• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Mock Draft 2024

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I‘ll laugh my ass off if McCarthy goes ahead of Maye though, that will be comical, and would be a huge break for the Vikings or any team drafting after #3, Maye is clearly better than McCarthy IMO. I just don’t get the McCarthy love, I would rather have Penix or Nix. But for some reasons teams seem high on McCarthy.

I’m interested to see if the Cards trade the #4 pick or select Harrison - they desperately need a #1 receiver but they have other holes on their roster that need addressing so they could trade back for more picks.

I am certain Alt will go to the Titans and I’m pretty sure my Falcons will get Turner.

I’m sure the Chargers and Giants will go with receivers.

I’m very curious as to what the Bears do with their #9 pick - could go with edge rusher, O-Line or receiver.

I’ll post a full first round mock draft when it gets closer to draft day

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't. I said the Broncos have the #25 pick because they traded picks with Green Bay. :L

I predicted they would use that pick to take Nix. That's all I said, I'm not sure why you are doubling down on this.

I am doubling down on this... now tripling down... i guess... because you are saying you didnt say it... But you clearly are saying it... if a team makes a trade it is because they dont like their choices at the time, and they like what is being given more... If a team likes a player, and has the opportunity to draft him they will not trade down... that is common sense...

So what you are saying by saying that the Broncos swap picks with the packers is that the broncos did not like their options at that spot...

by going down 13 picks, and drafting a QB, says that they didnt like that QB at 12... that is very simple logic...

I said this was my NONO... i dont care whether others dont consider it bad drafting... all i said is that it was my NONO... not sure how you can say that they dont draft down in your scenario, when they obviously do....

Nothing wrong with trading down... I just dont think it is good strategy to ever draft a QB with that trade down in the first round...

Again, i know i have weird QB rules... I dont like seeing QBs drafted in the 2nd or third round.... think it is a waste...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have denver doing my #1 Draft day NO-NO.... i dont hate denver enough to hope for that....

I think it is generally a terrible move to draft DOWN to get a QB.... I mean, what kind of message does it send?? HEY WE DONT THINK YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH, so we hope you fall to us later!!!
100% Right, you never trade down and take a QB.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am doubling down on this... now tripling down... i guess... because you are saying you didnt say it... But you clearly are saying it... if a team makes a trade it is because they dont like their choices at the time, and they like what is being given more... If a team likes a player, and has the opportunity to draft him they will not trade down... that is common sense...

So what you are saying by saying that the Broncos swap picks with the packers is that the broncos did not like their options at that spot...

by going down 13 picks, and drafting a QB, says that they didnt like that QB at 12... that is very simple logic...

I said this was my NONO... i dont care whether others dont consider it bad drafting... all i said is that it was my NONO... not sure how you can say that they dont draft down in your scenario, when they obviously do....

Nothing wrong with trading down... I just dont think it is good strategy to ever draft a QB with that trade down in the first round...

Again, i know i have weird QB rules... I dont like seeing QBs drafted in the 2nd or third round.... think it is a waste...

I never said the Broncos were trading back in hopes they get Nix. I never even implied it.

If the Broncos traded back with GB, they would likely get GB's 2025 first round pick in return, and maybe another pick or two later in this draft, along with the #25 pick in this draft.

At #25, I predicted that Bo Nix would still be available, and they would use the #25 pick (One of the picks GB traded to move up) to get Bo Nix.

Bo Nix is not a #12 pick in my opinion. I could see him being worth a late first round pick though.

I'm hoping that clears it up for you. Again, I never said that the Broncos are trading the #12 pick simply to take Bo Nix later. If that trade happened, they would be making that trade to gain more draft capital. I don't know what they would use that draft capital on, but I predicted that they would use it on Bo Nix, if he were available (which I think he would be).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said the Broncos were trading back in hopes they get Nix. I never even implied it.

If the Broncos traded back with GB, they would likely get GB's 2025 first round pick in return, and maybe another pick or two later in this draft, along with the #25 pick in this draft.

At #25, I predicted that Bo Nix would still be available, and they would use the #25 pick (One of the picks GB traded to move up) to get Bo Nix.

Bo Nix is not a #12 pick in my opinion. I could see him being worth a late first round pick though.

I'm hoping that clears it up for you. Again, I never said that the Broncos are trading the #12 pick simply to take Bo Nix later. If that trade happened, they would be making that trade to gain more draft capital. I don't know what they would use that draft capital on, but I predicted that they would use it on Bo Nix, if he were available (which I think he would be).

the intent to get Nix doesnt matter at 25... the point is still that they didnt like him at 12....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't seem to hurt Baltimore in 2018...although Jackson still hasn't been able to get them to a SB yet.

it can work out... so can anything.... and again... i only said that I as in MILKSPILLER22 doesnt like it... some may agree... many wont...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the intent to get Nix doesnt matter at 25... the point is still that they didnt like him at 12....

