• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 2nd Annual NFL Mock Draft : Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHILADELPHIA

1.20.20 : SS - Landon Collins - Alabama
2.20.52 : WR - Nelson Agholor - USC
3.20.84 : OLB - Nate Orchard - Utah
4.14.113 : CB - Josh Shaw - USC
5.9.145 : C/OG - Shaq Mason - Georgia Tech
5.20.156 : WR - Titus Davis - Central Michigan
6.20.196 : QB - Cody Fajardo - Nevada
7.20.237 : ILB - Jeff Luc - Cincinnati

I love my draft... Addressed many needs
Nice value across the board

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATLANTA

1.8.8 : DE - Shane Ray - Missouri
2.10.42 : ILB - Stephone Anthony - Clemson
3.9.73 : RB - Jay Ajayi - Boise St.
4.8.107 : CB - Alex Carter - Stanford
5.10.146 : OG - Al Bond - Memphis
6.9.185 : DT - Derek Lott - Chattanooga
7.8.225: TE - C.J. Uzomah - Auburn
7.32.249: QB - Ryan Williams - MIA

IMO, to pat myself on the back...Dimitroff can't do much better. If I had it to do over I might have gone WR over QB, with Roddy moving up there in age, but I like the bigs in both 5 & 6 rounds.

Ray fits the scheme of the quick edge player, if he can support the edge vs the run, he will be the game one starter. My only reservation was leaving Dupree on the board who some feel could be the best edge rusher when it's all said and done.

Anthony is an upgrade over Warrilow inside already, but the FA ILBs will probably make him a depth guy this season.

Ajayi...glad to see him on the board...perfect fit with Freeman/Smith.

Carter, better athlete than his draft spot imo...can play edge to have 2 bigger CB outside and move Alford in the slot...size, skillset to move to FS/SS.

At the bottom of the draft...with the exception of the QB...the 2 bigs and TE all have a shot to make the team imo.
I thought this was one of the stronger drafts. Some people think that's high for Ray, but not me. Ajayi would be a straight steal in the 3rd. Couple of late guys with a shot, particularly Lott

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, since everyone talked about everyone else's draft - what do people think of my two teams?

Chicago:
1 - Danny Shelton DT Washington
2 - Owamagbe Odighizuwa DEUCLA
3 - Brett Hundley QB UCLA
4 - Ben Heeney ILB Kansas
5 - Davis Tull OLB Chattanooga
6 - Ibraheim Campbell SS Northwestern

Seattle:
2 - Sammie Coates WR Auburn
3 - John Miller OG Louisville
4 - Anthony Harris SS Virginia
4 - B.J. Finney C Kansas State
4 - Justin Cox CB Mississippi State
5 - Jordan Hicks OLB Texas
5 - Austin Shepherd OT Alabama
6 - Rakeem Nunez-Roches DT Southern Mississippi
6 - Ben Koyack TE Notre Dame
6 - Corey Grant RB Auburn
7 - Jamarcus Nelson WR UAB
Good job overall. For Seattle, I might have tried to package some of those 4's with a 2nd or 3rd to move up and have two 2nd's, the reason being, it would probably be harder for any 4th round talent on to make Seattle's 53 than any team in the league. On the Bears side, Shelton is a great fit as a 3-4 NT. Do you see Odighizuwa as an OLB? And in the 3rd, I might have looked for more 3-4 fits before taking a QB that I think will never be a starter

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati
Arizona (2)
New England

These are the final picks that need to be made. Being I think each of these GM's won't be coming back whoever wants to draft for them please let me know and post the picks on the pick thread.

Thanks to those who were active

REMEMBER, we will go back to doing our drafts for Hoop Cash, would love to have some of you join us...

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAN FRANCISCO

1.15.15 : WR - Dorial Green-Beckham - Oklahoma
2.14.46 : DT - Michael Bennett - Ohio St.
3.15.79 : CB - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - Oregon
4.27.126 : OG - Robert Myers - Tennessee St.
4.33.132 : ILB - Taiwan Jones - Michigan St.
5.15.151 : WR - Stefon Diggs - Maryland
6.14.190 : RB - Karlos Williams - FSU
7.29.246 : QB - Bryan Bennett - Southeastern Louisiana
7.37.254 : TE - Nick Boyle - Delaware

I feel like I murdered this draft. I hit on all the needs for the 49ers. DGB will take over for Boldin when he retires prolly after this year. Both Torrey and DGB are deep threats. Torrey cuz of his speed and DGB cuz of his height.

