• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most racist state/school in the nation???

You are too funny, lol.

You have absolutely no evidence to back up that claim, and be warned, my fellow Minnesotans rarely back me up in debates, but this is one that they might just do that.
This is baffling to me considering how open-minded you are towards contrary opinions and how you’re not at all an extremist in the things you post.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I do appreciate your dedication and your die-hard fandom for the school you love.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gophers can take full credit for the national titles Bud Wilkinson won at OU because he played at Minnesota. I know that makes no sense. If anyone has questions ask Freddy. He's the one that has said that multiple times.

With that kinda really stupid thinking does that mean Kent St. gets credit for the national titles Saban has won?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most racist state/school in the nation???

You are too funny, lol.

You have absolutely no evidence to back up that claim, and be warned, my fellow Minnesotans rarely back me up in debates, but this is one that they might just do that.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gophers can take full credit for the national titles Bud Wilkinson won at OU because he played at Minnesota. I know that makes no sense. If anyone has questions ask Freddy. He's the one that has said that multiple times.

With that kinda really stupid thinking does that mean Kent St. gets credit for the national titles Saban has won?
I never said anything about "taking FULL credit". Just following the accepted practice of observing coaching trees, a common practice, and all of what Miami of Ohio does when claiming to be the Cradle of Coaches, something you yourself seemed to acknowledge was a legitimate thing. That's all I am doing is the same thing Miami of Ohio people did/do when talking about how they are the Cradle of Coaches. UMn's produced MORE and BETTER coaches than THE "Cradle of Coaches" has. Pretty simple concept.

Also, go to ANY college's Wikipedia page and everyone I've looked at has a separate page just for listing the schools alum and faculty and those alum's accomplishments.

Wow, look... OSU has one. Wow, who'd of thunk it? lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about "taking FULL credit". Just following the accepted practice of observing coaching trees, a common practice, and all of what Miami of Ohio does when claiming to be the Cradle of Coaches, something you yourself seemed to acknowledge was a legitimate thing. That's all I am doing is the same thing Miami of Ohio people did/do when talking about how they are the Cradle of Coaches. UMn's produced MORE and BETTER coaches than THE "Cradle of Coaches" has. Pretty simple concept.

Also, go to ANY college's Wikipedia page and everyone I've looked at has a separate page just for listing the schools alum and faculty and those alum's accomplishments.

Wow, look... OSU has one. Wow, who'd of thunk it? lol

When I make fun of you, which is all the time, I'm repeating things you've actually said. Like I've said before you're the worst homer on this site. And the stuff you've said to over-pimp all things Minnesota Gophers is nonstop.

Only you could be asked what makes Minnesota football so great and your longwinded response involves mentioning Minnesota hockey, former Gophers that played MLB, former NBAers and crazy shit like your Bud Wilkinson take.

And get a clue. I have never over pimped anything Ohio State. So for you to mention them is completely senseless.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I make fun of you, which is all the time, I'm repeating things you've actually said.

If you were a news show, you'd be called CNN or MSNBC because you go out of your way to make false claims that I said this or that I said that, when in reality I did not. You don't care about the truth, you just care about your chosen pre-determined narrative. It's blatant and obvious. And just like those two news shows, you contradict yourself pretty regularly and completely ignore it when I point out these contradictions and inconsistencies.

Example, for football, you ignore the # of Natl Titles a team has won to determine how good they are historically, because you know that would place UMn in the Top Ten historically, and use the age of UMn's titles as a way of discrediting them in some way. In the same way this allows you to discount UMn's being Top Ten historically in college baseball, too, not to mention a complete and total disregarding UMn's THREE Titles in cbb that would probably rank them Top Ten historically in college basketball, too, because of how long ago they were won and their being named The Champs, just like they did in cfb, but somehow cbb has to be different? Oh how convenient that is for a loser with Fred Derangement Syndrome like yourself.

BUT, when it comes to hockey, all of a sudden the ONLY thing that seems to matter to you is the # of Natl Titles won and now, when it comes to hockey, it doesn't matter how long ago those titles were won by the likes of Michigan, Denver & North Dakota, it only matters that no matter how far back you have to go to dig them up, you can show that a couple programs have more titles than Minnesota.

