• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank The Conferences!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy...rank the power 5 conferences in order of which conference is the best in all of College Football. Regular season, bowl games AND playoff play!

In my opinion....

1. ACC
2. SEC
3. Big Ten
4. Pac 12
5. Big 12

If you take the top 5 teams from the ACC and the SEC standings last year not including Clemson or Alabama:

From the ACC: Florida State, Louisville, Miami(FL), Virginia Tech and North Carolina
From the SEC: Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU and Georgia

I think the ACC wins at least 4 of those games. For me, the Big Ten is a VERY close 3rd to the SEC. Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa are a force also. Once Oregon comes back from their slump, I believe the Pac 12 might challenge for the 3rd spot. Big 12 can barely get 5 teams to have a winning record. The Big Ten and Pac 12 each had 4 teams with double digit wins, ACC and Big 12 with 3 and SEC had 1. No other team aside from Alabama could get more than 9 wins.

Lots to factor in here but what do y'all think??

Discuss!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy...rank the power 5 conferences in order of which conference is the best in all of College Football. Regular season, bowl games AND playoff play!

In my opinion....

1. ACC
2. SEC
3. Big Ten
4. Pac 12
5. Big 12

If you take the top 5 teams from the ACC and the SEC standings last year not including Clemson or Alabama:

From the ACC: Florida State, Louisville, Miami(FL), Virginia Tech and North Carolina

I think the ACC wins at least 4 of those games. For me, the Big Ten is a VERY close 3rd to the SEC. Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa are a force also. Once Oregon comes back from their slump, I believe the Pac 12 might challenge for the 3rd spot. Big 12 can barely get 5 teams to have a winning record. The Big Ten and Pac 12 each had 4 teams with double digit wins, ACC and Big 12 with 3 and SEC had 1. No other team aside from Alabama could get more than 9 wins.

Discuss!

That's all fine and good if you want to "rate" an entire conference on some top teams.
The majority of the conferences you listed as the top conferences have a huge amount of bottom dwellers that help to make the "top teams" look even better.

If you're looking for the Conference that is best Top to Bottom, it's the Big XII as evidenced by the current AP Top 25 poll where the Big XII has HALF it's teams listed.

It's obviously the Big XII

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all fine and good if you want to "rate" an entire conference on some top teams.
The majority of the conferences you listed as the top conferences have a huge amount of bottom dwellers that help to make the "top teams" look even better.

If you're looking for the Conference that is best Top to Bottom, it's the Big XII as evidenced by the current AP Top 25 poll where the Big XII has HALF it's teams listed.

I'm rating it based on statistics and facts. Are you saying that the Big 12 doesn't have bottom dwellers? Each conference has its bottom dwellers. Kansas and Iowa State come to mind for the Big 12.

Only the Big Ten, Big 12 and ACC had a team that had double digit losses.

ACC had 3 teams that didn't have a winning record
Big Ten and Pac 12 each had 6
SEC and the Big 12 each had 5.

Like I said, each team has its bottom dwellers. Big 12 can't be the best conference just by using your argument against you. ACC wins out in that category as well.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rating it based on statistics and facts. Are you saying that the Big 12 doesn't have bottom dwellers? Each conference has its bottom dwellers. Kansas and Iowa State come to mind for the Big 12.

When half your Conference is ranked, there's absolutely less bottom dwellers to feed on.
It isn't that hard to figure out.

When your conference is "loaded" with them, it helps every other stat on the face of the planet.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my opinion....

1. ACC
2. SEC
3. Big Ten
4. Pac 12
5. Big 12

Discuss!

It's so tough to call. They're all strong, barely any separation at all from my perspective. I could get behind your order of rank. It depends on criteria too. Honestly top to bottom the PAC and Big 12 may be the best of all of them.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When half your Conference is ranked, there's absolutely less bottom dwellers to feed on.
It isn't that hard to figure out.

When your conference is "loaded" with them, it helps every other stat on the face of the planet.

There are less bottom dwellers but the Big 12 has some of the worst teams in College Football. Kansas (Big 12), Rutgers (Big Ten), and Virginia (ACC) were all 2-10, tied for the 2nd worst record in all of College Football last year. Iowa State was 1 of 5 power 5 conference teams to be 3-9, the 3rd worst record in College Football. We haven't even gotten to ANY of the SEC teams. You can have all the ranked teams you want but if you can't win a championship or a playoff game, that counts against you just as much as how many "bottom dweller" teams you have in your conference. That's not hard to figure out either.

Big Ten, ACC and SEC each have a National Championship in the last 3 years. An argument can be made for the Pac-12 to be 5th and Big 12 to be 4th but that's about it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so tough to call. They're all strong, barely any separation at all from my perspective. I could get behind your order of rank. It depends on criteria too. Honestly top to bottom the PAC and Big 12 may be the best of all of them.

Criteria is overall rankings, top to bottom quality of teams, success against each of the power 5 conferences in regular season, bowl games and playoff games, national championships and playoff wins (which would only be in the last 2-3 years). And this is in recent history because we're ranking the best heading into this season. I don't see how Pac 12 or Big 12 can contend for the top with all the success of the other 3 since 2014.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12

AAC

So Con

Everybody else

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ou can have all the ranked teams you want but if you can't win a championship or a playoff game,

Big Ten, ACC and SEC each have a National Championship in the last 3 years. An argument can be made for the Pac-12 to be 5th and Big 12 to be 4th but that's about it.

Sounds like you should have named this thread "best conference based on playoff appearances"

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you should have named this thread "best conference based on playoff appearances"

Its about overall success in recent history. Also, you wanna talk top to bottom conferences:

Bowl Ineligible teams in 2016:

Pac-12 - 6
Big 12 and Big Ten - 4
ACC - 3
SEC - 2

So I'll give you this. Top to bottom, overall success, Big 12 moves up to 4th, dropping Pac 12 down to 5th.

Bowl Games:

ACC - 9-3
Big 12 - 4-2
Pac 12 - 3-3
SEC - 6-7
Big Ten - 3-7

In that, I would be inclined to move the Big 12 over the Big Ten, but the Big Ten at least have won a National Championship within the last 10 years. It's not just about the playoff. It's overall success throughout the season, in bowl games, teams top to bottom. But the National Championship and playoff matter as well. What has the Big 12 done over the last 5 years to be the best conference in College Football?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. SEC
2. ACC
3. Pac 12
4. B1G
5. Big 12

If you flipped 4/5 I wouldn't argue.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, it's artificially. Texas has done nothing to deserve a top 25 ranking outside of hiring a potentially good coach.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it's artificially. Texas has done nothing to deserve a top 25 ranking outside of hiring a potentially good coach.

You could argue that one of the Big 12's "bottom dwelling" teams from last year are ranked #23 this year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to know why you guys have the Pac 12 ranked above the Big Ten.

I see the 2 conferences as being pretty darn close to even. I think the top half of each conference is pretty much dead even and give the PAC a slight edge on the bottom half of the conferences.

Could be because I'm just more familiar with the PAC teams though.