• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what is announced tomorrow (which I suspect will be a slap on the wrist for Meyer and then business as usual) it won't be the end of this story. The Columbus Dispatch is still going to pursue its FOI case for the "arrest" records of the Powell PD. So this story will continue to dog tOSU for some time.

Bookmarket.

Thanks for the obvious, of course they continue to look into it (blue blood + top 3 coach in the nation + reporter with hatred for Urban = never ending). I mean common sense is a slap on the wrist is warranted. To many if’s, and’s or but’s and the accuracy of the reporter of this issue killed any chance of Urban getting fired. I doubt he gets suspended, maybe one game.

The Columbus Dispatch hates Urbs? OK

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban is in the building and they already have the press conference table and microphones set up. None of that is a guarantee, but it seems like an indicator of what is to come.

Also it was reported that Drake won't be making this decision alone (thank goodness) but he and BOT would jointly make the decision.

giphy.gif
So not only is Drake visiting sick 11 year olds, he’s going to Ohio State press conferences? Dude is everywhere.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anything ever said what Zach Smith did was not right and was a horrible thing, but this has turned into a story that really has wandered off and now we question things, not about Smith, but about the sources where it came from. The Urban lie to the media is not a fireable offense and shouldnt be. If that is what the fuss is about, it is pretty hilarious, bc you are realizing you are complaining bc the publix doesnt know. The media is out of control these days and is becoming a problem, has been for some time especially when “reporters” are trying to get facts from people on twitter :L The incident in 2015 was reported and procedures were followed by Meyer, he is a football coach not a counselor.
Zach Smith has always been the issue but yes when a reporter fabricates details of a reporter, there is a problem. Point is, firing Urban over a lie when he followed procedures is so overblown, this story in general is overblown. Zach is a POS, now lets move on to the season already

But you get that's why Urban got in hot water right? Not because he lied to the media about a game plan, what he had for dinner , if such and such was going to play QB or if someones knee is ready for contact. He lied about knowing about the 2015 incident. Since Smith was fired then that tells you Ohio State believes the guy shouldn't be working for them then the normal question is how long did they know this. It might be a matter of fixing the way they do things because maybe Urban did report it but to who and who made the call to keep Smith this long. All questions that come up when you lie about it .

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you get that's why Urban got in hot water right? Not because he lied to the media about a game plan, what he had for dinner , if such and such was going to play QB or if someones knee is ready for contact. He lied about knowing about the 2015 incident. Since Smith was fired then that tells you Ohio State believes the guy shouldn't be working for them then the normal question is how long did they know this. It might be a matter of fixing the way they do things because maybe Urban did report it but to who and who made the call to keep Smith this long. All questions that come up when you lie about it .

I highly doubt Urbs went to Gene Smith and said they needed to let Zach go, and Gene Smith said 'No, you will keep him on your staff'. LOL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your # 2379 comment. And somehow some of these clowns think Zack Smith is their hero.

Since you didn't answer me the 1st time I'll ask again. Exactly who has called Smith a hero? Or are you just making stuff up?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your # 2379 comment. And somehow some of these clowns think Zack Smith is their hero.

Since you didn't answer me the 1st time I'll ask again. Exactly who has called Smith a hero? Or are you just making stuff up?
@AlaskaGuy sure likes the worthless woman beating POS. Turds of a feather and such

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction: the over whelming majority of people aren’t going to care nearly as much as you think they are.

Yeah, I think there are only 2 ways that we see any kind of meltdown.

1.) If it turns out that Meyer didn't report it and still just receives a slap on the wrist.

2.) If Meyer did report it and they fire him anyway.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No not making it up. You can see yourself which guys act like beating a woman makes you more of a man.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't is not the same as won't. Got it?

I'm not the 1 accusing people of things. Not saying it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen it. If you're so sure of what you're claiming it shouldn't be difficult to give an example. Seems like you're not willing to do that.

Although I will say this. If that has happened defending Smith is inexcusable. Domestic abuse of any kind should never be tolerated.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the 1 accusing people of things. Not saying it hasn't happened, I just haven't seen it. If you're so sure of what you're claiming it shouldn't be difficult to give an example. Seems like you're not willing to do that.

Although I will say this. If that has happened defending Smith is inexcusable. Domestic abuse of any kind should never be tolerated.

