• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to red-hot debates around the Washington Commanders, none, at the moment, comes close to what to do with their current #2 pick in the upcoming draft.

Should they stay put at #2 and draft a QB? Stay put and draft an offensive lineman? Trade down for more picks? or trade up to secure the top pick in the draft? are among the questions hotly debated over this upcoming offseason.

Recently, NFL analysis Marcus Spears put another log in the fire by suggesting that Washington should trade one of its two, 2nd-round picks to Chicago for QB Justin Fields, and as intriguing as that appears to be I believe that it's a move well worth exploring.

That move would fill a need for a QB-needy team and offer the Commanders more flexibility with their 2nd pick overall. My questions to this board are...

1. What concerns do you have with acquiring Justin Fields? (Essentially trading Fields for Sweat)

2. If Fields is acquired, what options are best for that #2 pick?

A. Trading down? (How far and for what sort of return?)

B. Selecting a top O-line prospect?

C. Selecting MHjr.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swap first round picks with the Bears for Fields.

Then take best player available with Bears pick.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swap first round picks with the Bears for Fields.

Then take best player available with Bears pick.
If you're talking about swapping their 10th for our first that's a bad trade for Washington and if it's their first for our first that's a bad trade for Chicago!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I've seen some really bad passing performances from him. I mean real bad. If we make the trade and he take's a step back we'd have to immediately double down and pay him or cut our losses on a trade we really didn't have to make in the first palce. Additionally, we might have passed on a true franchise QB.........again.

2. If the trade is made for Fields, the job is to make his life as easy as possible. Draft MHJ, who pound for pound is probably the best player in the draft. That alone makes McLaurin and Dotson much more dangerous. Take the other #2 and draft a tackle. Draft a center in the 3rd or 4th.

Additionally having Slowik who comes from the Shanahan tree would help. Having to spy Fields could really make life easy for Robinson jr. Kinda the same way RG3 freed up Alfred.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally having Slowik who comes from the Shanahan tree would help. Having to spy Fields could really make life easy for Robinson jr. Kinda the same way RG3 freed up Alfred.
This is why I'd take Daniels over Penix!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I'd take Daniels over Penix!
Penix definitely had me raise an eyebrow, but Daniels just looks different. Hard to say what the new GM would do, but I could see whomever that guy is, keep it conventional and just roll with Maye.

I'm actually mentally preparing myself right now for that possibility. I want to be able to root for whomever they draft. Trying to keep my Danials stanism at bay as best I can. Lol

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to red-hot debates around the Washington Commanders, none, at the moment, comes close to what to do with their current #2 pick in the upcoming draft.

Should they stay put at #2 and draft a QB? Stay put and draft an offensive lineman? Trade down for more picks? or trade up to secure the top pick in the draft? are among the questions hotly debated over this upcoming offseason.

Recently, NFL analysis Marcus Spears put another log in the fire by suggesting that Washington should trade one of its two, 2nd-round picks to Chicago for QB Justin Fields, and as intriguing as that appears to be I believe that it's a move well worth exploring.

That move would fill a need for a QB-needy team and offer the Commanders more flexibility with their 2nd pick overall. My questions to this board are...

1. What concerns do you have with acquiring Justin Fields? (Essentially trading Fields for Sweat)

2. If Fields is acquired, what options are best for that #2 pick?

A. Trading down? (How far and for what sort of return?)

B. Selecting a top O-line prospect?

C. Selecting MHjr.

1- I fear he is just going through a hot streak against weak competition. There is always the fear he may get hurt. So to accompany that, there is a fear of wasting big money for years for a highly questionable QB.

2- If acquired, MHJ is the way to go. He is the best receiving prospect ever with great speed, impeccable hands and route running (thanks DAD), and the production to prove it.

If you want an OL, you trade down and get a first next season in the swap.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- I fear he is just going through a hot streak against weak competition. There is always the fear he may get hurt. So to accompany that, there is a fear of wasting big money for years for a highly questionable QB.
Fear serves no point other than to paralyze, and everyone gets hurt in the NFL! Debilitating injuries on the other hand...
Beyond that, his being thus far questionable is justified, but highly???

