• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PSW2: vs Dallas. Saturday 10/7 KING 5/CTV 2

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctors that have reviewed that injury think the more likely scenario is short-term IR for him. Considering how much a receiver needs a good wrist to function I have my doubts that he can be ready week 1 and more likely will be hoping for a return about a month in.

With the receivers and TEs Seattle has, there just isn't any real reason to rush him back during his rookie season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the receivers and TEs Seattle has, there just isn't any real reason to rush him back during his rookie season.
I love spending first round picks on players you dont need

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First round picks can be used for many reasons, including as a luxury, or in this case the assumption that an aging player has only a limited time before they start to decline and being prepared for it. A first round pick's value is not only during their rookie season.

Further, why is it that when Seattle picks to need you complain they should go BPA but when they pick BPA you complain they should go for need?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round picks should be immediate impact players, especially anyone taken top 5.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round picks should be immediate impact players, especially anyone taken top 5.

Well, JSN wasn't taken top 5, so that's a moot point. You're so bound to hate everything draft that you cannot even be properly pissed about the correct player.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, JSN wasn't taken top 5, so that's a moot point. You're so bound to hate everything draft that you cannot even be properly pissed about the correct player.
They're both Injured and were injured when we drafted them. Bad judgment in round one yet again is what it looks like currently

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're both Injured and were injured when we drafted them. Bad judgment in round one yet again is what it looks like currently
Your pride is going to lead you to hating Witherspoon/JSN the way you hated on Penny... Don't let that happen... Enjoy the season... :D

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett is 31 in a month and close to the end of his prime if not already there. WRs usually take a couple years to grow into their skin in the NFL, so right about the time TL is either no longer here or no longer the player he was then that's probably about when JSN will be ready to take on that role of a WR1/2. Right from jump he's the WR3 and will get starter level snaps as a rookie, so JSN provides both immediate production and long term roster benefit. The pick made tons of sense and still does. Draft strategies in the NFL incorporate longer term vision. It's not a re-draft fantasy league.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett is 31 in a month and close to the end of his prime if not already there. WRs usually take a couple years to grow into their skin in the NFL, so right about the time TL is either no longer here or no longer the player he was then that's probably about when JSN will be ready to take on that role of a WR1/2.
this is not true anymore, WRs taken in round 1 are expected to make impact on day 1.

Right from jump he's the WR3 and will get starter level snaps as a rookie, so JSN provides both immediate production and long term roster benefit. The pick made tons of sense and still does. Draft strategies in the NFL incorporate longer term vision. It's not a re-draft fantasy league.
taking a guy in round 1 that barely played a down his last year of college seems like a big risk to me and has long term bust potential.

3 WRs were taken immediately after him so we will see pretty quickly if it was the right choice.

Your pride is going to lead you to hating Witherspoon/JSN the way you hated on Penny... Don't let that happen... Enjoy the season... :D
I hope im wrong this time

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is not true anymore, WRs taken in round 1 are expected to make impact on day 1.

What isn't true? I said JSN would be the WR3 *and* produce right away as a rookie. ???
taking a guy in round 1 that barely played a down his last year of college seems like a big risk to me and has long term bust potential.

3 WRs were taken immediately after him so we will see pretty quickly if it was the right choice.

I hope im wrong this time
Yeah, he missed most of last year. Probably why he was still around for our 2nd pick in rnd 1. The pick got way more praise than criticism from credible folks, and he's been nothing but impressive by all accounts up to this point so I'll go with that for now. A temporarily hurt wrist doesn't make him a less talented player.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MrS is it you don't like that they picked a WR or do you not like the WR that they picked? Which player after JSN was chosen would you rather of had? Put it out there, let us know. I think JSN wasn't a huge need but he is a huge talent. The guy could be very special.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What isn't true? I said JSN would be the WR3 *and* produce right away as a rookie. ???
WRs taking years to develop, its just not true of round 1 WRs.
Yeah, he missed most of last year. Probably why he was still around for our 2nd pick in rnd 1. The pick got way more praise than criticism from credible folks, and he's been nothing but impressive by all accounts up to this point so I'll go with that for now. A temporarily hurt wrist doesn't make him a less talented player.
you can be jerry rice, but if youre constantly injured youre nobody.

@MrS is it you don't like that they picked a WR or do you not like the WR that they picked? Which player after JSN was chosen would you rather of had? Put it out there, let us know. I think JSN wasn't a huge need but he is a huge talent. The guy could be very special.
how about a guy without an injury history or at a position of need? but if you need a name, mazi smith, myles murphy or bresee all would have been acceptable.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You see, it's crap like this that make me question you about your knowledge of what you're talking about. 1st round WRs don't need to develop? WTH is that opinion. Even today, half of all 1st round WRs need seasoning before they become reliable producers. That percentage goes up significantly once you reach pick 20. There's just no truth that a player picked in the 1st round has to be immediately dominant to be a successful pick.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not 1994, rookie WRs put up big numbers regularly. If you're taking one round 1 the expectation should be immediate impact.
For instance, the giants took a WR at pick 20 and traded him after one year because he stunk.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a dumb conversation. JSN's injury is minor. He'll be playing by mid September at the latest and he will make an impact. The team has a really good WR group and any impact will be very minimal for this offense, if there is any impact. This kid will be sitting at about 90 receptions and 800-900 yds by season's end, imo. Never want an injury but a fracture is far less severe than soft tissue.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah ok. So WRs drafted in rnd 1 magically show up at their career best as rookies, while only round 2+ WRs need a little time to reach their potential? Makes sense.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah ok. So WRs drafted in rnd 1 magically show up at their career best as rookies, while only round 2+ WRs need a little time to reach their potential? Makes sense.
Go look at the numbers rookies have been putting up the last several years, including non first rounders.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at the numbers rookies have been putting up the last several years, including non first rounders.

I have, and first rounders are at best a 50% proposition of making an immediate impact as anything better than a #3. Just because a first rounder makes 72 catches as a rookie doesn't mean the next pick isn't a WR who makes just 1 catch as a rookie. You constantly only look at the examples you think prove your point and ignore the examples that disprove it. I'd hate to have to be so perfect at the draft that a guy like Calvin Johnson would be considered a bust because he wasn't immediately a #1 WR.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2007 was a long time ago, the game has changed enough that rookie WRs regularly come in and put up strong numbers.
this is why its increasingly common for teams to take WRs round 1.