This is such an obvious and blatant contradiction, it proves that you are a big fat lying hypocrite who will post anything just to oppose me. You have admitted publicly in this forum that you make shit up. You obviously have a bad case of Fred Derangement Syndrome. It's pretty sad, actually.
Like I've said before you're the worst homer on this site. And the stuff you've said to over-pimp all things Minnesota Gophers is nonstop.

It's not "over-pimping" if what I post is based on factual information. Sure I don't choose to do the lame ass Minnesota nice thing and act and post all humble like, but do I not come into the forum after every loss and take everything you and others feel like sending my way? lol I'm fine with the heat and so I stay in the kitchen and gloat when the dish I'm cooking turns out just right, and take all the flack that comes when the dish does not turn out right. Maybe it is all the time I spent in the military experiencing sports fans from all over the country with so many of them doing everything they could to, as you call it, "over-pimp" their states/teams. There were more people from Minnesota in my unit in Germany than from any other state and anytime one of us got backed into a corner, a fellow Minnesotan joined into the debate to give their fellow Minnesotan some back up of some kind. I was first introduced to many of the things I bring up in here by other Minnesotans I met in the military. I was never satisfied with taking them at their word, though, so I started collecting relevant books and sources that could back up with they said and never found any of them to have been lying, in fact most of the time I found out more details that they left out that made Minnesota out to seem more impressive than I had originally thought. And one of the authors I leaned on more than others was a big Minnesota sports fan, so he did nothing to suppress my positive attitude towards the University of Minnesota.

And again I have to bring up the example of Miami of Ohio, whose efforts they have made to make the argument for their being the Cradle of Coaches you seem to accept and be fine with. I have done basically nothing more than that University has done to pimp themselves, in fact I have done less than Miami of Ohio has. I rarely talk about the non-UMn grads that UMn has hired as coaches with the exception of UMn's first full time head football coach, Henry L Williams, and current head coaches. But after seeing Miami of Ohio make such a big deal of who they have hired and brought in to coach their sports programs, I felt it was not against the rules to bring them up on rare occasions. UMn's got former non-UMn grad coaches in the Naismith Hall of Fame for a long career as an NBA Head Coach and in line for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and with Super Bowl titles as well as several who have been asst coaches on college football championship winning teams. I've also almost never mentioned any of the UMn alums who went on to successful careers as asst coaches and focused only on those who were head coaches. So you claim that I am the biggest/worst homer on the site, but there are plenty of others out there who make me look tame, including the entire Miami of Ohio University and every Miami of Ohio fan I've ever run across.
U
Only you could be asked what makes Minnesota football so great and your longwinded response involves mentioning Minnesota hockey, former Gophers that played MLB, former NBAers and crazy shit like your Bud Wilkinson take.

Those responses are almost always preceded by YOU bringing up other sports in your unending and desperate effort to prove me wrong about anything. You reference what you think I posted in the past, and I just have to set the record straight each time.
And get a clue. I have never over pimped anything Ohio State. So for you to mention them is completely senseless.

As I need to remind you each and every time, I don't bring up OSU because you have brought them up, but you are an OSU fan, so I bring them up to personalize the points I am making. If OSU pimps what it's graduates/Alumni/former students do after they have finished their schooling at OSU, as does just about any and every school out there does, why is it wrong for a Gopher fan to simply bring up what UMn's alumni/graduates/former students have done and accomplished in the world? And I am NOT the only Minnesotan that brags about Minnesota, it's just that in typical Minnesota fashion, the others who do it do it in a more subtle way, or you have to go and seek them out. But they are out there. Alot of states and schools have fans like that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were a news show, you'd be called CNN or MSNBC because you go out of your way to make false claims that I said this or that I said that, when in reality I did not. You don't care about the truth, you just care about your chosen pre-determined narrative. It's blatant and obvious. And just like those two news shows, you contradict yourself pretty regularly and completely ignore it when I point out these contradictions and inconsistencies.

Example, for football, you ignore the # of Natl Titles a team has won to determine how good they are historically, because you know that would place UMn in the Top Ten historically, and use the age of UMn's titles as a way of discrediting them in some way. In the same way this allows you to discount UMn's being Top Ten historically in college baseball, too, not to mention a complete and total disregarding UMn's THREE Titles in cbb that would probably rank them Top Ten historically in college basketball, too, because of how long ago they were won and their being named The Champs, just like they did in cfb, but somehow cbb has to be different? Oh how convenient that is for a loser with Fred Derangement Syndrome like yourself.

