• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two pages are same. One is pre-investigation and one is post investigation.

The post investigation has three supplement pages.

False. That was my indication from the links you put up.

The links from the 11W site I posted that have what was released to them in 2015 and then in 2018 show two separate reports with entirely different offenses. 11W even takes issue with it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. That was my indication from the links you put up.

The links from the 11W site I posted that have what was released to them in 2015 and then in 2018 show two separate reports with entirely different offenses. 11W even takes issue with it.
Not two separate incidents, as clearly noted on the reports.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck if they went to the media or not? I'm not going to sit here and feel sorry for them. They chose to get in the middle of this, and it sure as hell sounds like her mom thinks there's more to their involvement.

They didn't get involved in the Urban Meyer situation, they got involved in a situation involving a private friendship. They have nothing to do with Meyer being on administrative leave. They have nothing to do with Meyer firing Zach Smith. And that mom isn't going to win mother of the year anytime soon. Who speaks to the media about their kids apparent mental health issues? If she wanted to clear Smith and Meyer, she could just speak with the University investigators. But this bitch wanted her 5 seconds of fame. Great parent! I would never do that to my daughters, no matter how bat shit crazy they get. I doubt you would either.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not two separate incidents, as clearly noted on the reports.

Correct. However the reports were altered.
The offenses were completely altered. The was no clearance box checked. Somebody went in and made a bunch of changes to the digital report and were very sloppy about it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't get involved in the Urban Meyer situation, they got involved in a situation involving a private friendship. They have nothing to do with Meyer being on administrative leave. They have nothing to do with Meyer firing Zach Smith. And that mom isn't going to win mother of the year anytime soon. Who speaks to the media about their kids apparent mental health issues? If she wanted to clear Smith and Meyer, she could just speak with the University investigators. But this bitch wanted her 5 seconds of fame. Great parent! I would never do that to my daughters, no matter how bat shit crazy they get. I doubt you would either.
I never said they have anything to do with Meyer being on leave. I said they chose to get in the middle of the Zach/Courtney fiasco.

If I had a daughter that regularly mistreated me and my mother the way Courtney evidently did with her mom and grandmother, I wouldn't think twice to. She's a grown woman, and her mother is only adding credibility to the earlier stories about Courtney being a crazy bitch when she drinks. Did you read her full length interview that was posted yesterday?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. However the reports were altered.
The offenses were completely altered. The was no clearance box checked. Somebody went in and made a bunch of changes to the digital report and were very sloppy about it.
Cool, so you have that copy that says he was arrested yet?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it doesn't, unless you've got a tin foil hat on, like yourself.

Unless I don't have tunnel vision like OSU fans have.
The original report given to 11W in 2015 was digitally altered in many ways.
MANY ways.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Smith is a piece of shit of a man and so is any other guy who hits women. Walk the fuck away and just leave her if you can't take her shit anymore.
2. She's a crazy fk too and you can't trust what she says other than her husband was an asshole. She probably makes you want to hit her but be a man and walk away.
3. Urban knew he shouldn't have this guy around way before they fired him. I don't care what homers wanna tell themselves. Is it his fault their marriage was that bad ? No of course not. Should he lose his job because of this and lying about it? no. But he knew it wasn't anywhere near what he should have around him but he still kept the guy. He should get a couple games off IMO.
4. That police dept is shady as fuck. Both of them should have probably been arrested.
5. The AD should be fired if only for taking vacation while this is getting investigated and just the fact that we need an investigation because the day after Urban lied and then said he did report , the AD should have confirmed or denied that and it would have wrapped this up quicker.

OK thats my take for today.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they have anything to do with Meyer being on leave. I said they chose to get in the middle of the Zach/Courtney fiasco.

If I had a daughter that regularly mistreated me and my mother the way Courtney evidently did with her mom and grandmother, I wouldn't think twice to. She's a grown woman, and her mother is only adding credibility to the earlier stories about Courtney being a crazy bitch when she drinks. Did you read her full length interview that was posted yesterday?

Yes I did, and I didn't see an ounce of love from a supposed mother. Just anger, resentment, and agenda. Payback if you will. So while it might have some credibility, I'm putting a huge grain of salt on that article. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of the McMurphy and Snook stories. It usually is.

However, I also struggle with Snook since his bullshit about Herman tipping McMurphy. That is nonsensical to drag himself into a situation half his staff would also get thrown under the bus for in the court of public opinion.

That's what got my reading this story in the first place. So I guess Snook got his clicks dragging the Texas fanbase into it. Congrats on that. :noidea:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he did look through them and didn't find one, but didn't want to wind up with egg on his face if somehow one existed? It's amazing the lengths you're willing to go to for something with no evidence of existence.

Here is the best explanation I could find for you — it takes quotes from elevenwarriors, so you know it isn’t biased.

On the Nov. 5th report — they listed his actions as a misdemeanor assault and menacing. They checked the box for ‘arrested’. Hence the reason the Police Chief talked about human error.

On July 24, the PPD released a report and the charges were listed as domestic violence and felonious assault, both felonies. And no box was checked for arrested or not.

