• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please say it isn't so

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mayock, but I like Greg Cosell more than anyone else.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and D still wins.
Not arguing that. It's the irrational love for the so-called "WCO". Hardly anyone runs an exclusive WCO these days, but every O contains some WCO elements. I say this because the QBs you mentioned did indeed excel in a WCO, but it hardly exists in that form today. So to suggest Bradford would succeed THIS year because WCO is shaky logic, if its not illogical.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers disagrees.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers says don't ever mention his name with Sam Bradford in the same thread.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the years, i've found Cosell to be extremely objective.

Agreed. I really enjoy listening to Cosell talk football. He talks in-depth about strengths, weaknesses, scheme fits and how the prospects game translates to the next level. As opposed to some analyst who just talk about how they love all these players.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles traded up to get a QB because Bradford has given no inclination that he wants to stay in Philadelphia long term. The only reason we have him for 2 year is because no one offered him the type of money he wanted. So I see reports that he is pissed now....so the fuck what. Get over yourself. He did not show any loyalty but expects a shitload in return? I don't think so. I think Bradford is a good QB and I think the Eagles can win with him. I said it all last season and I say it now. However what assurances do we have he will stick around? He has not given us any.

80% of the QB's drafted in the first round are busts and never live up to expectations. So for every 10 QB's taken in the first round only 2 turn out to be worth anything. Teams really have no choice but to keep plugging away until they get it right.

This QB friendly offense talk is really nothing more than nonsense. There is no such thing as a QB friendly offense in the NFL. Maybe college but definitely not in the NFL. You still need skill to play QB in the NFL it does not get any simpler than that. The WCO is a good offense but you still need a good QB to run it. It is a dink and dunk offense but the terminology is complicated from what I hear. You not only need skill but you have to be smart to run it as well.

I personally don't think Goff or Wentz should be taken 1-2 but they will not drop past the top 10. There are teams that really needed a QB but this is not a real strong QB draft. it will get worse next year and the year after that and teams know it.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was feeling his stride and getting to 100% last year. Half the team quit and he hung in there. He did everything right. I think he deserves to be pissed at first. Now he either gets traded (at his lowest value) or he buckles them up and plays lights out for his next job. There's really not a downside for him or the Eagles. He could play like a #1 pick and keep who we draft on the bench or he could maximize his value in a trade. The only downside is if he gets hurt and that's what he has to prove to everyone anyway.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers says don't ever mention his name with Sam Bradford in the same thread.
Sam Bradford says he won a Heisman and went #1. Keep trying Aaron. Cosell liked Sam more than Aaron too. Oh wait, everyone did then.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford says he won a Heisman and went #1. Keep trying Aaron. Cosell liked Sam more than Aaron too. Oh wait, everyone did then.

Key word - "Then"

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was feeling his stride and getting to 100% last year. Half the team quit and he hung in there. He did everything right. I think he deserves to be pissed at first. Now he either gets traded (at his lowest value) or he buckles them up and plays lights out for his next job. There's really not a downside for him or the Eagles. He could play like a #1 pick and keep who we draft on the bench or he could maximize his value in a trade. The only downside is if he gets hurt and that's what he has to prove to everyone anyway.

I am still trying to figure out how Bradford deserves to be pissed off. I am a fan of Bradford and wanted him to get a long term deal. I think he is a good QB. Unless I am missing something Bradford did not want to commit long term. So why should we wait for him to make up his mind?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly ... that's why I say that the Eagles have set themselves up well at the QB position to come out winners one way or the other. If Sam stays healthy and plays lights out then we win ... if he falters or gets hurt we signed a solid backup who knows the Offense and can contribute off the bench. We can also cut Bradford if he doesn't work out and already have our future starter on board with a year of seasoning under his belt and his backup already on the team in Chase.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still trying to figure out how Bradford deserves to be pissed off. I am a fan of Bradford and wanted him to get a long term deal. I think he is a good QB. Unless I am missing something Bradford did not want to commit long term. So why should we wait for him to make up his mind?

Him being mad sounded so ridiculous, I wanted to believe it was a reporter making some shit up.

The very last person who's feeling I care about are Bradford's. He almost retired after that last ACL injury.

We resurrected this schmuck, offered him a long term deal and he balked. He didn't want to commit to us long term (thank god) so why should he be surprised that we make plans for the future?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We resurrected this schmuck, offered him a long term deal and he balked. He didn't want to commit to us long term (thank god) so why should he be surprised that we make plans for the future?

My thoughts exactly.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they say the long term rumor was false. It's also disputed that he's angry. From recent reports he's quite a pro.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford should be most upset with himself, not the Eagles. #1 pick in the draft 6 years ago and never sniffed the playoffs. Why is he surprised they are looking to replace him with a rookie who attempted 208 passes at North Dakota State last year?