• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my honest appraisal of RG3 and questions on what to do

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting on Shark's proposal to find a better option once he gets of his high horse of idiocy

OK you want a name, Im not into that game. My point is, we SHOULD have an option of which most of you think there is none. The concept that there cant possibly be a better known option should not preclude us from exploring other options. That whole all your eggs in one basket thing ring a bell?? And truth is, even if I gave a name the likely answer would be along the lines of " You cant seriously think (player X) has earned the right, or has a higher ceiling, or potential for greatness than RG3. So why even ask unless its simply to foster the belief that we have no other option and should not even consider any other course than RG3 or bust.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting on Shark's proposal to find a better option once he gets of his high horse of idiocy

You know DGF, you're really not one to talk. I still haven't seen yours. Except, of course, stick with the idol worship forever, I guess. I asked you multiple times what your plan was if he doesn't improve. Never got a response. Maybe you just missed it because you were so worried about quickly criticizing the suggestions of others.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know DGF, you're really not one to talk. I still haven't seen yours. Except, of course, stick with the idol worship forever, I guess. I asked you multiple times what your plan was if he doesn't improve. Never got a response. Maybe you just missed it because you were so worried about quickly criticizing the suggestions of others.

Thats what kills me. Im called an idiot because I have not bought into what i thought was a bad idea and think we should be actively seeking a plan B just in case. But no one thinks its sheer lunacy to to ride on the RG3 will be great and there should be no other option train.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have said about a dozen times now in one form or another "what's the hurry?. We don't need to make a decision after this year, let's play this thing out for the length of his contract and see where we are. There is no reason to bail on the guy at the end of the year. Bringing in lesser talent to compete with or to replace a guy you have so much invested in is a panic move, a move of impatience that we have all criticized the team's management of doing in the past".

I'm sorry it wasn't clear enough for you but I honestly don't know how I could have been any clearer. I never said stick with the guy forever, I said until his contract is up. Said it about 10 times. Clear enough now?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK you want a name, Im not into that game. My point is, we SHOULD have an option of which most of you think there is none. The concept that there cant possibly be a better known option should not preclude us from exploring other options. That whole all your eggs in one basket thing ring a bell?? And truth is, even if I gave a name the likely answer would be along the lines of " You cant seriously think (player X) has earned the right, or has a higher ceiling, or potential for greatness than RG3. So why even ask unless its simply to foster the belief that we have no other option and should not even consider any other course than RG3 or bust.

I think that is exactly where we are: RGIII or bust. I know that kills you but it's the truth. If Griff does not work out we are screwed and starting over. And by starting over I guess that means rolling the dice in the draft and as we all know that's a long shot

Which has kinda been my point all along

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said about a dozen times now in one form or another "what's the hurry?. We don't need to make a decision after this year, let's play this thing out for the length of his contract and see where we are. There is no reason to bail on the guy at the end of the year. Bringing in lesser talent to compete with or to replace a guy you have so much invested in is a panic move, a move of impatience that we have all criticized the team's management of doing in the past".

I'm sorry it wasn't clear enough for you but I honestly don't know how I could have been any clearer. I never said stick with the guy forever, I said until his contract is up. Said it about 10 times. Clear enough now?

In other words, you don't have a plan. Even if he doesn't improve and he stays, in your words "not good right now" we ride him until his contract is up? Talk about idiocy........

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, if you would actually take the time to read instead of just react, I never said bail on the guy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is exactly where we are: RGIII or bust. I know that kills you but it's the truth. If Griff does not work out we are screwed and starting over. And by starting over I guess that means rolling the dice in the draft and as we all know that's a long shot

Which has kinda been my point all along

And with this in mind you really think its a bad idea to at least explore a plan B?? What is the fear, that his fragile little ego couldn't stand a bit of actual competition for the job?? After all if he is as good as you think it should be no challenge for him right?? so unless you are worried he might some how be offended and it affect his play, what gives?? I happen to agree that part of the problem is that he has been basically told the job is his by birth right and given the impression that because he is the best athlete at the position that makes him the best QB as well. The biggest mistake Shanahan made (aside from the trade itself) was naming this kid starter before even a mini camp snap. the biggest mistake Gruden has made is riding with that assumption that he can in fact become a complete QB, then backing into the read option heavy stuff to compensate for his continued struggles from the pocket.

If we are going to ride or die with Robert, they need to fully commit to his style of play. But if he does that and some how gets injured again... i wonder who will be the first outside Grudens house with a high powered BBGun.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you something Socal... if you honestly believed something was a bad idea going in, but the powers that be did it any way, are you then going to flip and go.. you know this might have been a good idea after all and start singing the praises of what you considered to be a bad idea?? Basically what you are telling me i should do is, change my opinion of who I think we got simply because we got him??

Are you serious? Absolutely I would embrace the idea if it benefited something that brought me joy - in this case the Redskins. I have stated numerous times on this site that I would love to be wrong 100% of the time if the result was success for the Redskins. I am not a big "I told you so" type of person.

Yes - I believe that you should embrace RG3, Cousins, McCoy or whoever happens to be the starting QB at any given time for the Skins. As a fan how could you view it any other way?

I can understand you standing by your pt. but not to the pt where you appear to take delight in something that is to the detriment of the Redskins. Honest question - what is more important to you - Redskins success or being right?

HTTR

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want Sam Bradford instead of Colt McCoy. Right.

