• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft - Cornhusker edition

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm far from a Kool-Aid drinker.

Just find it odd that someone would be belittling the Titans for selecting a Nebraska player.

Can we at least root for these kids on one of the most important weekends in their entire lives?

I am belittling the Titans because they are my favorite NFL team and I don't understand the pick.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. Jed is a Troll because he thinks Bo is a hack that can do know more than tell paid off talent where to play? Since Bo joined the Huskers he has ZERO big game wins with his recruits. The man is a Hack. Quit sucking the Pelinin cock and come to reality. Whenever anybody questions Bo's Bullshit act like a little girl cuz I didnt get my way the blue hairs defend this douche like his name is Osborne. Guess what... It's not. This tool bag is yet to win anything. And as far as his recruiting class goes he is yet to send anybody 1st ound. Hell in his class the best player available was 190 overall and Husker fans kissed his ass. Bo is a Joke andneeds to take his ass back to Ohio.

I love the fire and the passion of this post but for the new guys, I am not clamoring for Bo to be fired.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but funny to see the new guys reactions to him.....nobody else on the Husker SportsHoopla generates as much love/hate dichotomy as Jed......He's special, and one of a kind for sure! :D

:yo:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, forgot to come back in here over the weekend.

I've said it many times when I was over at CBS. Right now Bo just doesn't know how to develop players. You just don't see the improvement year to year. Why did so many guys just look like the same person from Sophmore to Senior year? Compton, Fisher, Whaley, and so on? Shouldn't they have gotten bigger, faster, better? Bo has had better luck getting Juco players drafted (David, Stafford, Gomes) then he has guys that have been in his program for 4 years (Burkhead, Dennard). That to me says something. Maybe Bo should stop trying to build a team from HS players and just take nothing but Jucos, they are more developed so Bo doesn't have to do it.

Now, I know nothing about college football development, but it seems to me if you are getting on the field as a sophmore, by the time you are a senior you should be somewhat of a beast or at least close to it. Is it our strength and conditioning program or is it just scheme? A combination of both?

Anyway, kinda sad this year. Hopefully next year is a little better.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing the people on here, be prepared for all the blame to be on S&C. It could never possibly be Bo's fault. Or even if it is, it is always less than 50% his fault.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is off to a slow start yes, but look at the last 2 years and tell me his recruiting hasn't inproved

I haven't seen any of them play yet and we're regressing in many area's, so no it hasn't improved as far as I can tell

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but funny to see the new guys reactions to him.....nobody else on the Husker SportsHoopla generates as much love/hate dichotomy as Jed......He's special, and one of a kind for sure! :D

Special Jed?

LMAO :L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing the people on here, be prepared for all the blame to be on S&C. It could never possibly be Bo's fault. Or even if it is, it is always less than 50% his fault.

As the HC it ultimately falls in Bo's lap whether it be loyalty to his coaches or just plain ego that he can in fact get a square peg into a round hole. Bo's best defenses had a common denominator. Top flight blue chip DT's in Dorsey at LSU and Suh here at NU. Both naturally strong individuals.

Regarding S&C, I have many concerns with Dobson.

For starters he arrived in 1998 (like Bo) having never led a S&C program. He'd always previously been an assistant.

Nebraska gets shoved around up front on both sides of the ball and it appears players in the trenches aren't developing physically.

NU's O' lines sucked ass in 08, 09, 10. NU's offensive production has improved in the last 2 years, but so has the skill position quality to keep defenses on their toes.
Taylor still has to run like a raped ape on pass plays and there are times NU struggles on short yardage run plays against shit teams. NU had an O'lineman who was a complete embarrassment trying to do bench presses at the pro combine a couple years ago. NU doesn't put O'linemen on Outland, Remington, or Lombardi watchlists.

The D'line has sucked ass since the phenom Suh left. He wasn't "developed", he had amazing natural strength.

Now it could be coincedence that the NU big uglies suck up front on both sides of the ball. There are other factors than Dobson.

The O' and D' line coaches could both suck.
Lack of player natural takent.
Lack of player motivation in the weight room or not eating properly at the nutrition table. In Dobson's defense, he isn't their mom or dad. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

Watching NU's LB's and DB's running around between plays, with their hands in the air, looking to the sidelines for help is disgusting. Hearing Bo's answer "I wish I knew" to the "what happened" question after each blowout loss is disgusting. Teams getting shoved around are more apt to rack up penalties in either frustration, or in trying to get an edge.

Either way it all falls on Bo as the CEO of the program and it's his responsibility to evaluate what is and isn't working. Loyalty or ego.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or should I say..... Special JEd teacher?

OK, I'll stahp..... :frown:

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steinkuhler gets tryout with Houston

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameron Meredith gets tryout with Raiders

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, forgot to come back in here over the weekend.

I've said it many times when I was over at CBS. Right now Bo just doesn't know how to develop players. You just don't see the improvement year to year. Why did so many guys just look like the same person from Sophmore to Senior year? Compton, Fisher, Whaley, and so on? Shouldn't they have gotten bigger, faster, better? Bo has had better luck getting Juco players drafted (David, Stafford, Gomes) then he has guys that have been in his program for 4 years (Burkhead, Dennard). That to me says something. Maybe Bo should stop trying to build a team from HS players and just take nothing but Jucos, they are more developed so Bo doesn't have to do it.

Now, I know nothing about college football development, but it seems to me if you are getting on the field as a sophmore, by the time you are a senior you should be somewhat of a beast or at least close to it. Is it our strength and conditioning program or is it just scheme? A combination of both?

Anyway, kinda sad this year. Hopefully next year is a little better.

What I don't understand is if Bo knows his defense isn't easy to grasp why does he get avg talent and not the elite that he needs or why doesn't he go the juco route more. Bo defense works if he has top talent but it requires everyone to be on the same page and it takes 2 years to fully understand it. Instead of making excuses for recruiting why doesn't he turn up recruting to the max. As for player development part of it is scheme is too much for them or they simply don't have the horses to do what Bo and co ask defense wise. Recruit!!!! Or adjust to the talent you have

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't understand is if Bo knows his defense isn't easy to grasp why does he get avg talent and not the elite that he needs or why doesn't he go the juco route more. Bo defense works if he has top talent but it requires everyone to be on the same page and it takes 2 years to fully understand it. Instead of making excuses for recruiting why doesn't he turn up recruting to the max. As for player development part of it is scheme is too much for them or they simply don't have the horses to do what Bo and co ask defense wise. Recruit!!!! Or adjust to the talent you have

My guess and it is just that--a guess-- is Bo still thinks he has or gets the same talent that he had at LSU. And that ain't gonna happen. What Bo has lacked is the ability to take the talent we have and let's face it our defensive talent hasn't been lacking, but Bo wants to take the talent we have to fit his "schemes" rather than adjusting his schemes to fit our talent.

This is something that took McBride a long time to figure out during the Osborne years. IMO Bo's type of defense is better suited to the pros. And unfortunately, I think he's too stubborn to make the adjustments like McBride did.