• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beighloare be like...
fklqJVV.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that the University is not saying squat other than the President saying it will be done when its done.

I don’t blame them — they know nothing good will come out of responding. Also, they know if it is found Meyer reported it all and the school didn’t act on it. They will be facing a firing squad in the athletic dept.

Personally — I think Gene Smith will be gone, Meyer gets time served and we go play some football.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word this year not 2015.....he was fired due to an incident this year.,

He likely should have been fired in 2015. The fact that he wasn't and didn't get fired until this year is part of why there was an investigation.

There would be no bad look if not for the media.

No shit?!? Really?!? Of course there would be no bad look if not for the media. Shit happens and the media reports it. Kind of how it's worked since cavemen were drawing on cave walls.

Nice try at making Zach Smith beating his wife the media's fault. :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likely should have been fired in 2015. The fact that he wasn't and didn't get fired until this year is part of why there was an investigation.

No shit?!? Really?!? Of course there would be no bad look if not for the media. Shit happens and the media reports it. Kind of how it's worked since cavemen were drawing on cave walls.

Nice try at making Zach Smith beating his wife the media's fault. :L
Theres an investigation because of the school media attention. OSU did the right thing putting Meyers on paid leave. And hiring outside investigators. Gotta put the media outrage to rest one way or another.

If you want to dismiss careless tabloid journalism thats your choice. I don't recall Smith was a saint. A lot of conflicting stories regarding the smiths..My opinion is Smith beat his wife and got what he deserved for the record. But I'm not saying Urban should lose his job based on false reports, a media frenzy or assumptions. We could run down a list of coaches who have in most cases done ignored worse.Or just didnt know no matter how much we want to believe. A coach like any other boss is not going to know all the details of his employees lives. And when it comes to DV it can be extremely complicated due to both parties in the relationship. So I just cant buy the role model bad light narratives.

Nor can I say Urban should lose his job if he followed protocol and procedure

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres an investigation because of the school media attention. OSU did the right thing putting Meyers on paid leave. And hiring outside investigators. Gotta put the media outrage to rest one way or another.

So the problem is the media, not Zach Smith beating his wife. Got it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the problem is the media, not Zach Smith beating his wife. Got it.
If thats what you want it believe thats all youPart of the problem is the media..The problem is none of us know. Like i said a lot of assumptions and double standards. Theres several case including now LSU etc....But I'm not seeing the same outrage or standards being held to other coaches. And this are involving student athletes....We won't actually know anything until the OSU report is released. And this goes through court. But I kinda prefer facts and procedures. We kinda have systems in place for a reason....

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what is announced tomorrow (which I suspect will be a slap on the wrist for Meyer and then business as usual) it won't be the end of this story. The Columbus Dispatch is still going to pursue its FOI case for the "arrest" records of the Powell PD. So this story will continue to dog tOSU for some time.

Bookmarket.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what is announced tomorrow (which I suspect will be a slap on the wrist for Meyer and then business as usual) it won't be the end of this story. The Columbus Dispatch is still going to pursue its FOI case for the "arrest" records of the Powell PD. So this story will continue to dog tOSU for some time.

Bookmarket.
Regardless of what happens. Brad Koffel is going to destroy McMurphy for telecommunications fraud in the state of Ohio.Amongst several other legal issues McMurphy has violated. He really should have taken Koffels legal advice

bookmark it

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction: The internet is going to break today.
Prediction: the over whelming majority of people aren’t going to care nearly as much as you think they are.

Last edited:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what happens. Brad Koffel is going to destroy McMurphy for telecommunications fraud in the state of Ohio.Amongst several other legal issues McMurphy has violated. He really should have taken Koffels legal advice

bookmark it

What's odd is you sound like you're more pissed at the reporter than Zack Smith. You also go on and on about what we don't know but we do know is that Urban lied and tried to not let the public know there was an issue there and it wouldn't have come out if people didn't ask questions. And there was an obvious issue because after all that history Smith was fired. Most people don't really care if Urban gets a game two or gets time severed because it's not like he did the abuse. Most people feel he was too loyal to the guy and should have let him go a long time ago but that doesn't rise to the level of a fire able offense if he did as he says and reported it. It's not "the media" that is the major issue here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bookmarket.

Thanks for the obvious, of course they continue to look into it (blue blood + top 3 coach in the nation + reporter with hatred for Urban = never ending). I mean common sense is a slap on the wrist is warranted. To many if’s, and’s or but’s and the accuracy of the reporter of this issue killed any chance of Urban getting fired. I doubt he gets suspended, maybe one game.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prediction: the over whelming majority of people aren’t going to care nearly as much as you think they are.
One can only hope. They just showed the Board convening and going into executive session live on ESPN.