I don't want to take this thread down that path by naming people but I'm 1000% positive there are posts where people act like abusing a woman is somehow a manly thing and something you gotta do to keep them in line.
I've even said she sounds like a crazy ass woman but if you're a man you walk away. If Smith was a man he should have divorced her many years ago instead of staying with her and engaging in this toxic relationship. Men who are weak look for women they can boss around and sometimes these kinda men go too far. And some weak ass men think it's cool or the right thing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to take this thread down that path by naming people but I'm 1000% positive there are posts where people act like abusing a woman is somehow a manly thing and something you gotta do to keep them in line.
I've even said she sounds like a crazy ass woman but if you're a man you walk away. If Smith was a man he should have divorced her many years ago instead of staying with her and engaging in this toxic relationship. Men who are weak look for women they can boss around and sometimes these kinda men go too far. And some weak ass men think it's cool or the right thing.

Like I already said I haven't seen anyone saying what you're claiming. So not sure if I really believe you. And 1 legit question. Aren't you an Ohio State Hater? If so that would probably be a factor in you saying what you're saying right now.

As a lifelong Ohio State fan I can only speak for myself & no other Buckeye fans. Smith is a POS. Meyer should have gotten rid of him years ago. From the start of this I haven't tried to play any guessing games or defend anyone. Meyer should be okay if he did what he was supposed to do. If he didn't he can go fuck himself & get him outta Columbus. Covering up DV should never happen under any circumstance.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's odd is you sound like you're more pissed at the reporter than Zack Smith. You also go on and on about what we don't know but we do know is that Urban lied and tried to not let the public know there was an issue there and it wouldn't have come out if people didn't ask questions. And there was an obvious issue because after all that history Smith was fired. Most people don't really care if Urban gets a game two or gets time severed because it's not like he did the abuse. Most people feel he was too loyal to the guy and should have let him go a long time ago but that doesn't rise to the level of a fire able offense if he did as he says and reported it. It's not "the media" that is the major issue here.
his is where you are incorrect. I don't care if someones name is Urban Meyers or Brett McMurphy. You seem to be focused on your opinion of Meyers to the point you're accepting false information as fact. Im looking at something more substantial. And my source is Brad Koffel a lawyer involved in this entire situation. Again if Smith did what was said he got what he deserved and was fired. As far as everything else you're going on assumptions.

What we do know is what the Lawyer stated. Telecommunication fraud and obtaining illegal nude pictures. Which is easily traced through the electronic paper trail.....Which regardless of whet happens will hold truth. And be easily proven.

You may be into the social media courts,gossip,conspiracy theories,false reports speculation etc. . I prefer due process,facts and proper procedures point blank.....

I would suggest you read up on Social Media and the effects it holds in todays society tho. It's become a major issue on many levels that surpass college football......But then we would be getting into the political realm

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name is Meyer you fucking gonad :gaah:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I already said I haven't seen anyone saying what you're claiming. So not sure if I really believe you. And 1 legit question. Aren't you an Ohio State Hater? If so that would probably be a factor in you saying what you're saying right now.

As a lifelong Ohio State fan I can only speak for myself & no other Buckeye fans. Smith is a POS. Meyer should have gotten rid of him years ago. From the start of this I haven't tried to play any guessing games or defend anyone. Meyer should be okay if he did what he was supposed to do. If he didn't he can go fuck himself & get him outta Columbus. Covering up DV should never happen under any circumstance.
Aren't I an Ohio State hater? lol. Why would I be an Ohio State hater? They don't even play in our conference. I've seen USC and Ohio State play twice live and USC won both times and I had a wonderful time watching the game at the Shoe. The fans were awesome there. Ohio State beat the hell out of USC this last year but that wouldn't make me want to hate them. So i don't know where you get that. It's Smith who I have disdain for and I'm just curious who knew what about him and why it took that long to fire him and that doesn't fuel hate.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his is where you are incorrect. I don't care if someones name is Urban Meyers or Brett McMurphy. You seem to be focused on your opinion of Meyers to the point you're accepting false information as fact. Im looking at something more substantial. And my source is Brad Koffel a lawyer involved in this entire situation. Again if Smith did what was said he got what he deserved and was fired. As far as everything else you're going on assumptions.

What we do know is what the Lawyer stated. Telecommunication fraud and obtaining illegal nude pictures. Which is easily traced through the electronic paper trail.....Which regardless of whet happens will hold truth. And be easily proven.

You may be into the social media courts,gossip,conspiracy theories,false reports speculation etc. . I prefer due process,facts and proper procedures point blank.....

I would suggest you read up on Social Media and the effects it holds in todays society tho. It's become a major issue on many levels that surpass college football......But then we would be getting into the political realm
This.