• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank The Conferences!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those 7 wins are against who? I see a remarkably unimpressive win over Rutgers by Pac 12 favorite Washington. I see a miraculous comeback against a very average A&M team. I see Oregon with a narrow home victory against a horrible Nebraska team. Cal has a 5 point win over a trash UNC team and a decent win over an Ole Miss team that's being ravaged by sanctions. I see USC with a narrow home win over an awful Texas team. Finally, I see Utah with a narrow win over a 1-3 BYU team. So, in total, that's 7 mostly very close wins over teams that are a combined 12-15. That's not impressive.

And that's not much different than the other conferences. So I'm not sure what your point is?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I said the PAC is the best conference? You have been lost since you started replying to me.

Is this you starting a civil conversation? Because it's a bad attempt. Honestly I just figured you're a homer because you've had a stick up your ass since I asked the question.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I said the PAC is the best conference? You have been lost since you started replying to me.

I remember you saying the 12 Pac is the best conference. But I don't remember which thread you said it in & I'm not sober right now.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you saying the 12 Pac is the best conference. But I don't remember which thread you said it in & I'm not sober right now.

You need to go find it because I'm not a PAC guy type of poster. I will give my opinion of certain teams but I've never rooted or said the PAC is best.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always wondered why we always include ND and BYU when talking about records. I get that Notre Dame is probably the best non-power 5 school but why include BYU in that?

They were, a couple of years ago during the realignment. They were on the cusp of joining the Big 12, but they've gone downhill since then.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't we if the conferences include them as P5 quality schools?

I understand adding in ND, but BYU? I mean yeah they've been a bowl team since 2005 but they haven't really done anything in the last 7 or 8 years have they?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's not much different than the other conferences. So I'm not sure what your point is?
Oklahoma's win over Ohio State alone puts the Big 12 over the Pac 12. I'd also say michigan's decisive win over Florida and even Indiana's 17-point win over 3-1 Virginia are far more impressive than anything the Pac 12 can claim, so the B1G is ahead of them. There's nobody on Bama's level in that conference, and I'd argue Georgia would win that conference, so along with the rest of the depth there, I'm definitely putting the SEC over them. The Pac 12 has no real elite team it would seem, the middle of the conference is soft and unimpressive, and the bottom is horrid. They're very mediocre this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to go find it because I'm not a PAC guy type of poster. I will give my opinion of certain teams but I've never rooted or said the PAC is best.

I was just joking around.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand adding in ND, but BYU? I mean yeah they've been a bowl team since 2005 but they haven't really done anything in the last 7 or 8 years have they?

?

They've constantly been in bowl games.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since 2005(when Mendenhall took over) they are 15th in winning %, with half that time playing as an independent.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those 7 wins are against who? I see a remarkably unimpressive win over Rutgers by Pac 12 favorite Washington. I see a miraculous comeback against a very average A&M team. I see Oregon with a narrow home victory against a horrible Nebraska team. Cal has a 5 point win over a trash UNC team and a decent win over an Ole Miss team that's being ravaged by sanctions. I see USC with a narrow home win over an awful Texas team. Finally, I see Utah with a narrow win over a 1-3 BYU team. So, in total, that's 7 mostly very close wins over teams that are a combined 12-15. That's not impressive.
Remember when Penn st. struggled with Temple last year and then lost to Pitt? They ended up being a decent team. Remember when Ohio St. looked like shit last year against Northwestern or against a pathetic Michigan St.?

At some point a win is a win, no matter how you get it. If you are nit picking to the point of a beauty contest, then I won't argue with you. and honestly your opinion doesn't mean shit.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point a win is a win, no matter how you get it. If you are nit picking to the point of a beauty contest, then I won't argue with you. and honestly your opinion doesn't mean shit.

I thought that was the point of the Juggernaut Power 5. Beat up on "inferior teams" to get style points?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?

They've constantly been in bowl games.

I guess. Then again, I'm in the thought process that think there are WAAAY too many bowl games. A .500 season at 6-6 is enough for a bowl game. That's ridiculous.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma's win over Ohio State alone puts the Big 12 over the Pac 12. I'd also say michigan's decisive win over Florida and even Indiana's 17-point win over 3-1 Virginia are far more impressive than anything the Pac 12 can claim, so the B1G is ahead of them. There's nobody on Bama's level in that conference, and I'd argue Georgia would win that conference, so along with the rest of the depth there, I'm definitely putting the SEC over them. The Pac 12 has no real elite team it would seem, the middle of the conference is soft and unimpressive, and the bottom is horrid. They're very mediocre this year.

Oklahoma's win is the most impressive win of the season, no argument there. But this thread is ranking conferences, not best win. I mean you said yourself Texas is awful, well they beat Iowa State last night, so that must mean their awful, then you have Kansas and Baylor. K State lost to Vandy, WVU lost to VT, which appears to be a good loss, but still a loss.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Penn st. struggled with Temple last year and then lost to Pitt? They ended up being a decent team. Remember when Ohio St. looked like shit last year against Northwestern or against a pathetic Michigan St.?

Yup, and at the time people were ragging the B1G as they should. Right now, you don't get the benefit of the doubt just because your school plays in that conference. Your conference is at the bottom of the totem pole. You claim no quality OOC wins, and the ones you do have were embarrassingly close all around against some pretty shitty teams. And honestly, if you don't like my opinion, go fuck yourself off and stop replying to me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. Then again, I'm in the thought process that think there are WAAAY too many bowl games. A .500 season at 6-6 is enough for a bowl game. That's ridiculous.

I agree there's too many bowl games. I think it's absurd that a 6-6 team gets a bowl invite.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma's win is the most impressive win of the season, no argument there. But this thread is ranking conferences, not best win. I mean you said yourself Texas is awful, well they beat Iowa State last night, so that must mean their awful, then you have Kansas and Baylor. K State lost to Vandy, WVU lost to VT, which appears to be a good loss, but still a loss.
WVU barely lost to VT, that was a hell of a game. WVU is a legit team. TCU has looked very impressive, Oklahoma State can beat any team on any given Saturday, and Oklahoma might be the best team in the nation right now. Hell, even Texas Tech is unbeaten. A few close, mediocre P5 wins don't elevate the Pac 12 from being maybe the 5th best P5 conference, at best 4th best.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The SEC's "top" teams haven't been that impressive. Florida, LSU, Auburn haven't been really good. Seems like Georgia and Alabama are the only contenders there. At least the Big 12 and Pac 12 each have 4 teams vying for the top spot.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and at the time people were ragging the B1G as they should. Right now, you don't get the benefit of the doubt just because your school plays in that conference. Your conference is at the bottom of the totem pole. You claim no quality OOC wins, and the ones you do have were embarrassingly close all around against some pretty shitty teams. And honestly, if you don't like my opinion, go fuck yourself off and stop replying to me.
Just keep hanging your hat on that quality loss.