sweat and Young are indicators of things to come during the off-season. If anyone has some attachment or loyalty to anyone on this current roster, disappointment is likely in your future.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree about the overhaul the question is how deep will the fire sale cut into the current roster? I'm pretty convinced that Sweat and Young are indicators of things to come during the off-season. If anyone has some attachment or loyalty to anyone on this current roster, disappointment is likely in your future.
Lol......yeah Fuller and Gibson are two guys I like a lot. There was a lot of smoke around those two at the deadline.

New coach could change everything. New coach could be like "Im not cutting the best corner on the roster." Gibson is a weapon. Feels like Ron doesn’t trust him to hold on to the football.

So much in the air.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So why is RR still here. The writing is on the wall. Cut bait and move forward with your vision...

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players know changes are coming and have known . I think it won’t be an issue
They didn't know right up until 2 days before the game. It was why Sweat was so sullen and Young played not to get hurt on Sunday, clearly. It definitely does mean you are "throwing in the proverbial towel". You don't get rid of 2 of your best starters and not replace them and say we are still competing this year. No you are not!!! Anyone from the FO who says that is flat out lying.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea there is no point of RR being here when everyone knows he is gone just get it over with

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my initial pre-season assessment of the this team, I put the over/under on Rivera's tenure at the "bye" week. ( week 14) and although I'm sticking to that, if they lose two weeks earlier to the NY Giants on November 19th, "Black Friday" will take on new meaning a week before it actually arrives.