• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Bucket & Cap Draft : CHAT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of this scoring for pick the winners?

SCORING
5 points for each team that made the playoffs
10 points for prediction each teams exact finish 1 - 6
(EX... you predicted the Steelers to finish 1st in conference and they did)
8 points for each team you predicted that made the playoff but were one position off
(EX... You predicted the Rams 2nd in conference but they finished 3rd)
6 points if you are off by two.
4 points if you are off by three
10 points if you predict the teams exact record
8 points if you are off by one
6 points if you are off by two
4 points if you are off by three

Seems too complicated. No scoring like who gets the closest imo. Then if you have a tiebreaker you go to predicted records. I doubt two people will have the same entry so it works itself out

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems too complicated. No scoring like who gets the closest imo. Then if you have a tiebreaker you go to predicted records. I doubt two people will have the same entry so it works itself out

It wont be about the same entry but literally 10 people could be off by 2 teams, think about it everyone is picking a lot of the same teams

Patriots
Steelers
Jaguars
Vikings
Eagles
Rams
Saints

With so many people picking the same teams it's very likely we have at least a few people who would tie for the lead we have to break it down some to eliminate a bunch of ties.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we will have 10 people tied for first
Then do a tiebreaker. Super bowl match up. How many yards will the passing/rushing/receiving leader throw/run/pass for? Jesus, do I have to think of everything?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then do a tiebreaker. Super bowl match up. How many yards will the passing/rushing/receiving leader throw/run/pass for? Jesus, do I have to think of everything?

What do passing yards have to do with predicting playoff teams? Why not just say tie-breaker is whoever seen the movie D.C. Cab the most?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wont be about the same entry but literally 10 people could be off by 2 teams, think about it everyone is picking a lot of the same teams

Patriots
Steelers
Jaguars
Vikings
Eagles
Rams
Saints

With so many people picking the same teams it's very likely we have at least a few people who would tie for the lead we have to break it down some to eliminate a bunch of ties.

Ok then we do this by priority, maybe something like this (I just dont like the idea of points)

1. Number of teams picked right overall
2. Division winners correct
3. Wild Card teams correct
4. Overall records of each team (add up how games each team is off by record wise and add up)

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then we do this by priority, maybe something like this (I just dont like the idea of points)

1. Number of teams picked right overall
2. Division winners correct
3. Wild Card teams correct
4. Overall records of each team (add up how games each team is off by record wise and add up)

You are obviously not understanding what i'm saying.

With so many people picking the same teams and with just about everyone picking the same records between 13 - 3 and 9 - 7 there could be a bunch of ties. It is extremely unlikely anyone guesses everything correctly but a LOT of people will be off by a couple.

Doing it the way you just suggested will lead to 10 teams having the same score.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were only 5 or 6 people doing this that way would probably work but being we will most likely end up with 30 - 40 people doing it that way won't work.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for changing the way I have it now but I don't see a better way than some sort of point system.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR

We could do some sort of top 8 advance to the playoffs and we predict winners and scores in the playoffs...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR

We could do some sort of top 8 advance to the playoffs and we predict winners and scores in the playoffs...

This is probably optimal. Keep the best scores and let them advance playoffs style.

Edit: Or should be straight up with best records and let the teams tied at the top advance like the playoffs.

So if the 4th and 5th place are stand alone, but there's a 3 way tie at the top. The 4 and 5 spots are locked in and 1-3 predict playoff rounds to decide who wins.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do passing yards have to do with predicting playoff teams? Why not just say tie-breaker is whoever seen the movie D.C. Cab the most?
Then make it something that has to do with the playoffs. How many total TDs in the entire playoffs? Total points in the Super Bowl? Whatever. I'm just trying to think of something that is going to have a wide range of answers, so it will be easier to find who is the closest. And, being a tiebreaker, it will only be used if there is a tie.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then make it something that has to do with the playoffs. How many total TDs in the entire playoffs? Total points in the Super Bowl? Whatever. I'm just trying to think of something that is going to have a wide range of answers, so it will be easier to find who is the closest. And, being a tiebreaker, it will only be used if there is a tie.

I get what you are trying to do but it has to be something pick related, TD's and Yards while that would be great to use it literally has nothing to do with picking division and wild card teams or records. If we are to use a tie-breaker it has to have something to do with records or teams...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, if you pick the top seed should that not be rewarded more than picking the correct 3rd seed? This is why I like my points system.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are trying to do but it has to be something pick related, TD's and Yards while that would be great to use it literally has nothing to do with picking division and wild card teams or records. If we are to use a tie-breaker it has to have something to do with records or teams...
Why? The most common tiebreaker in NCAA tourney pools is total points in the championship game. What does that have to do with picking who wins these games? It is a tie-breaker, which may not come into play if there are no ties.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, if you pick the top seed should that not be rewarded more than picking the correct 3rd seed? This is why I like my points system.
That's not what you proposed at all. You said you get so many points for picking a team in the right spot, then less if you are off by 1, even less if you are off by 2, and so on. Picking the top seed and picking the 4th seed would be worth the same amount of points, unless I read something wrong.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? The most common tiebreaker in NCAA tourney pools is total points in the championship game. What does that have to do with picking who wins these games? It is a tie-breaker, which may not come into play if there are no ties.

That's a tourney so picking a score actually has something to do with what the challenge was about.