I'm not sure I hear any Redskins fans actually saying we want Bradford, and I've heard at least a few media and ex players say they think Colt is the perfect long term backup for the Skins. I'd be fine with keeping Colt here, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a longer audition, but as long as RGIII is healthy I don't think that will happen.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL But let's not pretend that beating out Ryan Fitzpatrick means you are suddenly a good QB. Still very interesting timing

Those bastards at ESPN are just trying to make me look bad...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I hear any Redskins fans actually saying we want Bradford, and I've heard at least a few media and ex players say they think Colt is the perfect long term backup for the Skins. I'd be fine with keeping Colt here, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a longer audition, but as long as RGIII is healthy I don't think that will happen.

If the rest of the season pretty much matches what we have seen thus far & RG3 is mediocre or worse then I would have no problem playing Colt in one of the last few games of the season.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rest of the season pretty much matches what we have seen thus far & RG3 is mediocre or worse then I would have no problem playing Colt in one of the last few games of the season.

Please, no one, take this as anything more that a tidbit of information. But Redskins QBs have won exactly ONE game that they started, since November 3, last year, 367 days ago. That one win, was Colt vs Dallas. Our whopping other two wins in the last full calendar year, were both relief efforts, one by KC and one by Colt.

Its kinda fucking sad:L

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, no one, take this as anything more that a tidbit of information. But Redskins QBs have won exactly ONE game that they started, since November 3, last year, 367 days ago. That one win, was Colt vs Dallas. Our whopping other two wins in the last full calendar year, were both relief efforts, one by KC and one by Colt.

Its kinda fucking sad:L

BTW - that game on 11/3 was against the Chargers & I watched it at Joxers since that was the last time I was in the LA area. Therefore - I believe that you need to head up to Joxers for a few games to bring them luck. :pound:

This type of stat is very Raider-esque.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who wrote the article, it's still an opinion.

And yes, it was a dumb idea. The result speaks for itself. He had an easy 1st down which is all we needed at that point.

i didnt write the article

but it also has a film breakdown on what he did in the game its there on tape and if you looked at it you would have seen that

and in that thread i said i would show the bad stuff when it became available

sometimes i get the impression you dont want to see the film because it counters your position

i tell you this i post them good or bad

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt write the article

but it also has a film breakdown on what he did in the game its there on tape and if you looked at it you would have seen that

and in that thread i said i would show the bad stuff when it became available

sometimes i get the impression you dont want to see the film because it counters your position

i tell you this i post them good or bad

Dad, it has nothing to do with whats on the film. My position is only an opinion, just like the guy analyzing the film and writing the article. Its not right and its not wrong. Its just an opinion. DGF's position is that he is getting better as evidenced by this article. Well, just because has executed a play correctly on occasion does not, in my mind, mean that he is getting better. He has always occasionally executed plays. Its not like he failed 100% of time. In fact, he probably succeeds more than he fails. But I don't see any consistency to led me to the OPINION that he is improving. He seems to make the same mistakes with the same frequency as he did early last year.

As for my position, I'm curious if you even know what it is. I honestly feel I am one of the most middle of the road posters when it comes to RG3. I am disappointed, but not ready to give up on him. But I'm also of the opinion that if he isn't going to work out, for what ever reason, have a back up plan. Hell, Shanahan did when he drafted KC. This is year 3 for RG3. If after 3 years as an NFL QB, he still can't read defenses or get rid of the ball in a timely fashion, then I have serious concerns that he ever will. So developing a Plan B makes perfect sense to me. That is not to say cut him after this year. But have options as you go into next year and open up the job for competition. As Shark said above, why the concern over bringing in competition? Is he that fragile that he would implode? Why is that such a far fetched concept as DGF makes it out to be? If he rises to the challenge, he should beat out any competition we bring in here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Absolutely I would embrace the idea if it benefited something that brought me joy - in this case the Redskins. I have stated numerous times on this site that I would love to be wrong 100% of the time if the result was success for the Redskins. I am not a big "I told you so" type of person.

Yes - I believe that you should embrace RG3, Cousins, McCoy or whoever happens to be the starting QB at any given time for the Skins. As a fan how could you view it any other way?

I can understand you standing by your pt. but not to the pt where you appear to take delight in something that is to the detriment of the Redskins. Honest question - what is more important to you - Redskins success or being right?

HTTR

Socal... problem is, I havent been 100% wrong. I expected RG3 would be an injury risk and not live up to our expectations. Right now he has brought no joy unless you consider a one and done and back to 6-10 or worse as joyful. Im not a big I told you so type either. But Im also not a guy who is willing to accept a situation and start talking nice about it just because it was forced upon me.

As far as whats more important, the team is more important than me being right. But again that does not mean i should go all happy willy nilly over a player and a move that i felt was a mistake. Thats kinda like telling some one who happens to not be a fan of religion, they need to become a chotolic in order to appreciate and visit Rome.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... problem is, I havent been 100% wrong. I expected RG3 would be an injury risk and not live up to our expectations. Right now he has brought no joy unless you consider a one and done and back to 6-10 or worse as joyful. Im not a big I told you so type either. But Im also not a guy who is willing to accept a situation and start talking nice about it just because it was forced upon me.

As far as whats more important, the team is more important than me being right. But again that does not mean i should go all happy willy nilly over a player and a move that i felt was a mistake. Thats kinda like telling some one who happens to not be a fan of religion, they need to become a chotolic in order to appreciate and visit Rome.

Nobody is saying you are right or wrong - my pt is I don't care. Perhaps I am not reading you correctly. Let me phrase this another way - when RG3 is in the game for the Redskins do you root for him 100% of the time? Simple question.