• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank The Conferences!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only four of those ten you listed have national championships in the past several years. And using your criteria of playoff wins as an indicator, Florida State gets eliminated too! They have zero CFP wins. Hell, USC, Michigan and Okie Lite haven't even been in the playoffs.

In 3 years of playoffs, only tOSU, Oregon, Bama and Clemson have ANY CFP wins!
tOSU is 2-1 beating Bama, Oregon, losing to Clem
Clem is 3-1 beating OU, tOSU and Bama and losing to Bama
Bama is 3-2 beating Sparty, Clem and Washington and losting to tOSU and Clem.
Oregon is 1-1 beating FSU and losing to tOSU

Playoff wins wasn't the ONLY criteria here. It is a mixture of playoff wins, national titles, top to bottom conference competition and W-L records against the other Power 5 conferences.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you got the title of your own thread wrong then.
Great.

Oh
That's going to leave a mark isn't it.

No, it doesn't leave any marks. Playoff wins wasn't the ONLY criteria here. It is a mixture of playoff wins, national titles, top to bottom conference competition and W-L records against the other Power 5 conferences. I've said it before, I've said it again and it's the last time I'll say it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) SEC
2-whatever) Who the fuck cares?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff wins wasn't the ONLY criteria here. It is a mixture of playoff wins, national titles, top to bottom conference competition and W-L records against the other Power 5 conferences.
Okay, let's remove the playoff wins. I'll agree and add Florida State back in the group based on the other criteria you listed. But, if you remove last year from the equation, the recent history of Oregon and Michigan State is every bit as good or better than USC, Washington and Michigan. Okie Lite's has been consistent but still not equal to Oregon's and Sparty's other than last year.

I think you are giving Michigan and USC (and Penn State to a degree) too much credit because of historical name recognition. Even their fans claim that, until the past year or two, they haven't been real good in quite a while...especially by their standards. Actually dragging the quality of their conferences down. And they aren't the only ones in that group. Florida, Georgia, Texas, Penn State, Tennessee, UCLA, etc haven't done a lot for keeping the quality of their conferences up either...although Penn State looks like they are turning the corner. Same for Washington...they've sucked until recently...or at least haven't helped conference strength.

Default2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. That's KIND of relevant. Not as relevant as winning a playoff game or a National Championship in the last 10 years. All but the Big 12 have a playoff win or National Championship since 2006. Like I said, you can have as many ranked teams as you want but if you can't make the playoff and either win 1 game or the National Title, you're not as good as the other conferences who did. Now I did say that I would be willing to put the Big 12 over the Pac 12 so I'm working with you there, but putting them over the ACC, SEC or B1G just simply can't happen and I don't know anyone else aside from a Big 12 homer who would think that way. AP voters can vote half your conference to be ranked all they want but how many of them are voting for a Big 12 team to make the playoffs or even makes it to the National Title game? I've seen USC, Florida State, Alabama, Ohio State. Haven't heard anything about Oklahoma being a playoff favorite. Now, this also isn't saying that the Big 12 sucks. Not at all. But to say they are on the same level as the ACC, SEC and B1G throughout the last 5-10 years is a little overrating the Big 12 as a conference in my opinion.
Just to be clear...you're saying that if a Boise State got into the playoffs the MWC (or wherever the hell they are now) would then be in the top 3?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, let's remove the playoff wins. I'll agree and add Florida State back in the group based on the other criteria you listed. But, if you remove last year from the equation, the recent history of Oregon and Michigan State is every bit as good or better than USC, Washington and Michigan. Okie Lite's has been consistent but still not equal to Oregon's and Sparty's other than last year.

I think you are giving Michigan and USC (and Penn State to a degree) too much credit because of historical name recognition. Even their fans claim that, until the past year or two, they haven't been real good in quite a while...especially by their standards. Actually dragging the quality of their conferences down. And they aren't the only ones in that group. Florida, Georgia, Texas, Penn State, Tennessee, UCLA, etc haven't done a lot for keeping the quality of their conferences up either...although Penn State looks like they are turning the corner. Same for Washington...they've sucked until recently...or at least haven't helped conference strength.

I'm going by recent history. Also, let's not forget that two B1G teams were in the running for a playoff spot last year, along with Washington, Bama and Clemson. No Big 12 teams considered even with Oklahoma being so good last year. Like I've said, every single conference has at least 3 bottom dwelling teams. Those teams are easy wins for the top tier teams in the conference. Kansas, Iowa State, Texas Tech and Texas have been dragging down the Big 12 for the last 3-4 years. In the same notion, teams like Syracuse, Virginia and Duke did the same for the ACC, Purdue, Illinois and Rutgers did the same for the B1G, Arizona, UCLA, Cal and even Oregon have done the same for the Pac 12 and Missouri and Ole Miss did the same for the SEC. The ACC only had 3 losing teams last year, while the B1G had 6, Big 12 had 5 (which is half their conference, by the way), Pac 12 had 6 (which is half their conference, by the way) and the SEC has 5. Each conference has things that count against it. The fact that neither the Pac 12 or the Big 12 have won a playoff game or a national championship in the last 10 years hurts them. The fact that the SEC really only has 1 title contenders hurts them. The fact that the Big 12 don't have a winning records against ANY of the power 5 conference since 2013 hurts them too. There's been a lot of statistics posted from me and other people, you really just have to look at them all and have an UNBIASED opinion on the topic or else we can't have a serious debate about it. The argument that half of the Big 12 is ranked is great, but when the other half of your conference has a losing record AND you haven't won a playoff game OR National title game in the last 10 years, I'm sorry but you are not as good as other conferences who have playoff wins, national titles or more than half of their conference has a winning record. And I don't mean you personally, I just means "you" and "we" in general terms.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear...you're saying that if a Boise State got into the playoffs the MWC (or wherever the hell they are now) would then be in the top 3?