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear serves no point other than to paralyze, and everyone gets hurt in the NFL! Debilitating injuries on the other hand...
Beyond that, his being thus far questionable is justified, but highly???

You asked about fears of getting Fields. Nick Foles went through a period of incredible play but then sucked again. There is much more bad tape of Fields than good tape.

As for injuries, Fields may be capable of throwing the ball but much of that is because he is capable of running.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked about fears of getting Fields. Nick Foles went through a period of incredible play but then sucked again. There is much more bad tape of Fields than good tape.

As for injuries, Fields may be capable of throwing the ball but much of that is because he is capable of running.
I'm pretty sure that in my thread starter, there was no mention of "fear!" My question was about "concerns" not fear. I don't disagree that there's more bad tape on Fields than good tape, however, since there seems to be an abundance of "reasons" why Howell didn't do well, isn't it fair to afford Fields the same sort of rational/irrational latitude?

Sorry, but Fields can sling it! No, he's not perfect but who is?

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking about swapping their 10th for our first that's a bad trade for Washington and if it's their first for our first that's a bad trade for Chicago!
I saw where our second round pick was the trade for Fields.

I’d rather swap first round picks. Moving down instead of losing a high second round pick would be better value for Washington if they’re actually considering trading a pick for him straight up.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that in my thread starter, there was no mention of "fear!" My question was about "concerns" not fear. I don't disagree that there's more bad tape on Fields than good tape, however, since there seems to be an abundance of "reasons" why Howell didn't do well, isn't it fair to afford Fields the same sort of rational/irrational latitude?

Sorry, but Fields can sling it! No, he's not perfect but who is?

Concern/ fear…same thing in context.

I think SH got punch drunk and the team gave up. As for giving Fields the same latitude, it depends on the context. How was his OL?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think SH got punch drunk and the team gave up. As for giving Fields the same latitude, it depends on the context. How was his OL?
How was his OC?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to agree to some extent ... he has had a good 4 or 5 game run. You can't toss the other tape out.

I thought it was interesting in a conversation about Fields that Howell was brought. He was not germane to this post.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay attention to the game this weekend. If he plays well against the packers, there is hope he will turn out to be a quality QB. If he sucks like the first game of the year, you’d be better off drafting someone.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we've seen the best of Fields, IMO adding him in any capacity is bad for rebranding.
He still processes the game slower than he should, and it appears he's lost his sense for leaving the pocket when its time to.
His hesitation in the pocket, and head scratching errors will get a new coaching staff in hot water week 2.
Also willing to trade down for a kings ransom, Also willing to take MHJ over a QB if he's considered BPA

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We currently have a player who is better than fields. Why would we trade for him right when he is due for a big contract extension? That makes no sense. What has fields done to elevate those around him? Apparently that is the metric for which we use to evaluate QBs.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields has played 3 seasons. At this point we know who Justin Fields is. I agree that there is more bad tape on him than good tape, you absolutely do not build your team around an inconsistent QB who will be overpaid in a few years.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we can get Fields for the #100 pick in the 3rd round I would do it. He has upside and it will allow us to keep that #2 overall pick in the draft to get a stud LT or use that pick to trade down and acquire more picks to fill holes. Yes he has more bad tape than good, but he is worth the #100 overall pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt trade any picks for fields , what i would consider is moving allen for him in a straight up deal for him

as for the # 2 pick overall i think you have to measure what qb you want and when to get him . do you roll the dice trade down 2,3,,4 spots , pick up some capitol and draft say a penix at a more palatable spot ?

or do you sit tight and pick your guy at #2 overall ? i certainly rule out trading up

do you believe the top 5 guys are "the guys " at qb . i think 5 qbs go off the board in the top 12 picks

this is a deep draft at wr and o/line (OT's) so round 2 you could get either one or both same scenario in round 3

also FA looks to be a good class on the defensive side of the ball and you will need to sign a vet BU qb .

you dont want a qb room with just Sam and the rookie , so JB would be a guy i want around

and since you are saying Sam isnt the answer then i trade him . he will have a nice career as a BU ,