Michael Bennett will replace Justin Smith who prolly retires this year. I would be excited if the 49ers had Bennett to go with Tank as the 49ers future starting DEs.

Ifo might not play this season but he will be a future starting CB. After losing Culliver and Cox 49ers will need other CBs to step up.

Myers could start at guard but will prolly be a backup for a year or 2. Alex Boone is only under contract for one more year and the way he was a hold out last year I could see him wanting a big deal and 49ers letting him leave. Myers is a perfect fit in the 49ers running style offensive.

Taiwan is a thumper and can come in and play on running downs. If coached up and learns to play better against the pass he could be a good every down ILB.

Diggs should be a good slot WR and KR for the 49ers. Torrey and DGB taking the tops off on Ds leaves Diggs and Ellington to catch passes over the middle.

49ers already have Hyde, Bush and Hunter but I think Karlos can mix in with those RBs for some carries. Williams also has great speed for how big he is.

Bennett has a very strong arm but he still needs work. 49ers could coach him for a few years and maybe he could give Kaepernick some competition.

Nick Boyle is a big TE 6'4" 268 pounds. I feel he could be a starting TE down the road. Vernon is starting to age so right now Boyle might be a #3 TE but he could be a starter in a year or 2.

Overall I think I did a really good job and I give myself an A lol.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top need for the Niners is cb, IIRC. I don't know about that draft

Falcons draft is basically ideal unless the players get injured.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the 49ers draft is a bit controversial. It could either go down as one of those drafts like with Randy Moss where hindsight everybody is wondering how anybody passed on these players or like when the Raiders drafted Russell and then the Lions GM of the time bragged that he had called up the Raiders and told them not to draft him as he would be bust.

DGB obviously could end up being the best player in this draft if he can ever get his head on straight. The guy just has ridiculous talent. We shall see which side wins out as he could be Josh Gordon or he could be Calvin Johnson.

Bennett is probably my favorite pick you made. I'm really hoping he sneaks to the Broncos in the 2nd in the real draft as the guy has gone under the radar but has special talent.

Ifo depends a bit on injury. He is also undersized for the position but his coverage skills I would put against any of the Corners going in the 1st round. I don't think his injury will be as big of a deal as ACL's are like the sprained ankle of 10 years ago...It just doesn't really hurt a players ability once it heals.

Myers and Jones are decent players. I don't think they will give you anything special but they will do their job.
Diggs I think will be a huge bust. This is a guy with injury and some anger issues from what I have heard. Talent to thrive for sure but maturity and just being able to handle the grind of the NFL are things that I think will derail him from finding success.

Anyway 49ers definitely could be very very happy with this draft in a year or two and because of this draft find themselves once again fighting for the division and possible Super Bowl hopes or they could be falling further towards the dumpster of the division. Hard to tell. I can't say much though as I took guys that were 1-year wonders and guys that missed seasons because of injuries so sometimes you just have to take a shot on the risk as the reward could be huge.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top need for the Niners is cb, IIRC. I don't know about that draft

Falcons draft is basically ideal unless the players get injured.

I would say WR, DE, CB and ILB are all pretty even on the needs for the 49ers. Trent Baalke 49ers GM has even come out and said he feels 49ers have good depth at CB but me personally I would want to draft at least 1 good CB.

Tramaine Brock was the #1 CB on the 49ers depth chart last year but was bothered by turf toe all season and he only played in 3 games. I'm looking for him to bounce back this year.

Dontae Johnson played as the 49ers #3 CB for most of the season due to Brock's injury. He started in 3 games and had a good season for a rookie. He had one bad game week 17 vs the Cards where he allowed 2 TDs. But even with that bad game he ended up ranking 51st amount all CBs according to Pro Football Focus. With Cox and Culliver gone Dontae has a chance this year to step up and be the #2 CB.

