• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for CFP/NCAA to change selection rules.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honestly, I don't care when the SEC plays their OOC games. They get slammed because they, at least until recently, typically play cupcakes and rarely venture out of the South.

Really? In 2023

Kentucky played Louisville
Florida played FSU
South Carolina played Clemson
Georgia played GA Tech
Miss played GA Tech
Vanderbilt played Wake Forest
TAMU played Miami
LSU played FSU
Alabama played texas
Tennessee played Virginia
South Carolina played North Carolina

Missouri played Kansas State
Arkansas played BYU

Miss St played Arizona
Auburn played Cal
Florida played Utah

Played against Pac 12, ACC, Big 12

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? In 2023

Florida played FSU
Georgia played GA Tech
Miss played GA Tech
TAMU played Miami
LSU played FSU
Alabama played texas

Arkansas played BYU

Miss St played Arizona
Auburn played Cal
Florida played Utah

I honestly thought it was one of the better OOCs I've seen from them.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honestly, I don't care when the SEC plays their OOC games. They get slammed because they, at least until recently, typically play cupcakes and rarely venture out of the South.
Firstly, wow, someone from UTEP throwing stones at ANYONE'S schedule is insane!!!!

Secondly, YOU are the one that brought up "play New Mexico Military Institute at the end of the year"!!!!!

Thirdly, "typically play cupcakes"? So, how come SEC teams keep bumping non-SEC teams from the playoffs? I remember in 2006 when Michigan and OSU played and both were 11-0. OSU squeaked out a 42-39 win. All you fools up north wanted a rematch for the Natty. The computers with their SOS said OSU (12-0) should play UF (12-1) and Michigan (11-1) should play USC (10-2). The result? UF 41-14 over OSU and USC 38-24 over Michigan. Are we going to see a repeat this year?

Secondly, get you head out of your keyster, dude! Over the past 20 seasons teams from the south have won the Natty 18 times!!!

The southern teams don't have to travel very far to find quality opponents. When are you boys gonna come down and play some REAL teams during the season!!

Finally, The "not venturing out of the south" comment is typically aimed at FLORIDA by idiots like Brett Murphy!!!

In the regular season...How many ranked teams has XXX played at home but since 1990? (i.e., 1990-2022)
Ohio State has played 55 opponents that were ranked.
Michigan has played 57 opponents that were ranked.
Notre Dame has played 59 opponents that were ranked.
Oregon has played 38 opponents that were ranked.
Washington has played 52 opponents that were ranked.
Florida has played 55 opponents that were ranked. Is UF's # out of line? NO!

In the regular season...How many ranked teams has XXX played OUTSIDE their own state since 1990? (i.e., 1990-2022)
Ohio State has played 47 opponents that were ranked.
Michigan has played 52 opponents that were ranked.
Notre Dame has played 55 opponents that were ranked.
Oregon has played 48 opponents that were ranked.
Washington has played 50 opponents that were ranked.
Florida has played 50 opponents that were ranked. Is UF's # out of line? NO! Does Florida travel to play good teams? YES!!!! Just as much as anyone else! So does UF "need" to travel ant more? NO!!!!

Wait for it... here's the kicker!!!
In the regular season...How many ranked teams has XXX played NOT at home but IN their own state since 1990? (i.e., 1990-2022)
Ohio State has played 3 games IN Ohio not at home and NONE were ranked!
Michigan has played 16 games IN Michigan NOT at home (all vs MSU) and 5 were ranked with 4 ranked in Top 10 (2 in Top 5).
Notre Dame has played 13 games (all against Purdue) in Indiana NOT at home and 3 were ranked and NONE in Top10.
Oregon has played 17 games in Oregon but NOT at home (ALL vs OSU) and 5 were ranked and 1 was ranked #4.
Washington has played 17 games in Washington but NOT at home (16 vs WSU and 1 vs AF in Seattle) and 4 were ranked with 2 ranked #10.
Collectively that 5 teams in 5 different states playing 66 games NOT at home but IN their home states with 17 opponents ranked and 9 in Top 10!

Florida ...........................................................................has played 52 games in Florida but NOT at home ..............
............and 38 were ranked with 25 in the Top 10! (15 in the TOP 5!!!).

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? In 2023

Florida played FSU
Georgia played GA Tech
Miss played GA Tech
TAMU played Miami
LSU played FSU
Alabama played texas

Arkansas played BYU

Miss St played Arizona
Auburn played Cal
Florida played Utah

its quite interesting that this is the first year that the SEC has really went out of conference especially in road games and its viewed as they had a down year despite what the committee gifted alabama. florida played its first out of state road game in OOC since before tebow was there!

alot of these games are nothing new on schedule. without looking it up im fairly certain kentucky often plays louisville, same with florida and FSU, Georgia and Georgia tech, South Carolina and North Carolina.

what happened when they went outside of the norm and FSU played LSU, Alabama played texas, Florida vs Utah?
Florida might be sitting in a bowl game had they stuck to their previous weak scheduling.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its quite interesting that this is the first year that the SEC has really went out of conference especially in road games and its viewed as they had a down year despite what the committee gifted alabama. florida played its first out of state road game in OOC since before tebow was there!

alot of these games are nothing new on schedule. without looking it up im fairly certain kentucky often plays louisville, same with florida and FSU, Georgia and Georgia tech, South Carolina and North Carolina.

what happened when they went outside of the norm and FSU played LSU, Alabama played texas, Florida vs Utah?
Florida might be sitting in a bowl game had they stuck to their previous weak scheduling.
Why don't you do a side-to-side comparison between the PAC and the SEC instead of picking out one or two games in a decade?