I don't understand the misunderstanding here. Playoff wins are a criteria, but not the ONLY criteria. Once again, the criteria is playoff wins, national titles, overall top to bottom conference competitiveness and w-l records against the other power 5 conferences. Those four things SHOULD factor in to the decision as to who the best conference in college football is. My range of stats and what not is at least since 2013. Some stats I've stretched to the last 5-10 years but that's for longevity purposes when it comes ONLY to National Titles.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank the Conferences???

The AP already did this on Monday.

60% of the Big XII in the Top 26.

Case Closed.
Not sure why people can't accept it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank the Conferences???

The AP already did this on Monday.

60% of the Big XII in the Top 26.

Case Closed.
Not sure why people can't accept it.

Because not everyone is as closed minded and bias as you are. I'm done explaining it to you. And if you have to add on that TCU was the first team left out of the top 25, you're argument FOR the Big 12 is not that strong because that's LITERALLY all you have brought up. Is how half the conference is ranked in the top 25 in the PRESEASON top 25.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because not everyone is as closed minded and bias as you are. I'm done explaining it to you. And if you have to add on that TCU was the first team left out of the top 25, you're argument FOR the Big 12 is not that strong because that's LITERALLY all you have brought up. Is how half the conference is ranked in the top 25 in the PRESEASON top 25.

No, it's the exact opposite.
The AP poll is made up of all kinds of people.
People who put a lot on history or that last year carries a lot of weight. Some totally disregard that and only look at what is coming back this year. Then there are others that have their homer glasses on and others look mostly at recruiting classes, then there are those in the AP who do a combination of 2 or more of the above.

The point is that the AP evens out with all of the input, and correctly does so, and we end up with the Top 25 rankings. With all of that, the Big XII has by far the highest percentage of it's teams ranked.

There's no need to twist it or convolute the issue with nonsense.

It's simple.
The Conferences have already been ranked.
It's called a Poll.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going off of how well they did overall during the bowl season, how shitty of defenses they have and non-existent offenses. Then the SEC has to be at the bottom.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been confirmed by hot chicks that men who participate in cfb teams within the ACC as well as those men who follow ACC teams have the biggest Johnsons out of the Power 5 conferences. Hence, my super subjective homeristic statements make the ACC the best conference.

I have heard that the Big 10 may come in last using this approach due to certain schools.
:harbaugh:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like Michigan
I think Michigan has done plenty to deserve, and predict, they'll be a top 25 team this year. We might be a little high, but it's not like we, say, only won 4 games last year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's the exact opposite.
The AP poll is made up of all kinds of people.
People who put a lot on history or that last year carries a lot of weight. Some totally disregard that and only look at what is coming back this year. Then there are others that have their homer glasses on and others look mostly at recruiting classes, then there are those in the AP who do a combination of 2 or more of the above.

The point is that the AP evens out with all of the input, and correctly does so, and we end up with the Top 25 rankings. With all of that, the Big XII has by far the highest percentage of it's teams ranked.

There's no need to twist it or convolute the issue with nonsense.

It's simple.
The Conferences have already been ranked.
It's called a Poll.

No, that's a poll of teams individually. The teams aren't ranked based on how good their conference is. They are ranked on their performance last year and how good they look ON PAPER this year. I will agree with you on one thing though. There is no need to twist or convolute anything which is why its so confusing to me why you are twisting the AP poll to fit your narrative. Give me another reason why the Big 12 is the best conference in College Football and do NOT use the 2017 preseason AP poll.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going by recent history.
If "very" recent then I get what you are saying because Michigan, USC, Penn State and Washington weren't up to par until the past year or two.

The fact that neither the Pac 12 or the Big 12 have won a playoff game or a national championship in the last 10 years hurts them.
January 1, 2015 Oregon 59 Florida State 20
True for the Big 12 but 100% false for the Pac 12. Oregon kicked the shit out of an undefeated FSU and Mr. Crab Legs the firsst year of the CFP!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If "very" recent then I get what you are saying because Michigan, USC, Penn State and Washington weren't up to par until the past year or two.

January 1, 2015 Oregon 59 Florida State 20
True for the Big 12 but 100% false for the Pac 12. Oregon kicked the shit out of an undefeated FSU and Mr. Crab Legs the firsst year of the CFP!

Damn that's right. Oregon faces Ohio State in the Natty that year. Damn IDK why I thought Florida State won that game lol