Why does that matter? None of the teams liked him at #1-24, why would he care if they took him at #25?

I don't understand your point. I'll make a prediction, if he gets drafted at #25, he'll be ecstatic...especially if he gets to play for Payton and the Broncos. That would be a great place for him, IMO and he would likely start on opening day of the season. I'm not sure why that would upset him.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does that matter? None of the teams liked him at #1-24, why would he care if they took him at #25?

I don't understand your point. I'll make a prediction, if he gets drafted at #25, he'll be ecstatic...especially if he gets to play for Payton and the Broncos. That would be a great place for him, IMO and he would likely start on opening day of the season. I'm not sure why that would upset him.

Nobody said it would upset him... but QB is a confidence position... there is a difference between Any team getting him, and a team that passes on him to get him...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said it would upset him... but QB is a confidence position... there is a difference between Any team getting him, and a team that passes on him to get him...

Are you just making this up?

His confidence would be negatively affected if he were drafted by a team with their first pick because they could have picked him earlier but chose to trade that pick?

I’m sorry, but I now agree you’re a ninacompoop.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't seem to hurt Baltimore in 2018...although Jackson still hasn't been able to get them to a SB yet.
To be clear, I would never diminish anyones' mock draft. Usually just for fun and even the experts get most of the picks wrong.

I am with Milk though. I think it makes no sense to trade down for your QB in the 1st. Other rounds it really doesn't matter. I guess in special circumstances if all their other top QB's are off the board and they don't have needs at other positions then it is fine. Denver has a lot of needs imo

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually traded up for Lamar. Traded down for Hurst
They still traded back in that draft and actually took Lamar with their 2nd pick. Mike says that would affect his confidence with the Ravens.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, I would never diminish anyones' mock draft. Usually just for fun and even the experts get most of the picks wrong.

I am with Milk though. I think it makes no sense to trade down for your QB in the 1st. Other rounds it really doesn't matter. I guess in special circumstances if all their other top QB's are off the board and they don't have needs at other positions then it is fine. Denver has a lot of needs imo
Huh? Every team has a board of ranked players. At #12, Nix isn’t probably in their top 3 players on that board.

At number 25, he likely is in their top 3 players. Similar to how Lamar Jackson wasn’t in Baltimore’s top 3 players at #16 pick, but was their #1 player at #31.

Why wouldn’t they take Nix there if he is their #1 player at that point in the draft?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still traded back in that draft and actually took Lamar with their 2nd pick. Mike says that would affect his confidence with the Ravens.
He was their 2nd pick in the 1st. They took Hurst before him which is kind of slight on Lamar and tells us he was dropping on the big board. Either way, I am just referring to trading down. Shouldn't bother a player unless they are fragile. Lamar seems fine.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didnt say that a player cant overcome it... some players are tougher than others... but why play games with your QB?? you know, the position that teams have so much trouble finding their future... and have so much trouble succeeding without it...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Every team has a board of ranked players. At #12, Nix isn’t probably in their top 3 players on that board.

At number 25, he likely is in their top 3 players. Similar to how Lamar Jackson wasn’t in Baltimore’s top 3 players at #16 pick, but was their #1 player at #31.

Why wouldn’t they take Nix there if he is their #1 player at that point in the draft?
We don't know who is on their board or where they are ranked so I am not sure why you say "probably".

Well a better question: why would they trade down if their #1 target (non-QB) is still on the board with many needs? That is the entire point. You trade down to take "your QB" when you have many needs. I just don't think it makes a whole lot of sense imo

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was their 2nd pick in the 1st. They took Hurst before him which is kind of slight on Lamar and tells us he was dropping on the big board. Either way, I am just referring to trading down. Shouldn't bother a player unless they are fragile. Lamar seems fine.
Mike says differently about it. I disagree with him.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know who is on their board or where they are ranked so I am not sure why you say "probably".

Well a better question: why would they trade down if their #1 target (non-QB) is still on the board with many needs? That is the entire point. You trade down to take "your QB" when you have many needs. I just don't think it makes a whole lot of sense imo
Well, maybe because trading down from #25 to #12 would get them a nice return of extra draft picks? Extra picks can help them better address those many needs.

Seeing that not one draft analyst has Denver take Nix at #12 seems to tell us a bit about his position on their draft board. I haven’t seen him drafted in the 1st round, except by Denver after they trade back.