I'll do a side-by-side comparison between USC and UF

Games Played outside of home state.
UF 130 games with 50 Ranked
USC 137 games with 48 ranked.

Games played at Home.
UF 208 games played with 55 ranked
USC 197 games with 50 ranked

Games played IN home state but not at home.
UF 52 games played with 38 ranked
USC 55 games played and 14 ranked That's a lot of cupcakes IN your state!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you do a side-to-side comparison between the PAC and the SEC instead of picking out one or two games in a decade?

I'll do a side-by-side comparison between USC and UF

Games Played outside of home state.
UF 130 games with 50 Ranked
USC 137 games with 48 ranked.

Games played at Home.
UF 208 games played with 55 ranked
USC 197 games with 50 ranked

Games played IN home state but not at home.
UF 52 games played with 38 ranked
USC 55 games played and 14 ranked That's a lot of cupcakes IN your state!
again thats all based on opinions of voters. im not going to go back 30 years and look at every game but im sure if i did i would find alot of these top 5 or even ranked teams turned out not to be as they were ranked. example florida played a ranked utah team but where are they now?

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly, wow, someone from UTEP throwing stones at ANYONE'S schedule is insane!!!!

Secondly, YOU are the one that brought up "play New Mexico Military Institute at the end of the year"!!!!!

Thirdly, "typically play cupcakes"? So, how come SEC teams keep bumping non-SEC teams from the playoffs? I remember in 2006 when Michigan and OSU played and both were 11-0. OSU squeaked out a 42-39 win. All you fools up north wanted a rematch for the Natty. The computers with their SOS said OSU (12-0) should play UF (12-1) and Michigan (11-1) should play USC (10-2). The result? UF 41-14 over OSU and USC 38-24 over Michigan. Are we going to see a repeat this year?

Secondly, get you head out of your keyster, dude! Over the past 20 seasons teams from the south have won the Natty 18 times!!!

The southern teams don't have to travel very far to find quality opponents. When are you boys gonna come down and play some REAL teams during the season!!

Finally, The "not venturing out of the south" comment is typically aimed at FLORIDA by idiots like Brett Murphy!!!

In the regular season...How many ranked teams has XXX played at home but since 1990? (i.e., 1990-2022)
Ohio State has played 55 opponents that were ranked.
Michigan has played 57 opponents that were ranked.
Notre Dame has played 59 opponents that were ranked.
Oregon has played 38 opponents that were ranked.
Washington has played 52 opponents that were ranked.
Florida has played 55 opponents that were ranked. Is UF's # out of line? NO!

In the regular season...How many ranked teams has XXX played OUTSIDE their own state since 1990? (i.e., 1990-2022)
Ohio State has played 47 opponents that were ranked.
Michigan has played 52 opponents that were ranked.
Notre Dame has played 55 opponents that were ranked.
Oregon has played 48 opponents that were ranked.
Washington has played 50 opponents that were ranked.
Florida has played 50 opponents that were ranked. Is UF's # out of line? NO! Does Florida travel to play good teams? YES!!!! Just as much as anyone else! So does UF "need" to travel ant more? NO!!!!

Wait for it... here's the kicker!!!
In the regular season...How many ranked teams has XXX played NOT at home but IN their own state since 1990? (i.e., 1990-2022)
Ohio State has played 3 games IN Ohio not at home and NONE were ranked!
Michigan has played 16 games IN Michigan NOT at home (all vs MSU) and 5 were ranked with 4 ranked in Top 10 (2 in Top 5).
Notre Dame has played 13 games (all against Purdue) in Indiana NOT at home and 3 were ranked and NONE in Top10.
Oregon has played 17 games in Oregon but NOT at home (ALL vs OSU) and 5 were ranked and 1 was ranked #4.
Washington has played 17 games in Washington but NOT at home (16 vs WSU and 1 vs AF in Seattle) and 4 were ranked with 2 ranked #10.
Collectively that 5 teams in 5 different states playing 66 games NOT at home but IN their home states with 17 opponents ranked and 9 in Top 10!

Florida ...........................................................................has played 52 games in Florida but NOT at home ..............
............and 38 were ranked
with 25 in the Top 10! (15 in the TOP 5!!!).

That's a lot of information. You didn't have to go through all that trouble. I would refer you to the post where it was explained why OOC schedule is the way to determine who the best team is not in conference play.