• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Olympic Hockey Thread

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else feel like they were watching a Kings game?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not seen the game. It looks like USA gave Quick the support he expects

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
68 shots by both teams. On ly one went in. Amazing!!!!

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Canada played a great game, took away all the space from the US. US kept shooting from the point with no screens in front of Price nor did they have any forecheck or real cycle going. Thought going in US would win based on the offense but hats off to the Canadians.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada played a great game, took away all the space from the US. US kept shooting from the point with no screens in front of Price nor did they have any forecheck or real cycle going. Thought going in US would win based on the offense but hats off to the Canadians.

Agreed, USA couldn't get anything going, especially once they scored and they weren't gonna give up any ice.

Quick was stellar, and Price was good, but never really tested.

Question now, does Miller get the start tomorrow? I think so.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Miller goes. Quick can use the rest and it's a long flight home. He needs to be ready for Colorado Wednesday night. Much more important than a Bronze Medal. To me at least.

Ox

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that strategy really worked well...

He did score two more than Kane, though.

Let's not be too hard on Patrick Kane Loco. He did manage to hit the goal post on one of his two penalty shots in that Bronze Medal game.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody............ Go Sweden?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a complete embarrassment. Confident group and they looked timid against Canada and Finland.

Interesting thing I noticed, the US played the Terry Murray 1-2-2 against Canada, which is a very passive, wait-for-your-chance-off-a-mistake forecheck. Horrible idea because all that did was give Canada easy break outs and puck possession - which just happened to be their strength.

Yes there were no shows all over - I'm hoping this is the last week we see Brown in a Kings uniform - but ultimately, to me anyway, Bylsma was outcoached more than guys not showing up.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, if Brown gets traded, you will miss what he brings.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it turns out in the semi-finals it's 1 vs 4 (Sweden vs Finland) and 2 vs 3 (USA vs Canada). Very reminiscent of the 1980 Games where the USA had their toughest opponent (USSR) in the semi-finals and then faced Finland in the Gold Medal game in a somewhat anti-climatic event.

Ox

There were no elimination semi-finals and final in 1980, the tournament was a simple round-robin where the medals went to the 3 teams with the most points at the end. You can confirm this by observing that the Soviets won the silver that year, not the Finns (who did not even medal).

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a complete embarrassment. Confident group and they looked timid against Canada and Finland.

Against Canada they were out skilled. 1 goal was enough, and they went for defense. US didn't come for a Bronze so deflated and childlike they didn't care against Finland.

Stupid of coach to not to play Miller.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, if Brown gets traded, you will miss what he brings.

His whopping 16 points that almost any 9 minute 3rd/4th liner has? Not really. Zack Kassian, who freaking sucks, has the same number of goals as him.

Also depends on what he nets back - being under contract long term, relatively young at 28-29, he is held in some mythical regard especially back East and those are all good selling points. I hope Dumbo leverages that and send him that way, he will get something pretty good in return. The only obstacle is the contract that kicks in July 1 but floor teams and some team who needs a veteran long term may bite.

He is on the decline because of his style of play, which has taken its toll on him; move him before the Kings are handcuffed with that contract just 2-3 years from now. This is an opportunity for Dumbo to correct the mistake he made.

I think he brings some elements in his game that are great, but not consistently. Plus he has been sub par for a quite some time now. When you get benched by a guy who sees you twice a year or whatever because "he needs goals" that's telling, especially when the team was comprised of almost nothing but character guys and not the most skilled guys.

My gut is totally telling me the whole Gagner, Vanek, Moulson, Cammalleri, whoever else is mentioned is all a smokescreen and Brown is the guy that is truly in play.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against Canada they were out skilled. 1 goal was enough, and they went for defense. US didn't come for a Bronze so deflated and childlike they didn't care against Finland.

I don't think they looked outmatched against Canada at all, they let off the throttle they put down the first 4 games. They went from flying all over the ice and being disruptive, aggressive and dictating play to basically being a passive let's-wait-and-see-team.

Stupid of coach to not to play Miller.

Disco Dan was completely outcoached. He didn't make any adjustments in game and got schooled. This guy was loveable as a King and player, but as a coach he stinks. He has an arsenal of weapons in Pittsburgh and Team USA and chokes constantly because he can't outwit opposing coaches.

He's lucky he has the Crosby Show to make him look better than he is, if he is the Flames' coach the guy lasts half a season.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to believe Brown was still hurt or had some lingering issues, but since he went to the Olympics that better not be the case and it is probably time to trade him.

No way Dan is coaching in the NHL if he didn't have Crosby/Malkin ect.