• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank The Conferences!

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, as a Bama fan I'm in the enviable position of caring less about how the rest of the SEC fares.

RTR

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12: All winners including a big win by Oklahoma over Ohio State, but Baylor, Iowa State and Kansas lose.
ACC: Clemson huge win over Auburn, Syracuse, Virginia and Pitt were the only losses in non-conference play.
Pac 12: USC stomps Stanford, takes Washington State 3OTs to win, Arizona, Arizona State and Oregon State lose.
B1G: Big losses for Ohio State and Nebraska. Every other B1G team wins aside from Rutgers.
SEC: Losses by Auburn and Arkansas. Georgia wins close over Notre Dame.

With that said, who had the best week?! In my opinion, it's pretty clear that the Big 12 had the better week. What's going on with Baylor?!? First Liberty and now Texas-San Antonio?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Records vs. P5/ND/BYU:

Pac 12: 5-1
SEC: 5-3
Big 10: 6-5
ACC: 4-6
Big 12: 2-3

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. ACC - Clemson, Miami, Virginia Tech, and Miami (FL) have looked really good. Florida State has only faced Alabama, but I am sure they are a good team, even with QB2 as the starter now. Pittsburgh, Georgia Tech, and Louisville haven't had a great start but cannot be overlooked.

2. Big 12 - I think Big 12 has the best top-half of the conferences. Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, TCU, and West Virginia have looked impressive this season. Oklahoma and Okie State have looked Top 10 and Kansas State and TCU could very well be. West Virginia lost a heartbreaker vs VT.

3. SEC - Alabama definitely stands out. LSU has looked tough as well. Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, and LSU could have some big wins, but won't know until we see how their opponents do. Auburn is still pretty good, even though they lost to Clemson.

4. B1G - I do not see them living up to their preseason hype. Top half is not quite as dominant as you would expect, but I feel the bottom half is doing better than expected. Penn State has looked good. OSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin have looked bad at times. Northwestern and Nebraska have not looked good. Iowa has a lot of question marks still. Purdue has looked impressive for Purdue. Maryland and Indiana have looked good as well.

5. Pac 12 - I think this is the most even conference throughout. Washington and USC are standout teams right now, but Stanford, Washington State, Oregon, Utah, and even Colorado could steal some thunder. Oregon State and Arizona are just terrible.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's revisit this. It's hard to convince me that the Big 12 isn't at the top of the list at this point.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that say's more about you than anything else.

Eh, not really. Only non-homers can be un-bias. If you think the Pac 12 is the best conference, think again man. Out of the 7 games where unranked teams have beaten ranked teams, 3 of the ranked teams were from the Pac 12. USC has struggled in every game, WSU hasn't really played anyone worth mentioning unless you count Boise State. Washington is the strongest looking team in the Pac 12 and they struggled against Rutgers.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, not really. Only non-homers can be un-bias. If you think the Pac 12 is the best conference, think again man. Out of the 7 games where unranked teams have beaten ranked teams, 3 of the ranked teams were from the Pac 12. USC has struggled in every game, WSU hasn't really played anyone worth mentioning unless you count Boise State. Washington is the strongest looking team in the Pac 12 and they struggled against Rutgers.
:ipw::ipw::ipw:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pac-12 has been the most impressive conference this year. Only 1 team is holding them back at the moment, Oregon State.

The rest of the P5 conferences are top heavy and are disguising the horrible bottom half they have going on.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac-12 has been the most impressive conference this year. Only 1 team is holding them back at the moment, Oregon State.

The rest of the P5 conferences are top heavy and are disguising the horrible bottom half they have going on.

The most impressive? 3 ranked Pac 12 teams have lost to unranked teams. USC has struggled in every game this year. If you're looking at top to bottom, you also have to include the Big Ten. Only Rutgers is holding them back and Penn State might be the most impressive team behind Clemson and Oklahoma. Only 1 team with a losing records, just like the Pac 12.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough question, because honestly, there isn't much separation between 1-5 this year. The Pac 12 has the best record against P5/ND/BYU at 7-2, but the conference has also lost to San Diego St(x2), Colorado State, Houston, and Memphis. Not that any of those teams are particularly bad, but they are G5 teams. I think the Pac 12 will probably end up being the best, mostly because I think a team like San Diego State is going to run the table and make a NY6 bowl, thus losing to them won't be considered a bad loss.

Right now I'd probably go:

1. SEC
2. Pac 12
3. Big 10
4. B1G 12
5. ACC

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most impressive? 3 ranked Pac 12 teams have lost to unranked teams. USC has struggled in every game this year. If you're looking at top to bottom, you also have to include the Big Ten. Only Rutgers is holding them back and Penn State might be the most impressive team behind Clemson and Oklahoma. Only 1 team with a losing records, just like the Pac 12.

Yeah you're not biased.LOL. You woke up and this was the first thing in your head. Out of the blue.
giphy.gif

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough question, because honestly, there isn't much separation between 1-5 this year. The Pac 12 has the best record against P5/ND/BYU at 7-2, but the conference has also lost to San Diego St(x2), Colorado State, Houston, and Memphis. Not that any of those teams are particularly bad, but they are G5 teams. I think the Pac 12 will probably end up being the best, mostly because I think a team like San Diego State is going to run the table and make a NY6 bowl, thus losing to them won't be considered a bad loss.

I'd probably go:

1. SEC
2. Pac 12
3. Big 10
4. B1G 12
5. ACC

I'm curious, why SEC over Pac 12? Alabama and Georgia are the only real good teams and as a conference they've struggled against out of conference teams. They are 7-6 against power 5 conferences, including 0-2 against the Pac 12.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now I'd probably go:

1. SEC
2. Pac 12
3. Big 10
4. B1G 12
5. ACC
Pac 12 best? Really?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you on that USC part. They haven't been that impressive yet.

Memphis always sneaks up on ppl. Some might consider that UCLA win a upset, but not really.

Only Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Iowa are performing well rn. Gotta include Michigan too but only because of their defense.

These rankings this season might be the most deceptive in quite awhile.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious, why SEC over Pac 12? Seems to me that teams like Michigan, Florida and LSU, they've struggled against out of conference teams. They are 7-6 against power 5 conferences, including 0-2 against the Pac 12.
michigan joined the SEC?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's revisit this. It's hard to convince me that the Big 12 isn't at the top of the list at this point.

4-6 record against P5 teams. Losses to Liberty, Central Michigan, UT-San Antonio, and Ohio. Certainly worse than the Pac 12's losses against G5 schools IMO.