Jimmie Ward 49ers #1 pick last year is listed as a safety but he is the 49ers nickel back. He struggled last year and looked really bad week 2 vs the Bears when Brandon Marshall scored 3 TDs on him. He ended up refracturing his foot during the season and 49ers place him on IR. Some 49ers fans are ready to call him a bust but he was only a rookie and I'm still giving him more time.

Shareece Wright was the Chargers #2 CB but he has had an up and down NFL career. 49ers have been pretty good at bringing in struggling CBs and turning them around. They did it with Carlos Rogers who had 2 good seasons with the 49ers and they did it with Perrish Cox. Wright will come in and challenge Dontae for the #2 CB spot.

Chris Cook was resigned by the 49ers but he is nothing more than the 49ers #5 or #6 CB.

Keith Reaser was the 49ers 5th round pick in last years draft. He tore his ACL in college and 49ers had plans on stashing him on the roster for this year. I think he has a chance to be a future starter but that's prolly 2-3 years down the road. "This is a value pick. The 49ers have so many picks, so they are picking for next year. They will put Reaser on the PUP list, but this is a 4.3 (40) corner and those are rare." -- Mike Mayock

Kenneth Acker looked good in preseason before fracturing his left foot. 49ers placed him on IR but I think he would of made the 53 man roster last year if he didnt get hurt.

The 49ers carried 6 CBs to start the season last year. I just named 7 players I think will prolly make the 53 man roster.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was one of the stronger drafts. Some people think that's high for Ray, but not me. Ajayi would be a straight steal in the 3rd. Couple of late guys with a shot, particularly Lott

Thanks...if Soliai, Babs, and Jackson play up to par...Ray/Gregory are both good fits. Is he a top 10 talent? Maybe not, but in terms of the edge rushers, he might be the most polished player today, but not the highest ceiling.

There's a lot of public heat on Dimitroff which is why he will no longer be making the picks...Pioli is the guy now.

IMO, I think the Falcon's choices will be Ray, Gregory, or Dupree...lot of people think 8 is high for Dupree it is based on college production, but he might be the best athlete of the group with the highest ceiling.

Lott could be a sleeper...probably a 3rd pick if he stays @ UGA.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had some great drafts. To bad our real teams will screw it up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the 49ers draft is a bit controversial. It could either go down as one of those drafts like with Randy Moss where hindsight everybody is wondering how anybody passed on these players or like when the Raiders drafted Russell and then the Lions GM of the time bragged that he had called up the Raiders and told them not to draft him as he would be bust.

DGB obviously could end up being the best player in this draft if he can ever get his head on straight. The guy just has ridiculous talent. We shall see which side wins out as he could be Josh Gordon or he could be Calvin Johnson.

Bennett is probably my favorite pick you made. I'm really hoping he sneaks to the Broncos in the 2nd in the real draft as the guy has gone under the radar but has special talent.

Ifo depends a bit on injury. He is also undersized for the position but his coverage skills I would put against any of the Corners going in the 1st round. I don't think his injury will be as big of a deal as ACL's are like the sprained ankle of 10 years ago...It just doesn't really hurt a players ability once it heals.

Myers and Jones are decent players. I don't think they will give you anything special but they will do their job.
Diggs I think will be a huge bust. This is a guy with injury and some anger issues from what I have heard. Talent to thrive for sure but maturity and just being able to handle the grind of the NFL are things that I think will derail him from finding success.

Anyway 49ers definitely could be very very happy with this draft in a year or two and because of this draft find themselves once again fighting for the division and possible Super Bowl hopes or they could be falling further towards the dumpster of the division. Hard to tell. I can't say much though as I took guys that were 1-year wonders and guys that missed seasons because of injuries so sometimes you just have to take a shot on the risk as the reward could be huge.
Yeah, its probably the biggest boom/bust draft. Ifo being undersized and injury prone is a double whammy. I could easily see him dropping to rd4 or rd5 in the real draft even though he is probably a rd2 talent.

