• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PSW2: vs Dallas. Saturday 10/7 KING 5/CTV 2

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they moved him to safety because we don't have much behind Diggs/Love/Adams.
I think they moved him to safety because of Adams injury history ( he is almost guaranteed to miss 50% of the games in a season on average ) and Bryant is a great ball hawking physical athlete that needs to get on the field.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they moved him to safety because of Adams injury history ( he is almost guaranteed to miss 50% of the games in a season on average ) and Bryant is a great ball hawking physical athlete that needs to get on the field.
And IMO it gives us some verstility so we can use Adams and Love as BS (Box Safites) instead of NCB

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they moved him to safety because we don't have much behind Diggs/Love/Adams.
Yeah, I heard that a few weeks ago and that Adams was going to be playing more along the LOS when he gets in the game...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. I'm going to be SERIOUSLY pissed off if we let Bryant walk... the guy just makes plays (and he should've had another FF and INT if I recall that were negated because of shit calls by the officials). AND he was great in run support, zero shock why as soon as he went off the field and Barton came on, teams started running the ball against us...

Also, Bryant was NOT a nickel corner in College. He was out of position all last year. So I guess that's why we drafted a nickel cornerback with the #5 overall pick..... :L

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I'm going to be SERIOUSLY pissed off if we let Bryant walk... the guy just makes plays (and he should've had another FF and INT if I recall that were negated because of shit calls by the officials). AND he was great in run support, zero shock why as soon as he went off the field and Barton came on, teams started running the ball against us...

Also, Bryant was NOT a nickel corner in College. He was out of position all last year. So I guess that's why we drafted a nickel cornerback with the #5 overall pick..... :L
Seahawks are not going to let Bryant walk, not sure how the idea ever came up because it's crazy talk. As for Witherspoon give it time, his hold out than hamstring issue has set him back but hamstring issues are common this time of year.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are not going to let Bryant walk, not sure how the idea ever came up because it's crazy talk. As for Witherspoon give it time, his hold out than hamstring issue has set him back but hamstring issues are common this time of year.
Plus, it’s only his second season with the Hawks. He has two more years after this year so not sure why you keep suggesting we're going to let him walk... Still a lot of football left to be played before determining his destiny w/ the Hawks...

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the game in person. Never been to one before, so I was super stoked. It's a very different experience watching in person.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the game in person. Never been to one before, so I was super stoked. It's a very different experience watching in person.
Yes it's a cool experience. Preseason I found you can get fantastic seats at affordable pricing. One year had a seat about three rows up from the field and you could hear players grunt when hit, the sounds of pads hitting pads, hear the players yelling. That was awesome. Seahawks were playing the Bronco's when they first got Manning.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it's a cool experience. Preseason I found you can get fantastic seats at affordable pricing. One year had a seat about three rows up from the field and you could hear players grunt when hit, the sounds of pads hitting pads, hear the players yelling. That was awesome. Seahawks were playing the Bronco's when they first got Manning.

Literally couldn't have gotten a seat any further back and still be in the stadium - but still could see everything. If only my kid enjoyed the game as much as his phone.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally couldn't have gotten a seat any further back and still be in the stadium - but still could see everything. If only my kid enjoyed the game as much as his phone.
Dont worry the closer you get to the field the Harder it is to see what's going on after a certain point. I would rather have seats at the very top than on the first row. Sure the player interaction is great but I want to see the game with out watching it on the big screen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, it’s only his second season with the Hawks. He has two more years after this year so not sure why you keep suggesting we're going to let him walk... Still a lot of football left to be played before determining his destiny w/ the Hawks...

I meant when his contract is up. I know he's only 1 year in, but he played decent last year given he was out of position. He needs some work on pass coverage but how much of that was him not knowing how to play nickel?

I would've liked to see Bryant get a shot on the outside, but sounds like Jackson will take that role. So now if Jackson is on the field and we're running a nickel Witherspoon slides inside which means Bryant isn't on the field and that's where I'm concerned he gets traded or not resigned in a few years... and frankly I'd like to see Bryant on the field more. He led the team last year in FF despite only being on the field about 65% of the time (and was screwed over on another FF that was a bad call by the refs).

@HaroldSeattle I keep bringing up Witherspoon because I'm not sure what the point of drafting him was with Jackson, Bryant, Woolen, Love, and all the money we have invested in the secondary at safety (this will likely be Adams' last year, but Diggs just resigned and is still a good FS). I know I've beaten a dead horse on this and it's pretty common knowledge on this forum I heavily disliked the pick, but I still just don't get the pick... it seems we have a logjam now in the secondary and while that's a 'good problem to have' the lack of depth at DL (a far more important position) is not.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JSN having surgery on broken wrist.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle I keep bringing up Witherspoon because I'm not sure what the point of drafting him
Sure it was a surprise, especially since Pete has always waited later in the draft to draft CB. It's true the position wasn't the biggest need on the roster, but it does indicate that the Seahawks were really impressed with his talent and feel it's an upgrade over anyone not named Woolen.
TBH I feel the criticism come from being upset the Seahawks didn't draft the player many fans have a man crush on in Jalen Carter. A player I felt the media over hyped to the moon. I just wished folks would let the season play out rather than look for opportunity to complain about the choices made.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Picking injury prone guys isnt such a good idea

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Supposedly, they're saying there's a possibility he could still be ready for week 1 - but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Injured it on the 48 yard catch on Saturday.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, they're saying there's a possibility he could still be ready for week 1 - but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Injured it on the 48 yard catch on Saturday.
I swear injuries are what make or break teams. Need the season to get here before any thing bad happens again.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, hopefully it's fairly minor if they expect him back early on. I was thinking the Rams may not be too difficult if Kupp was out, but apparently Kupp is expected to return, so it'd be good to be at full strength but we also shouldn't rush him back.

He probably wouldn't be getting any reps anyway in the 3rd week (or very limited) since he's been impressive during all of TC/practices, etc.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doctors that have reviewed that injury think the more likely scenario is short-term IR for him. Considering how much a receiver needs a good wrist to function I have my doubts that he can be ready week 1 and more likely will be hoping for a return about a month in.