• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 2nd Annual NFL Mock Draft : Chat

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE PICK

7.21.238: Cincinnati:
7.24.241: Arizona:
7.32.249: Atlanta:
7.33.250: Denver: Comp
7.34.251: Denver: Comp
7.35.252: Denver: Comp
7.36.253: New England: Comp
7.37.254: San Francisco: Comp
7.38.255: Indianapolis: Comp
7.39.256: Arizona: Comp

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 Halliday was just picked, please pick again...

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm driving home right now but I will pick for both my 49ers and Colts in about 20-30 minutes.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHILADELPHIA

1.20.20 : SS - Landon Collins - Alabama
2.20.52 : WR - Nelson Agholor - USC
3.20.84 : OLB - Nate Orchard - Utah
4.14.113 : CB - Josh Shaw - USC
5.9.145 : C/OG - Shaq Mason - Georgia Tech
5.20.156 : WR - Titus Davis - Central Michigan
6.20.196 : QB - Cody Fajardo - Nevada
7.20.237 : ILB - Jeff Luc - Cincinnati

I love my draft... Addressed many needs

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since everyone talked about everyone else's draft - what do people think of my two teams?

Chicago:
1 - Danny Shelton DT Washington
2 - Owamagbe Odighizuwa DEUCLA
3 - Brett Hundley QB UCLA
4 - Ben Heeney ILB Kansas
5 - Davis Tull OLB Chattanooga
6 - Ibraheim Campbell SS Northwestern

Seattle:
2 - Sammie Coates WR Auburn
3 - John Miller OG Louisville
4 - Anthony Harris SS Virginia
4 - B.J. Finney C Kansas State
4 - Justin Cox CB Mississippi State
5 - Jordan Hicks OLB Texas
5 - Austin Shepherd OT Alabama
6 - Rakeem Nunez-Roches DT Southern Mississippi
6 - Ben Koyack TE Notre Dame
6 - Corey Grant RB Auburn
7 - Jamarcus Nelson WR UAB

Good job addressing the D for the Bears!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey will pick here in just a bit. Didn't get a message that I was up so didn't know I was needing to go.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since everyone talked about everyone else's draft - what do people think of my two teams?

Chicago:
1 - Danny Shelton DT Washington
2 - Owamagbe Odighizuwa DEUCLA
3 - Brett Hundley QB UCLA
4 - Ben Heeney ILB Kansas
5 - Davis Tull OLB Chattanooga
6 - Ibraheim Campbell SS Northwestern

Seattle:
2 - Sammie Coates WR Auburn
3 - John Miller OG Louisville
4 - Anthony Harris SS Virginia
4 - B.J. Finney C Kansas State
4 - Justin Cox CB Mississippi State
5 - Jordan Hicks OLB Texas
5 - Austin Shepherd OT Alabama
6 - Rakeem Nunez-Roches DT Southern Mississippi
6 - Ben Koyack TE Notre Dame
6 - Corey Grant RB Auburn
7 - Jamarcus Nelson WR UAB

Definitely a bigger fan of the Bears draft than the Seahawks draft. Hundley is probably the only player I don't like for the Bears but this quarterback class is just terrible so don't blame you for trying to find one and honestly he probably has some of the most upside of anybody outside of Mariota and Winston. Heeney I think is an underrated guy because of where he played. The guy is highly athletic and is always around the ball. Shelton and Odighizuwa both fit what Fox loves to do on defense. Both of those guys day 1 improve the run defense and I don't think UCLA used Odi very well in the pass rush at least compared to his skills.

