• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would your thoughts be if they find that Urban followed procedure and he doesn't get suspended?
That I was right all along.

Seriously, have you been paying attention?

Didn't I tell you many times i expect nothing to come of this? Only losers I expect are zack and Courtney. I've said I suspect it was all blown up out of proportion. Hell, even McMurpy said he was surprised it ended up with Meyer suspended and he wrote the story.

So your question seems rather odd. But then a few of you are paranoid and keep trying to bend things to what you want us to have said.

I will be shocked if anything happens to Meyer. Not because I suspect a cover up, but because I doubt he did anything wrong.

And I've now said that 100 times. Sheesh

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did this happen on the field or even the campus? Did this have anything to do with actual football operations?

Why do you continue with this?

You don't seem to grasp that it doesn't matter where it happened or whether it had anything to do with "actual football operations." People get fired all of the time for things that happen away from work on their own time.

As a member of the tOSU coaching staff, Zach Smith was a representative of the school. As such, anything he does/did that could bring negative publicity or embarrassment to the school can be cause for disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

As the Head Coach, Urban Meyer was/is obligated both contractually and under Title IX to report potential violations should he become aware of them.

And all of that doesn't even address the coaches responsibility to be proper role models for the players by following the very principles they expect the players to follow. Especially when treating women with respect is one of them.

It's that simple.

At this point, it's pretty indisputable that Zach Smith was abusing his wife and was fired for it.

The only real question at this point is whether or not Urban reported the abuse when he was made aware of it...or whether he waited until he found out it was about to go public.

If he reported it as soon as he heard about it, which it appears that he may have, he should be in the clear and then the question becomes...what did the folks that he reported it to do?

If he didn't report it until he knew it was going public...that's a bit more problematic and could lead to his dismissal.

Either way, it looks like we'll have some better answers in a couple of days or so.

This was a problem involving to adults off the field. And thats where it belongs. The only way this relates to the football program. Is when the program is used as the vehicle to push the story. I get a lot of people have a pre existing opinion on Meyers or OSU. But that has zero to do with the Smiths. Its all assumptions,agendas and outrage dude. And thats all it is.

Urban Meyer's contract, Zach Smith's contract and Title IX all disagree.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I was right all along.

Seriously, have you been paying attention?

Didn't I tell you many times i expect nothing to come of this? Only losers I expect are zack and Courtney. I've said I suspect it was all blown up out of proportion. Hell, even McMurpy said he was surprised it ended up with Meyer suspended and he wrote the story.

So your question seems rather odd. But then a few of you are paranoid and keep trying to bend things to what you want us to have said.

I will be shocked if anything happens to Meyer. Not because I suspect a cover up, but because I doubt he did anything wrong.

And I've now said that 100 times. Sheesh
Simple question dude, calm down

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't seem to grasp that it doesn't matter where it happened or whether it had anything to do with "actual football operations." People get fired all of the time for things that happen away from work on their own time.

As a member of the tOSU coaching staff, Zach Smith was a representative of the school. As such, anything he does/did that could bring negative publicity or embarrassment to the school can be cause for disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

As the Head Coach, Urban Meyer was/is obligated both contractually and under Title IX to report potential violations should he become aware of them.

And all of that doesn't even address the coaches responsibility to be proper role models for the players by following the very principles they expect the players to follow. Especially when treating women with respect is one of them.

It's that simple.

At this point, it's pretty indisputable that Zach Smith was abusing his wife and was fired for it.

The only real question at this point is whether or not Urban reported the abuse when he was made aware of it...or whether he waited until he found out it was about to go public.

If he reported it as soon as he heard about it, which it appears that he may have, he should be in the clear and then the question becomes...what did the folks that he reported it to do?

If he didn't report it until he knew it was going public...that's a bit more problematic and could lead to his dismissal.

Either way, it looks like we'll have some better answers in a couple of days or so.

It's that simple.

I do get what you’re trying to say. But this situation is a direct product of a social media report. That gained legs based on faux outrage. And platform. The story has been edited repeatedly and is basic speculation. I would say the one thing that is safe to say. Is without social and its nature we aren’t even having this conversation.

I can also see where some may want to compare this to our every day lives. And I’ve had some extremely thorough bosses. But I would say it’s a pretty big stretch. While some may want to put the blame on the “situation” on Meyers .

A boss can’t just go off he said she said. Or what is the equivalent of gossip. Procedures whether regarding legal or employment follow a process. And for good reason.

As of right now it appears Meyers followed that process. With what was known to him.

