• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My MLB Predictions by Division 2024

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s how I’m predicting each division finishes

NL East

1-Braves
2-Phillies
3-Marlins
4-Mets
5-Nats

NL Central

1-Cards
2-Cubs
3-Brewers
4-Reds
5-Pirates

NL West

1-Dodgers
2-D-Backs
3-Padres
4-Giants
5-Rockies

AL East

1-Orioles
2-Yankees
3-Rays
4-Jays
5-Red Sox

AL Central

1-Twins
2-White Sox
3-Royals
4-Guardians
5-Tigers

AL West

1-Astros
2-Rangers
3-Mariners
4-Angels
5-A’s

My World Series Prediction - Braves over Orioles

I’m very excited about my Bravos this season, I think we have the best team in MLB. We are in a tough division though. The AL East looks like the toughest division on paper to start the season. The AL Central is the division I could see anyone emerging from, I really have no idea what the hell to expect out of it, I don’t see any team from it getting to the World Series but it’s wide open for anyone.

3 days until Opening Day - Let’s Fucking Go!!

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the Royals to not be awful.
I think they’ll be better this year - like I say that division could go any number of ways. The Royals are probably my favorite team out of that division, I’ve always liked them, their stadium is beautiful. The AL Central is definitely wide open.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of notes/thoughts:
1. Marlins might finish 3rd, but I see them anywhere between 3rd and last. Their pitching is already down their top 3 starters
2. Cardinals no chance
3. Reds/Cubs will be fighting for 1st
4. White Sox are actively trying to lose, no chance they finish 2nd
5. Tigers could put some things together and easily finish 2nd in that division, but I agree that it's mostly a crapshoot there
6. AL West could be the most exciting division. 3 really strong teams and 2 absolute garbage teams

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of notes/thoughts:
1. Marlins might finish 3rd, but I see them anywhere between 3rd and last. Their pitching is already down their top 3 starters
2. Cardinals no chance
3. Reds/Cubs will be fighting for 1st
4. White Sox are actively trying to lose, no chance they finish 2nd
5. Tigers could put some things together and easily finish 2nd in that division, but I agree that it's mostly a crapshoot there
6. AL West could be the most exciting division. 3 really strong teams and 2 absolute garbage teams
Cardinals are just as likely as Cubs and Reds. Even Brewers have a decent chance. Nobody in the NL Central is running away with it.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are just as likely as Cubs and Reds. Even Brewers have a decent chance. Nobody in the NL Central is running away with it.

As a Cardinals fan, absolutely not. When is the last time a team with a SP average age of 33 won anything? They could have gone out and spent a little on Montgomery or Snell and I would have had at least a little bit of hope. Gray has only reached the 180 inning mark once since 2016. Gibson is maybe a solid 4 and how many other teams would trust Lance Lynn with the ball once every 5 days?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cardinals fan, absolutely not. When is the last time a team with a SP average age of 33 won anything? They could have gone out and spent a little on Montgomery or Snell and I would have had at least a little bit of hope. Gray has only reached the 180 inning mark once since 2016. Gibson is maybe a solid 4 and how many other teams would trust Lance Lynn with the ball once every 5 days?

The 2023 Texas Rangers had five starters 32 or older. deGrom, Scherzer, Heaney, Eovaldi, Perez... and Jon Gray turned 32 a few weeks after they won the WS.

I don't think the Cards are going to be great, but I don't think it'll take much for this rotation to be better than last year's shitshow. I think your offense will be considerably better than last year.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2023 Texas Rangers had five starters 32 or older. deGrom, Scherzer, Heaney, Eovaldi, Perez... and Jon Gray turned 32 a few weeks after they won the WS.

I don't think the Cards are going to be great, but I don't think it'll take much for this rotation to be better than last year's shitshow. I think your offense will be considerably better than last year.

Yeah that's fair, but honestly it's not like the three-headed monster of Gray-Gibson-Lynn/Mikolas is anywhere near deGrom-Scherzer-Eovaldi even though deGrom missed a lot of time

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's fair, but honestly it's not like the three-headed monster of Gray-Gibson-Lynn/Mikolas is anywhere near deGrom-Scherzer-Eovaldi even though deGrom missed a lot of time
Keep in mind the Rangers only got 14 combined starts from deGrom/Scherzer. It's not like they played a major role in that title run. Scherzer pitched in the ALCS (albeit poorly) and threw 3 innings in the WS. He wasn't available prior to the ALCS.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s how I’m predicting each division finishes

NL East

1-Braves
2-Phillies
3-Marlins
4-Mets
5-Nats

NL Central

1-Cards
2-Cubs
3-Brewers
4-Reds
5-Pirates

NL West

1-Dodgers
2-D-Backs
3-Padres
4-Giants
5-Rockies

AL East

1-Orioles
2-Yankees
3-Rays
4-Jays
5-Red Sox

AL Central

1-Twins
2-White Sox
3-Royals
4-Guardians
5-Tigers

AL West

1-Astros
2-Rangers
3-Mariners
4-Angels
5-A’s

My World Series Prediction - Braves over Orioles

I’m very excited about my Bravos this season, I think we have the best team in MLB. We are in a tough division though. The AL East looks like the toughest division on paper to start the season. The AL Central is the division I could see anyone emerging from, I really have no idea what the hell to expect out of it, I don’t see any team from it getting to the World Series but it’s wide open for anyone.

3 days until Opening Day - Let’s Fucking Go!!
Just saw this--- the White Sox prediction is just totally non-sensical- even before the Cease trade since he was always getting traded anyway. White Sox might be worse than the A's---- everything is reasonable on here but the AL Central.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this--- the White Sox prediction is just totally non-sensical- even before the Cease trade since he was always getting traded anyway. White Sox might be worse than the A's---- everything is reasonable on here but the AL Central.

I agree. There was very little talent left coming into the 2024 season and now Jimenez/Robert are hurt, along with Moncada on the 60-day (yeah he's sucked since 2021, but he was one of the only ones showing any signs of life at the plate prior to hitting the IL). Crochet has looked good in his first few starts, but it's just 3 starts the rest of the rotation is Fedde/Flexen/Corpse of Soroka

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. There was very little talent left coming into the 2024 season and now Jimenez/Robert are hurt, along with Moncada on the 60-day (yeah he's sucked since 2021, but he was one of the only ones showing any signs of life at the plate prior to hitting the IL). Crochet has looked good in his first few starts, but it's just 3 starts the rest of the rotation is Fedde/Flexen/Corpse of Soroka
Yeah they need to trade those guys. If you're going to be this bad just go all the way with a total teardown and try to be good in 2027

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could get a monster haul for Roberts.
Exactly. He's under club control through 2027 then an unrestricted FA, are they going to be good by then? I guess maybe they get his contract year in the year they can expect to have rebuilt by (2027) so maybe you keep him, I dunno.