• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Thread

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions:

DGB - CUT.

AGHOLOR - TRADE FOR 2018 LATE ROUND PICK.

TREGGS - CUT.

MATTHEWS - S/B OK, IF HE SIGNS A REASONABLE CONTRACT, OR TRADE.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety Nate Gerry ... I almost put him in my final mock. He's a head hunter, Philly will love him if he makes the team as a reserve. Another kid who can play special teams.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love what they've done today. Solid depth at the skill positions and a 3rd safety which we really needed.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow. I guess the Eagles are drafting for Special Teams. This draft smells of Howie trying to out think the rest of the NFL. Overall I'm not impressed. They didn't help Wentz at all. WTF!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerry is being converted to WIL apparently. Makes sense.

DT Elijah Qualls, our last pick, seems like good value. I heard an interview with him on the radio recently and he also seems like a very smart young guy.

All in all, decent draft, very good start, mediocre in the 4th, good at the end IMO.

The big miss was not getting a early down RB. We will need to sign a veteran.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are rebuilding folks. Wentz will be here until 2030. Next year we need OT,RB, LBs. Hopefully Vaiti steps up and we can just focus on an elite RB.

Patience...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow. I guess the Eagles are drafting for Special Teams. This draft smells of Howie trying to out think the rest of the NFL. Overall I'm not impressed. They didn't help Wentz at all. WTF!
Two young deep threats and a toy rb. Of course that helps Wentz.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's clear the Eagles would've liked if one of the top 3 WRs and/or McCaffrey were available at #14, but that's not how the board fell. Sidney Jones was a great 2nd round pick, and picking that late in the 3rd, Rasul made sense with what was available. We only have limited amount of resources, and you can't fill every need in one year. Can't expect great starters after the 3rd round either -- I think they did a good job grabbing good role players, and a guy like Mack with a lot upside. Next year we'll have to get our talented workhorse, and maybe a WR depending on what happens with Alshon and Matthews.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are rebuilding folks. Wentz will be here until 2030. Next year we need OT,RB, LBs. Hopefully Vaiti steps up and we can just focus on an elite RB.

Patience...

and WR. I would rather use fA/Trade to get a LT. If they do move Lane to LT (which I'm still not sold on), then I can see us drafting a RT in the 1st in 2018. The problem to me is, we won't be getting a true physical WR that has the potential to develop into a dez type of WR because we won't be drafting high enough for awhile now. This was our shot, and we missed it. And it's clear the rest of the NFL is starting to target these WR's higher as well now.

We did help Wentz by getting Alshon and Torry, but I honestly don't think that is enough. But it will be something. The OL should be better, if we don't get hit by the injury bug too bad. Wentz has room to improve this year. But we didn't do all we could to truly put him in a great situation to take off. What we did do, was greatly improve the defense tho.

I predict, the Wentz hate by a select few will begin just past mid season this year, unfortunately.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and WR. I would rather use fA/Trade to get a LT. If they do move Lane to LT (which I'm still not sold on), then I can see us drafting a RT in the 1st in 2018. The problem to me is, we won't be getting a true physical WR that has the potential to develop into a dez type of WR because we won't be drafting high enough for awhile now. This was our shot, and we missed it. And it's clear the rest of the NFL is starting to target these WR's higher as well now.

We did help Wentz by getting Alshon and Torry, but I honestly don't think that is enough. But it will be something. The OL should be better, if we don't get hit by the injury bug too bad. Wentz has room to improve this year. But we didn't do all we could to truly put him in a great situation to take off. What we did do, was greatly improve the defense tho.

I predict, the Wentz hate by a select few will begin just past mid season this year, unfortunately.

I think all they're really missing is a RB at this point. Peters/Barbre/Kelce/Brooks/Johnson with the potential for Barbre/Kelce to get replaced by some of the depth that was brought in. The line should be ok. Alshon, Jordan, and Torrey are huge upgrades from last season.

Maybe Karlos Williams has gotten down below 260 pounds and could be brought in. That guy has some serious talent.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Karlos Williams has gotten down below 260 pounds and could be brought in. That guy has some serious talent.

Doesnt Karlos have 8 more games to serve on his suspension?

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right. I didn't realize he was even suspended.
I just looked at some articles cause it didnt sound quite right so the last article said hes served most of it

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's clear the Eagles would've liked if one of the top 3 WRs and/or McCaffrey were available at #14, but that's not how the board fell. Sidney Jones was a great 2nd round pick, and picking that late in the 3rd, Rasul made sense with what was available. We only have limited amount of resources, and you can't fill every need in one year. Can't expect great starters after the 3rd round either -- I think they did a good job grabbing good role players, and a guy like Mack with a lot upside. Next year we'll have to get our talented workhorse, and maybe a WR depending on what happens with Alshon and Matthews.

SAQUON BARKLEY!!!!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Shelton Gibson is a fantastic snag at this point ... I thought he would go as early as round 3. Two damn good vertical threats for Wentz to work with in Gobson and Hollins.

This offense got totally reloaded this off season. No more BS like last year when there was no one worth throwing to.

+ Jeffery
+ Smith
+ Hollins
+ Gilbson
+ Pumphrey

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word was they would have taken Cook instead of Jones if the Vikes hadnt taken him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sell Corey Clement short, as an add-on to Smallwood, and they will add another RB to the mix. Don't forget Pumphrey, a burner.Clement is pretty good. Also, i think that we did a good job adding w WR's to the mix, along with Smith, Jeffrey, and Matthews. I think our WR corps is real good.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patience...

I expect to battle anyone this year. We beat the NFC Champs last year. We had barely anything on offense. Our defense was just moving into a 4-3. Now we have a real DE opposite Graham. Barnett will be better from day 1 than Barwin was last year playing out of position. Rasul Douglas is probably the starter opposite Mills mid year and Sidney Jones will be great depth at the end of the year. These guys have serious length. And an upgraded pass rush will help them. Then we get to the offense where we added a legit #1 and a whole bunch of deep threats for Wentz to huck it to. Pumphrey gets to work under Sproles for the year and right away he can produce an occasional big play for us. We upgraded the special teams as well.