DGB being raw and having off the field concerns is also a double whammy. I do think DGB sneaks into the first round, though. I think his range is 15-50 depending on his interviews but I think id actually be a little shocked if he was one of the first 5 WRs off the board. Cooper, White, Parker and for some reason Perriman are pretty much locks to go before him. If I were to guess he'd be grouped in with Strong, Dorsett, Devin Smith and for some reason Agholor. Long story short - this is a really good draft to be picking WR in rd2

So there is a really good chance the Niners draft will have terrible value based on where they'll actually go in real life. But there is also a small chance that based on pure talent that he picked the best guys available and he'll have the best draft. Likely he'll either have one of the best or one of the worst drafts.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks again fellas for being so involved... It's about time to get back to our mock drafts for hoop cash, hope to see some of you join in...:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAN FRANCISCO

I feel like I murdered this draft.

Love the potential of your top 2...3 actually. If Kaep and click with DGB...it could be a great draft.

IEO I like...Grimes returned from an Achilles...considered to be be worse for CBs...that said...he's probably not going to be ready for week one...good gamble...I think he'll be a '16 starter.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had some great drafts. To bad our real teams will screw it up.
You got that right... when I get a second I'd like to go over this too much hockey right now haha!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a great 420 everyone

:doobs:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAN FRANCISCO

I feel like I murdered this draft. I hit on all the needs for the 49ers. DGB will take over for Boldin when he retires prolly after this year. Both Torrey and DGB are deep threats. Torrey cuz of his speed and DGB cuz of his height.

Michael Bennett will replace Justin Smith who prolly retires this year. I would be excited if the 49ers had Bennett to go with Tank as the 49ers future starting DEs.

Ifo might not play this season but he will be a future starting CB. After losing Culliver and Cox 49ers will need other CBs to step up.

Myers could start at guard but will prolly be a backup for a year or 2. Alex Boone is only under contract for one more year and the way he was a hold out last year I could see him wanting a big deal and 49ers letting him leave. Myers is a perfect fit in the 49ers running style offensive.

Taiwan is a thumper and can come in and play on running downs. If coached up and learns to play better against the pass he could be a good every down ILB.

Diggs should be a good slot WR and KR for the 49ers. Torrey and DGB taking the tops off on Ds leaves Diggs and Ellington to catch passes over the middle.

49ers already have Hyde, Bush and Hunter but I think Karlos can mix in with those RBs for some carries. Williams also has great speed for how big he is.

Bennett has a very strong arm but he still needs work. 49ers could coach him for a few years and maybe he could give Kaepernick some competition.

Nick Boyle is a big TE 6'4" 268 pounds. I feel he could be a starting TE down the road. Vernon is starting to age so right now Boyle might be a #3 TE but he could be a starter in a year or 2.

Overall I think I did a really good job and I give myself an A lol.
I believe DGB will bust. Just my opinion. Bennett is a talent, but FAR better suited to play 3T than 5T in a 3 man front. Olomu, I would redshirt him if need be, and then it would be like adding a 1st rounder next year. Jones and Williams were nice values IMO. Pretty good job

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so who wins the draft and the vcash.....there should be a 32 team bracket, where we could down to the winner like an NIT bracket, the seeds dont matter, because if you win, you win, period

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its probably the biggest boom/bust draft. Ifo being undersized and injury prone is a double whammy. I could easily see him dropping to rd4 or rd5 in the real draft even though he is probably a rd2 talent.

DGB being raw and having off the field concerns is also a double whammy. I do think DGB sneaks into the first round, though. I think his range is 15-50 depending on his interviews but I think id actually be a little shocked if he was one of the first 5 WRs off the board. Cooper, White, Parker and for some reason Perriman are pretty much locks to go before him. If I were to guess he'd be grouped in with Strong, Dorsett, Devin Smith and for some reason Agholor. Long story short - this is a really good draft to be picking WR in rd2

So there is a really good chance the Niners draft will have terrible value based on where they'll actually go in real life. But there is also a small chance that based on pure talent that he picked the best guys available and he'll have the best draft. Likely he'll either have one of the best or one of the worst drafts.

IEO...no combine and no pro day, pushes him probably into the 3rd rd. If you don't have to rush him out there...he can be your '16 slot CB.