• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Olympic Hockey Thread

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope they bring that back to LA when they are done and they aren't broke down and on IR.

On a side note, anyone watching the US Women's team? There are some good looking ladies representing the US.

I'm sure if I tried to hit on one I would get my ass kicked though.

Not just by them, but by that dame who is raising your ankle biters as well

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope they bring that back to LA when they are done and they aren't broke down and on IR.

On a side note, anyone watching the US Women's team? There are some good looking ladies representing the US.

I'm sure if I tried to hit on one I would get my ass kicked though.
This one was hard to judge for me. First off, the USA/Canada game was actually entertaining, so I will give them props for that off the bat, because there was really good hockey in there. Especially the goaltending.

When watching, I noticed this one chick looked pretty hot when she was sitting in the penalty box, until I realized she had full makeup on while playing. I had a few questions regarding that one right away, but when I googled her (or Startpaged her if you will) she was attractive but nothing to write home about, except that she had a sister, so together they get the one-two punch benefitting them.

Any specific names? Because a general search found some boring results.

Side Note; How funny is this option at the bottom: "Disable smilies in text"

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When watching, I noticed this one chick looked pretty hot when she was sitting in the penalty box, until I realized she had full makeup on while playing. I had a few questions regarding that one right away, but when I googled her (or Startpaged her if you will) she was attractive but nothing to write home about, except that she had a sister, so together they get the one-two punch benefitting them.

This is the one Dan Patrick interviewed (Hilary Knight)
7b4539c739997203d23c9c915376d379.jpeg

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And is rewarded with the lowest ice time on the team.
First natural Olympic hat trick since 1958 and benched for it

Doughty had the 2nd lowest ice time among defensemen after leading the team in their opening game. Babcock probably gave some players a rest once they were up 6-0.

Kopitar scored in his game against Slovakia!

Last edited by a moderator:

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now people head to stores to go buy their TJ Oshie team USA shirt, my goodness.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And is rewarded with the lowest ice time on the team.
First natural Olympic hat trick since 1958 and benched for it

Similar to Doughty in 2010, he came on board as the extra defenseman but by the tournament's end was on the top pairing and getting big minutes. Carter was the extra forward and people wondered why he made it, well, now you know.

If anyone looks out of place on Team Canada, it's Kunitz. He should be benched, he looks a step behind everyone.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to guess how far Quick shoves the paddle of his goalie stick up Voynov's rear end when the Olympic break is over?

==================

"SOCHI, Russia – Russian defenseman Slava Voynov knows Team USA goalie Jonathan Quick well, as they're teammates with the Los Angeles Kings. Too well, maybe, because he knows all of Quick's little tricks -- including those times when he'll dislodge the net intentionally during an opponents' onslaught.

Saturday afternoon in Sochi, during Team USA's 3-2 shootout win against Russia in an Olympic preliminary showdown, may have been one of those times.

“I can tell you myself, because I am his teammate and I play with him. It is in his style to do something like that. Yes,” he said. “The question is why wasn’t it noticed? That’s the question to the referees."

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could also get some grief for the big hit he laid on Brown during the game.

Ox

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone want to guess how far Quick shoves the paddle of his goalie stick up Voynov's rear end when the Olympic break is over?

==================

"SOCHI, Russia – Russian defenseman Slava Voynov knows Team USA goalie Jonathan Quick well, as they're teammates with the Los Angeles Kings. Too well, maybe, because he knows all of Quick's little tricks -- including those times when he'll dislodge the net intentionally during an opponents' onslaught.

Saturday afternoon in Sochi, during Team USA's 3-2 shootout win against Russia in an Olympic preliminary showdown, may have been one of those times.

“I can tell you myself, because I am his teammate and I play with him. It is in his style to do something like that. Yes,” he said. “The question is why wasn’t it noticed? That’s the question to the referees."

Wow, saw this article after the game but at the end of the day, Russia still had a chance to win it multiple times.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

==================

But is he saying Quick did it on purpose or that the style Quick plays,because he uses the post to push off, leads to the net coming off ?
Sounds more like he is upset that the refs missed the net off.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait until the next round. Note to the DVR crowd, be sure to record the next 4 hours also, or it will cut off if it goes to OT. My recording cut-off in OT. NBCSN wasted 30+ min at the start lathering up both teams.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened to me too. And I always record an extra 30 minutes for Kings games. Don't know why I didn't think to do that for this one. Saw all the highlights on the NHL Network though. Made sure I got it set up to record extra time for tomorrow's matchup with Kopitar and the Slovenia team. Good for them too to get the win against Slovakia. Maybe it'll be enough to get them qualified for the next Olympics.

Ox

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doughty scored both goals against Finland to lead Canada to a 2-1 OT victory.

Of Canada's 11 goals in the preliminary round, the two Kings players' (Doughty & Carter) have combined for 7 of them.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

==================

That pisses me off. Shut up and play your game.
The hit on Brown is fine. It was during the course of a game, and the man was wearing an opposing team sweater/
But opening your mouth about Quick is crap of the highest kind.
I say that stick ends up a good foot up Voynov's rear.
By the way, he didn't say anything while winning the cup. And I hope he apologizes for calling Quick out. Now every team in the NHL will be crying foul when they play the Kings. Especially during the playoffs. With the Dux screaming the loudest.