As for the Seahawks there are 2 players that I really like for the value and the rest go from above average to ok for me. I really like Anthony Harris (although not sure how much playing time he actually gets for the Seahawks) and Ben Koyack. I thought both were good value and Koyack will give you some really great 2-TE sets. Coates is a guy I am not all that high on. Although looking at the draft not sure there are any of the WR's left that I would have rated over him. Also when you took Finney Gallick was still on the board and just personal preference but I have him rated higher than Finney. I also have Shaq Mason above him too but again this is more preference than anything. Seattle doesn't really have a ton of holes though so most of these guys fit that developmental thought process where most won't play year one but could turn into some good playmakers down the road.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a bigger fan of the Bears draft than the Seahawks draft. Hundley is probably the only player I don't like for the Bears but this quarterback class is just terrible so don't blame you for trying to find one and honestly he probably has some of the most upside of anybody outside of Mariota and Winston. Heeney I think is an underrated guy because of where he played. The guy is highly athletic and is always around the ball. Shelton and Odighizuwa both fit what Fox loves to do on defense. Both of those guys day 1 improve the run defense and I don't think UCLA used Odi very well in the pass rush at least compared to his skills.

As for the Seahawks there are 2 players that I really like for the value and the rest go from above average to ok for me. I really like Anthony Harris (although not sure how much playing time he actually gets for the Seahawks) and Ben Koyack. I thought both were good value and Koyack will give you some really great 2-TE sets. Coates is a guy I am not all that high on. Although looking at the draft not sure there are any of the WR's left that I would have rated over him. Also when you took Finney Gallick was still on the board and just personal preference but I have him rated higher than Finney. I also have Shaq Mason above him too but again this is more preference than anything. Seattle doesn't really have a ton of holes though so most of these guys fit that developmental thought process where most won't play year one but could turn into some good playmakers down the road.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback.

Chicago needs defense, and though the Chicago board was clamoring for a WR, I couldn't imagine that John Fox would draft a WR high in the draft - especially with pass catchers in Forte, Jeoffrey & Bennett all still on the roster. I took Hundley cause I feel that he could be something special if allowed to develop a little, and though Cutler is there now, the Bears could realistically look to move on from him after this season - and most likely (unless something really changes) no later than next year. I was really happy how the defensive players kept falling to Chicago, though I would have liked to get a corner, but they were a hot commodity early and just never seemed to slow down as the draft went on.

Seattle is a hard one, cause though they have all those picks, there just doesn't seem to be too many spaces for incoming rookies to find a niche. I targeted Oline a little, but mostly went with what I thought was BPA (I am kind've upset at myself for the Coates pick, not that I am saying he wasn't BPA, but with Granu off the board I was kind've irritated to not go with Oline first and I am not sure if he makes the team or not even with Seattle's mediocre receiving corps). I took Koyack mostly cause I felt that he would fill a role as a much needed blocking TE (not sure if McCoy is a realistic option having missed the last 2 seasons with injury), and I was happy to take him. Anthony Harris was selected specifically to take Jeron Johnson's spot on the defense as the #3 safety. Other than Miller, every other pick is for depth and competition, though I specifically targeted Nelson as a KR, as Seattle hasn't done well in that since Washington left (apart for Tate as a PR in 2013).

Thanks again for looking, nice to see what others think of the picks made.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to Siesta Key beach today with family. Everyone have a great day.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATLANTA

1.8.8 : DE - Shane Ray - Missouri
2.10.42 : ILB - Stephone Anthony - Clemson
3.9.73 : RB - Jay Ajayi - Boise St.
4.8.107 : CB - Alex Carter - Stanford
5.10.146 : OG - Al Bond - Memphis
6.9.185 : DT - Derek Lott - Chattanooga
7.8.225: TE - C.J. Uzomah - Auburn
7.32.249: QB - Ryan Williams - MIA

IMO, to pat myself on the back...Dimitroff can't do much better. If I had it to do over I might have gone WR over QB, with Roddy moving up there in age, but I like the bigs in both 5 & 6 rounds.

Ray fits the scheme of the quick edge player, if he can support the edge vs the run, he will be the game one starter. My only reservation was leaving Dupree on the board who some feel could be the best edge rusher when it's all said and done.

Anthony is an upgrade over Warrilow inside already, but the FA ILBs will probably make him a depth guy this season.

Ajayi...glad to see him on the board...perfect fit with Freeman/Smith.

Carter, better athlete than his draft spot imo...can play edge to have 2 bigger CB outside and move Alford in the slot...size, skillset to move to FS/SS.

At the bottom of the draft...with the exception of the QB...the 2 bigs and TE all have a shot to make the team imo.