Powell is only releasing the 24th copy because under Ohio law passed in 2016, they cannot release the rest.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...ell_police_chief_explains_changes_in_offense/

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not directly related to the discussion, but has some tangential interest IMO.
Zach Smith was arrested by the Dublin, Ohio police in 2013 for
operating a vehicle while intoxicated. The details, including the police report can be found here:
Former OSU assistant coach Zach Smith arrested for drunken driving in 2013

Here are some points I found interesting:
-Zach lied to the officer, saying he had not been drinking. He later admitted to the officer that he had been drinking.
That suggests a willingness to lie to the police to avoid charges. Its not a big deal but should be kept in mind when assessing the truthfulness of the statements made to the Powell police by Zach & Courtney.

-Zach refused a breathalyzer test. He was found guilty April 16, 2013 of physical control, a first-degree misdemeanor, in Dublin Mayor’s Court. The operating a vehicle while intoxicated charge was amended and the speeding charge dismissed.
A judge sentenced Mr. Smith to a $375 fine, suspended a three-day jail term, and license suspension for 180 days. Mr. Smith was granted limited driving privileges and completed a 72-hour driver intervention program.

This is strange in my experience. Lying to the police about drinking, then admitting drinking, then refusing a breathalyzer makes for a slam-dunk OVI conviction. The amending of the OVI charge and the dropping of the speeding charge is surprising under these circumstances IMO. I speak here from actual experiences with family and friends in Ohio. Maybe Dublin police are easier on drunk driving than other departments?

Lifelong tOSU fan.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry — Red Alert already tried explaining it using what I just said. That was the best explanation I could find and fits the statement released by the Powell PD and the Police Chief.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Powell PD chief is in damage control mode. He's all over the place. Internal sloppiness or outside influence?
hmmm

"Powell Chief of Police Gary Vest did not confirm whether there were any other versions of the report – saying that all records kept by Powell Police have been maintained for court records, but that the offense report released on July 24 was the only report being released by Powell Police at this time – but did say that any indication that Zach was arrested that came from his department was a result of human error."

"the word ‘arrest’ was simply checked on a box that shouldn’t have been checked.”

"Powell Police does not plan to release additional documents related to the 2015 allegations against Smith at this time nor discuss details of the case beyond what was included in the offense reports that have already been released. Vest did indicate, though, that it is not necessarily unusual for a misdemeanor offense to be changed to a felony while an investigation is ongoing, nor unusual for an investigation to remain open over an extended period of time."

“It’s an ongoing process of review,”

"Powell Police are looking into the situation to determine whether additional steps should be taken after Courtney and Zach each spoke publicly about the incident for the first time last week."

“In light of the more recent communication by both parties, I would say we’re looking into … we are re-examining to make sure that there’s no new information, and to decide whether or not there’s additional done,”

https://www-elevenwarriors-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/95015/powell-police-chief-explains-changes-in-offense-reports-says-zach-smith-was-never-arrested-in-2015?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/95015/powell-police-chief-explains-changes-in-offense-reports-says-zach-smith-was-never-arrested-in-2015

Last edited:

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to interpret this. These are not the same forms.

I just looked at those forms that were posted. It appears the one that was dated 10/25/2015 was from the day of the investigation & the one dated 10/26/2015 was from the follow-up investigation the next day.

It appears that the officer started to fill out an arrest form, then changed his mind & crossed out the first few lines of the form & didn't fill out the rest. This tells me that one of two things occurred:

1) Either they had come to possibly arrest Zach, but the situation had calmed down & they felt there was no need to make an arrest; or,

2) The officer was just making his follow-up visit & accidentally grabbed the wrong form, so he marked through the lines he had begun to fill out & didn't complete the rest of the form.

This seems to confirm that no arrest was made on either the 25th or the 26th, and may actually explain Meyer's perceived faux pas during Big 10 Media Day.

Police departments tend to number their reports. The officer probably didn't want to turn in an out-of-sequence report at a later date or have to explain a missing report, so he likely turned it in as-is & gave a verbal explanation for doing so. That would also explain the police chief's statement that if such a report existed, it was a mistake.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you find it more believable that this police report exists out there somewhere and, after 2.5 weeks of heated debate and online back and forth, not a single person other than McMurphy can actually produce it or even say that they, too, have seen it? When these police reports are available in electronic format, and 2 other copies have made their way out, that this unicorn copy that said he was arrested undoubtedly exists, yet is just simply unattainable for no given reason?
Yes. Fully and completely. Your gross mischaracterization aside, I for sure buy he saw a report with that checked more then he lied or fabricated something. Because logic.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - why'd you ignore this first paragraph:

It's not about being asked to produce something, it's about having the journalistic integrity to stand behind your story. If he's doubling down and saying he absolutely saw a copy of the report that said he was arrested, doesn't it make sense to you that he'd be falling all over himself trying to make it public as fast as he could? Wouldn't you?

Can you not answer this?
I didn't ignore it, it didn't need another answer because I've already given you more than one answer to it.

First I asked you which real authority has questioned him or his report that he didn't respond to. You must answer that to have something because trying to use the firestorm of disgruntled OSU fans is a non starter. He simply doesn't care about you. At all. Until you show where REAL media is questioning it, it's an invalid question. Period.

Second, I gave you several maybe type things about it. Remember me saying maybe he asked not to make it public. Maybe he was shown it, but not given a physical copy, maybe he's waiting until after the report, etc.

The lack of sharing that doc in no way is proof it didn't exist. The chief of police could have pushed him to release it by claiming it doesn't exist. He didn't. There is no mainstream media questioning it or putting him in a place to do so.