The mob will not tolerate this not going their way.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only hope. They just showed the Board convening and going into executive session live on ESPN.

The mob will not tolerate this not going their way.
Pretty sure the mob didn’t lose their shit after Michigan State didn’t fire Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio after ESPN tried tying them to Nassar and accused them of manipulating DA’s into covering up r*pe accusations.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the mob didn’t lose their shit after Michigan State didn’t fire Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio after ESPN tried tying them to Nassar and accused them of manipulating DA’s into covering up r*pe accusations.
I guess we will see.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really expecting finality today? I mean just because the board is meeting now doesn't mean they release everything to the public 10 minutes later does it? Or did they make some kind of announcement that their decisions would be out today?

And I'm sure I speak for quite a few non haters/non homers in this thing when I say that either way it will be good that it is over and OSU can go back to just looking at the coming football season. We can also move on to the next outrageous thing that happens because it surely will and we surely can't resist chiming in on it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's odd is you sound like you're more pissed at the reporter than Zack Smith. You also go on and on about what we don't know but we do know is that Urban lied and tried to not let the public know there was an issue there and it wouldn't have come out if people didn't ask questions. And there was an obvious issue because after all that history Smith was fired. Most people don't really care if Urban gets a game two or gets time severed because it's not like he did the abuse. Most people feel he was too loyal to the guy and should have let him go a long time ago but that doesn't rise to the level of a fire able offense if he did as he says and reported it. It's not "the media" that is the major issue here.

I dont think anything ever said what Zach Smith did was not right and was a horrible thing, but this has turned into a story that really has wandered off and now we question things, not about Smith, but about the sources where it came from. The Urban lie to the media is not a fireable offense and shouldnt be. If that is what the fuss is about, it is pretty hilarious, bc you are realizing you are complaining bc the publix doesnt know. The media is out of control these days and is becoming a problem, has been for some time especially when “reporters” are trying to get facts from people on twitter :L The incident in 2015 was reported and procedures were followed by Meyer, he is a football coach not a counselor.
Zach Smith has always been the issue but yes when a reporter fabricates details of a reporter, there is a problem. Point is, firing Urban over a lie when he followed procedures is so overblown, this story in general is overblown. Zach is a POS, now lets move on to the season already

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This circle jerk is inevitable on the hoop, but also just online in general.

Urban wasn't entirely truthful with his answers to the media about potential issues with his WR coach. Even the most ardent defenders can agree on that. This is what touched off what is probably an overblown situation that really boils down to Zack and Courtney Smith are both not very stable people with a lot of issues in their marriage.

The stated white knight outrage for Courtney is at least premature until we know more than the stated information in McMurphy's reports given the already shaky foundation they were built on. Claiming what Meyer should have know or should have done is just entirely premature because the FACTS are not out. Yet.

LIkewise, the notion that everything in McMurphy's report is bogus because a couple of (rather key) elements were wrong up front and were later edited is also entirely premature. His reports shouldn't be blindly trusted and taken at face value, but that doesn't mean there are inherently any other falsehoods still remaining. This really is all I've been saying for two weeks. Let's wait until the real investigation tells us how much McMurphy had right/wrong before we draw conclusions on his stories.

The process they employed will work because they picked people from outside the institution with very public reputations to uphold. I have no doubt at all that they approached this with an unbiased look into this entire matter, and maybe anything else that shook out during their investigation. Going this route is not the action of a school with something to hide. You do an in-house shuffle if that's your goal. OSU wants transparency and to clean up anything that does come out or they wouldn't have brought this group together.

We may, or may not, have answers this afternoon, but I have confidence this thing comes to a close in a satisfactory way and whoever is guilty of wrong doing will be brought to light. That goes for McMurphy, Meyer, Zack, Courtney, the AD, and anyone else caught up in the investigation.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really expecting finality today? I mean just because the board is meeting now doesn't mean they release everything to the public 10 minutes later does it? Or did they make some kind of announcement that their decisions would be out today?

And I'm sure I speak for quite a few non haters/non homers in this thing when I say that either way it will be good that it is over and OSU can go back to just looking at the coming football season. We can also move on to the next outrageous thing that happens because it surely will and we surely can't resist chiming in on it.
Urban is in the building and they already have the press conference table and microphones set up. None of that is a guarantee, but it seems like an indicator of what is to come.

Also it was reported that Drake won't be making this decision alone (thank goodness) but he and BOT would jointly make the decision.

giphy.gif