• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PSW2: vs Dallas. Saturday 10/7 KING 5/CTV 2

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2007 was a long time ago, the game has changed enough that rookie WRs regularly come in and put up strong numbers.
this is why its increasingly common for teams to take WRs round 1.

Sure receivers are taken more often, and just as many are taken to be the #3 in their offense as are taken to be their leading receiver.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks needed a GOOD #3 WR, Teams were doubling DK and bracketing Lockett or Bracketing DK and doubling Lockett. Now with JSN that will be to taxing to pull off because JSN will be matched up with Linebackers or DE lmao. Win/Win It's a Win for the hawks if teams still do it and a Win if they don't.

It's a different game in the NFL now where as when team ran the ball more 2 WR was just fine. Now you need that 3rd guy. Nickle and dime defense are almost base defenses in todays NFL.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure receivers are taken more often, and just as many are taken to be the #3 in their offense as are taken to be their leading receiver.
and they still step into #3, which is basically a starter in todays game, and put up strong numbers.
if you are taking a WR in round 1 and expecting no production, thats just dumb.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they still step into #3, which is basically a starter in todays game, and put up strong numbers.
if you are taking a WR in round 1 and expecting no production, thats just dumb.

Who is claiming that JSN will have 0 production or that he won't be the teams #3? You're creating a strawman and moving goal posts as the conversation goes along. I'm wouldn't think "big numbers" would've been described as #3 WR production, but ok.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like JSN will miss the first few games which is fine because after the bye week is when the strength of the schedule will show itself playing these AFC North teams.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is claiming that JSN will have 0 production or that he won't be the teams #3? You're creating a strawman and moving goal posts as the conversation goes along. I'm wouldn't think "big numbers" would've been described as #3 WR production, but ok.
nobody is claiming, but it seems youre ok with it if he misses most of the year and doesnt produce due to injury. because its a long term investment.

if youre taking a player round one, they should have immediate impact, thats my opinion.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at the numbers rookies have been putting up the last several years, including non first rounders.
You continue to argue against a point I am not making. I didn't say rookie WRs don't make an impact. I said it takes them time to develop, which is definitely the norm on the whole. For example, Justin Jefferson was really good as a rookie, but in year 3 he caught 40 more passes for 400 more yards vs his 1st year and is now considered the best WR in the league by most people. JSN is probably going to be 'good' as a rookie and produce some decent numbers, but he'll be even better in year 3.... right around when we will need him to step up into a bigger role as TL ages out. THAT was my point. You are attacking a straw man.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody is claiming, but it seems youre ok with it if he misses most of the year and doesnt produce due to injury. because its a long term investment.

if youre taking a player round one, they should have immediate impact, thats my opinion.

Where did I say I wanted him to miss "most of the year"? Where was it even rumored that he is set to miss most of the season?