As far as the bad look narrative that would be getting into social media and we would be moving into the social media and political realm. And it’s a very long conversation.This isn’t as simple as you may thing. It’s actually quite complex. But it looks like we’ll all know a lot more in the next few days

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get what you’re trying to say. But this situation is a direct product of a social media report.

No, this situation is the direct result of Zach Smith beating his wife and keeping his job in spite of it until July of this year.

I can also see where some may want to compare this to our every day lives. And I’ve had some extremely thorough bosses. But I would say it’s a pretty big stretch. While some may want to put the blame on the “situation” on Meyers .

A boss can’t just go off he said she said. Or what is the equivalent of gossip. Procedures whether regarding legal or employment follow a process. And for good reason.

Actually, a boss can go off of he said/she said. Also, there is a hell of a lot more evidence to this than he said/she said...other wise, why was he fired?

As far as the bad look narrative that would be getting into social media and we would be moving into the social media and political realm. And it’s a very long conversation.This isn’t as simple as you may thing. It’s actually quite complex. But it looks like we’ll all know a lot more in the next few days

No, it's not complicated. Players have been dismissed from teams and coaches fired for the "bad look narrative" since long before social media became a thing.

If, as a coach and representative of the university, you do something that can create a situation that makes the university look bad, you can be fired for it. That's how it's always been. Social media may mean that more folks know about it and can chime in, but the premise of a coach being disciplined for things that are a bad look for the university has been around for decades.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, this situation is the direct result of Zach Smith beating his wife and keeping his job in spite of it until July of this year.

Im curious where there is any proof he beat his wife. If there is why not turn that over to the police so he is arrested?

Actually, a boss can go off of he said/she said. Also, there is a hell of a lot more evidence to this than he said/she said...other wise, why was he fired?

He violated a protection order.

No, it's not complicated. Players have been dismissed from teams and coaches fired for the "bad look narrative" since long before social media became a thing.

If, as a coach and representative of the university, you do something that can create a situation that makes the university look bad, you can be fired for it. That's how it's always been. Social media may mean that more folks know about it and can chime in, but the premise of a coach being disciplined for things that are a bad look for the university has been around for decades.

This is very true and many have been fired for rumors. Does that make it right? Should anyone be fire for something where even the police do not believe a crime was committed or not proof to make an arrest?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know how long a week is?

Has it been longer? I truly haven’t paid attention. I just remember them saying the investigation would be 2 weeks.

The whole thing is a circus and has turned into a Jerry springer Episode, so I quit paying attention.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheRobotDevil... You should be receiving your new Buckeye tshirt in the mail in a few days. I always knew you had some Buckeye blood in you. sir.:D

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Key word this year not 2015.....he was fired due to an incident this year., Which we do not have the facts for just false reports and edits.... Nor will we until it goes through the legal system. Smith may actually get a settlement out of this if his story regarding the criminal trespass checks out.....

There would be no bad look if not for the media. I would guess theres multiple programs who have the same issue. But again thats getting into the politics of social media. And "sports news networks" that are more interested in politics,narratives and gossip. Than covering sports. Which gets into everything from reporters being held accountable. Down to narratives and political aspects of social,kangaroo courts etc.... Social is a lot more complex than some realize.....As was partially discussed in the OP.

I'll actual facts and the processes that are in place over social any day. Also prefer politics and sports being two separate entities tho......

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it been longer? I truly haven’t paid attention. I just remember them saying the investigation would be 2 weeks.

The whole thing is a circus and has turned into a Jerry springer Episode, so I quit paying attention.
I like that the University is not saying squat other than the President saying it will be done when its done.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it will take longer than expected. Then all the people going back & forth about this topic will have more time to talk about it. Won't that be fun?

:gaah:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheRobotDevil... You should be receiving your new Buckeye tshirt in the mail in a few days. I always knew you had some Buckeye blood in you. sir.:D
Its not even a matter of team. This could literally happen to any team. Al it takes is one hack reporter to release a story to gain outrage . from rivals or people with political stances that want to believe. Edit and grab that paycheck without repercussions. Not a trend I want in college football. Honestly cant wait for this to be resolved .

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not even a matter of team. This could literally happen to any team. Al it takes is one hack reporter to release a story to gain outrage . from rivals or people with political stances that want to believe. Edit and grab that paycheck without repercussions. Not a trend I want in college football. Honestly cant wait for this to be resolved .

See the ESPN piece where they tried to tie the MSU football and Basketball teams to Nassar.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the ESPN piece where they tried to tie the MSU football and Basketball teams to Nassar.
But Dantonio saw Nassar in the cafeteria, he must have known!!!