• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree, but as the one person who has access to any and all reports — he could have put an end to it.

Instead, he made it sound like there was a report stating that - it was by error and they corrected it with an updated version and then McMurphy updated his story.

It is nothing more than arguing semantics — Urban knew exactly what the question was about and it is why he put out the report saying he lied, I mean failed (PR speak for lie), at Media Day.
Do you think he's seen every single police report to go through that police station for the last 5 years and can recall every single detail of them? Come on, man.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that from the report that McMurphy says he has?

No. It's from the 2nd link you posted from 11W. I.E. The 2nd report.
The 1st report has "Invest Pending" checked.

Don't you read what you post?

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if your coach doesn't want to get dragged into this, he shouldn't be interjecting by paying legal fees when he's no longer affiliated with the program.

Did he or his wife go to the media in 2017 when they gave her money? No, they didn't. It's nobodies business who they give money to.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if your coach doesn't want to get dragged into this, he shouldn't be interjecting by paying legal fees when he's no longer affiliated with the program.

Yeah. Nobody should be helping the victim. If she were helpless maybe she'll STFU and go back to Zach.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he's seen every single police report to go through that police station for the last 5 years and can recall every single detail of them? Come on, man.

I'd think he'd pulled every report concerning this case, knowing he'd be asked about it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you honestly say you don't understand why I am highly skeptical of McMurphy saying he saw this report that evidently nobody else has seen, and the fact that he hasn't even attempted to make it public?
Can you not honestly understand why others that don't have a dog in this hunt aren't trying to make the facts fit a narrative?

Your idea that he entirely fabricated it is of course possible. I just personally find that less likely. I don't like or hate either McMurphy or Meyer. I don't have any vested interest in the outcome other than idle curiosity. I'm simply sticking to what I find the most plausible.

Every single time we turn around and read something new in this case it blows up something and muddles things more. It has done so to the point where very little can be stated as fact.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From his comment — I took it as it did and it was simply an error by his office and they corrected it.

If it didn’t exist — he would have flat out said — there is no report stating he was arrested, since he is the one with access to all the reports.
Oh I could see him still using CYA speech. Since you may not know if a detective first made some sort of blunder and then changed it before he saw it or something.

But what he did purportedly say was oddly vague without simply being CYA.

In any event, he clearly didn't leave no doubt that there were anything other than the two publicly available versions. It would have been easy to do.

Funny how the OSU'ers do not think it's odd that police chief didn't clear the air when given a chance, but it's entirely proof McMurphy made up a report that doesn't exist because he hasn't (yet) put a copy of that out. It's entirely selective outrage to serve their own agenda.

The proverbial spotlight right now has been shining directly on OSU for nearly two weeks. Once their report comes out you can bet it will toggle back to McMurphy, Courtney, and whoever else has explaining to do based on that outcome. If they call him out for his claims he has no choice but to back up his words or apologize and clear the air.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to interpret this. These are not the same forms.

Two pages are same. One is pre-investigation and one is post investigation.

The post investigation has three supplement pages.

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From his comment — I took it as it did and it was simply an error by his office and they corrected it.

If it didn’t exist — he would have flat out said — there is no report stating he was arrested, since he is the one with access to all the reports.

Welcome to our Monday afternoon discussion.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he has access to look it up since he made a statement specifically about that case.

If he was asked out of nowhere about the case. I agree, it is impossible to ask anyone to know every report that is put out. He had time to look up the report, which is why I believe he mentioned human error as the reason if a report said that.

As I said though — it is arguing semantics. Meyer knew exactly what he was questioned about and even released a statement admitting as much.

Personally, I couldn’t care less if every coach lied every time they talked to the media. So I don’t think Urban should even be suspended. His only issue is if it comes out he didn’t report anything.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two pages are same. One is pre-investigation and one is post investigation.

The post investigation has three supplement pages.
Okay - I can see that now, except they are not the same report. For example, the arrest addendum from the earlier report is missing from the second, and the "checked by" officer name has changed between the two.

Also, the earlier one indicates that there was/is to be a follow up. It is the follow up officer who checked the second form off.

While I am not an expert on police procedure by any stretch, it looks to me like the second report is for a follow up visit. Also, these two forms do not really answer the question of whether or not Brett McMurphy saw a version that indicated that an arrest took place. (Doesn't prove he did either, to be clear.)

But the Powell Police Chief did indicate that a report indicating that an arrest occurred was due to "human error". So my question is - to whose error is he referring? the Powell Police Department records (as in - there are two versions of the incident report and we have only seen one) or McMurphy's (as in he misinterpreted the incident report he saw.)

But the bottom line (to me at least) is that this release of forms, especially coupled with the statements made by Powell Police, isn't sufficient to answer the questions.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the charges also are completely different between the two reports (despite the fact that the incident numbers are the same.)

So any claims that these represent versions of the same document are ridiculous.

Hence, Shenanigans.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay - I can see that now, except they are not the same report. For example, the arrest addendum from the earlier report is missing from the second, and the "checked by" officer name has changed between the two.

Also, the earlier one indicates that there was/is to be a follow up. It is the follow up officer who checked the second form off.

While I am not an expert on police procedure by any stretch, it looks to me like the second report is for a follow up visit. Also, these two forms do not really answer the question of whether or not Brett McMurphy saw a version that indicated that an arrest took place. (Doesn't prove he did either, to be clear.)

But the Powell Police Chief did indicate that a report indicating that an arrest occurred was due to "human error". So my question is - to whose error is he referring? the Powell Police Department records (as in - there are two versions of the incident report and we have only seen one) or McMurphy's (as in he misinterpreted the incident report he saw.)

But the bottom line (to me at least) is that this release of forms, especially coupled with the statements made by Powell Police, isn't sufficient to answer the questions.

It's two separate offenses filed under one Incident #. One is "Domestic Violence", the other is "Disorderly conduct".

It's not two separate reports like Across The Field is trying to pass it off as.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the charges also are completely different between the two reports (despite the fact that the incident numbers are the same.)

So any claims that these represent versions of the same document are ridiculous.

Hence, Shenanigans.
1-super-troopers-quotes.gif.cf.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It's from the 2nd link you posted from 11W. I.E. The 2nd report.
The 1st report has "Invest Pending" checked.

Don't you read what you post?
So you're saying you don't have the report that McMurphy supposedly says he had?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he or his wife go to the media in 2017 when they gave her money? No, they didn't. It's nobodies business who they give money to.
Who gives a fuck if they went to the media or not? I'm not going to sit here and feel sorry for them. They chose to get in the middle of this, and it sure as hell sounds like her mom thinks there's more to their involvement.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you not honestly understand why others that don't have a dog in this hunt aren't trying to make the facts fit a narrative?

Your idea that he entirely fabricated it is of course possible. I just personally find that less likely. I don't like or hate either McMurphy or Meyer. I don't have any vested interest in the outcome other than idle curiosity. I'm simply sticking to what I find the most plausible.

Every single time we turn around and read something new in this case it blows up something and muddles things more. It has done so to the point where very little can be stated as fact.
So you find it more believable that this police report exists out there somewhere and, after 2.5 weeks of heated debate and online back and forth, not a single person other than McMurphy can actually produce it or even say that they, too, have seen it? When these police reports are available in electronic format, and 2 other copies have made their way out, that this unicorn copy that said he was arrested undoubtedly exists, yet is just simply unattainable for no given reason?