BUT, when it comes to hockey, all of a sudden the ONLY thing that seems to matter to you is the # of Natl Titles won and now, when it comes to hockey, it doesn't matter how long ago those titles were won by the likes of Michigan, Denver & North Dakota, it only matters that no matter how far back you have to go to dig them up, you can show that a couple programs have more titles than Minnesota.

This is such an obvious and blatant contradiction, it proves that you are a big fat lying hypocrite who will post anything just to oppose me. You have admitted publicly in this forum that you make shit up. You obviously have a bad case of Fred Derangement Syndrome. It's pretty sad, actually.

It's not "over-pimping" if what I post is based on factual information. Sure I don't choose to do the lame ass Minnesota nice thing and act and post all humble like, but do I not come into the forum after every loss and take everything you and others feel like sending my way? lol I'm fine with the heat and so I stay in the kitchen and gloat when the dish I'm cooking turns out just right, and take all the flack that comes when the dish does not turn out right. Maybe it is all the time I spent in the military experiencing sports fans from all over the country with so many of them doing everything they could to, as you call it, "over-pimp" their states/teams. There were more people from Minnesota in my unit in Germany than from any other state and anytime one of us got backed into a corner, a fellow Minnesotan joined into the debate to give their fellow Minnesotan some back up of some kind. I was first introduced to many of the things I bring up in here by other Minnesotans I met in the military. I was never satisfied with taking them at their word, though, so I started collecting relevant books and sources that could back up with they said and never found any of them to have been lying, in fact most of the time I found out more details that they left out that made Minnesota out to seem more impressive than I had originally thought. And one of the authors I leaned on more than others was a big Minnesota sports fan, so he did nothing to suppress my positive attitude towards the University of Minnesota.

And again I have to bring up the example of Miami of Ohio, whose efforts they have made to make the argument for their being the Cradle of Coaches you seem to accept and be fine with. I have done basically nothing more than that University has done to pimp themselves, in fact I have done less than Miami of Ohio has. I rarely talk about the non-UMn grads that UMn has hired as coaches with the exception of UMn's first full time head football coach, Henry L Williams, and current head coaches. But after seeing Miami of Ohio make such a big deal of who they have hired and brought in to coach their sports programs, I felt it was not against the rules to bring them up on rare occasions. UMn's got former non-UMn grad coaches in the Naismith Hall of Fame for a long career as an NBA Head Coach and in line for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and with Super Bowl titles as well as several who have been asst coaches on college football championship winning teams. I've also almost never mentioned any of the UMn alums who went on to successful careers as asst coaches and focused only on those who were head coaches. So you claim that I am the biggest/worst homer on the site, but there are plenty of others out there who make me look tame, including the entire Miami of Ohio University and every Miami of Ohio fan I've ever run across.

Those responses are almost always preceded by YOU bringing up other sports in your unending and desperate effort to prove me wrong about anything. You reference what you think I posted in the past, and I just have to set the record straight each time.

As I need to remind you each and every time, I don't bring up OSU because you have brought them up, but you are an OSU fan, so I bring them up to personalize the points I am making. If OSU pimps what it's graduates/Alumni/former students do after they have finished their schooling at OSU, as does just about any and every school out there does, why is it wrong for a Gopher fan to simply bring up what UMn's alumni/graduates/former students have done and accomplished in the world? And I am NOT the only Minnesotan that brags about Minnesota, it's just that in typical Minnesota fashion, the others who do it do it in a more subtle way, or you have to go and seek them out. But they are out there. Alot of states and schools have fans like that.

What did I tell you about your stupid mini essay's? Not reading that longwinded bullshit.

If you gots the issues with me always calling you out for being the single biggest homer on this site there's a very simple solution. Stop your 24/7 nonstop over the top Minnesota is great at everything homerism.

Be a normal fan like everyone else. Stop being such a dumbass homer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to back losses against mediocre conference opponents for the trash program Minnesota.

In before Freddy sayz the reason Minny lost was their QB got knocked outta the game. It was with about 10 minutes left and Illinois was up by nine at the time.

Illinois just gotta int. with three minutes remaining. Game over.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will disappear just like he did last basketball season. Minnesota has a tough time competing in modern day sports. Here comes a hockey reference in 3 2 1……

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ice Cube Friday GIF