• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has a gauntlet to play this year — ND, OSU and MSU on the road. PSU and Wisconsin at home.

I absolutely love our defense. But it is up to the offense to catch up. We shall see.
All they need is better oline play. D is solid. WR very good, decent runners, much better QB. He just needs protection.
Won't be easy for sure but I think even with one loss they can get there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they need is better oline play. D is solid. WR very good, decent runners, much better QB. He just needs protection.
Won't be easy for sure but I think even with one loss they can get there.
For sure — they had WAY too much going on, with too many OL coaches. They had Drevno teaching Gap Blocking and bring in Frye who is teaching Zone blocking. They tried to fuse the two and made it much tougher than it has to be. Perfect one style before adding layers.
With Warriner — it seems that is what he is trying to do. Simplify the scheme and do your job. I hope and pray it works.
Won’t know until the ND game and beyond.

If I had to put down money on who wins the B1G, until UM proves they have a QB — my money is on OSU

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Michigan fan and Ohio State fan talking football? Without insults?
I need another beer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Michigan fan and Ohio State fan talking football? Without insults?
I need another beer.

I’m one of the few UM fans who will talk football with OSU fans and give my honest opinion. I still want them to lose every game, but I know OSU will be the team to beat most years in the B1G.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohiostate3.jpg

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I clicked on that.

Eddie says if DV was covered up, the punishment should be harsh.

No shit?

Who is saying otherwise?

What should the punishment be if it wasn't covered up but the allegations were dealt with according to established university protocol?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one else is reporting this yet. I think this is a sign that Urban will not be fired.

Pete is a friend of Urban.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I clicked on that.

Eddie says if DV was covered up, the punishment should be harsh.

No shit?

Who is saying otherwise?

What should the punishment be if it wasn't covered up but the allegations were dealt with according to established university protocol?
Yeah, that's stupid obvious. I didn't even read it lol.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's stupid obvious. I didn't even read it lol.
They also cite Beanie Wells as being "harsh". Yea, Beanie said "If he lied, he should be fired." Problem? No context. Lied to the university - fire him. Lied to the press? Eat a bag of dildos. It was also before Urban's statement on the 3rd of August.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one else is reporting this yet. I think this is a sign that Urban will not be fired.

Pete is a friend of Urban.
So you assume Urban knows one way or another already?

I mean how would his friend making this post give any hints? You aren't suggesting the whole outside investigation was a farce and they have already known the outcome are you?

I would expect that nothing has been shared with the board yet to remove any thought of tainting the process.

I could see leaks from around the team that did the investigation, but that's about it.

And yes, I still expect Urban to remain as I still bet this was blown out of proportion and isn't as bad as the story painted it to be.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should matter is was it reported and did they follow title IX. IMO they didnt need to interview either of the Smiths.

That's part of why taking 2 weeks to investigate seems odd. It seems pretty cut and dried.

Either he reported it as he is supposed to both contractually and according to Title IX...or he didn't.

If he did, he should be safe.

If not, then he should face disciplinary action.

The only reason I could think of on why it would take 2 weeks would be if he did what he was supposed to, but those he reported to didn't. Then I could see where it might take awhile to investigate what, if anything, they did.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you assume Urban knows one way or another already?

I mean how would his friend making this post give any hints? You aren't suggesting the whole outside investigation was a farce and they have already known the outcome are you?

I would expect that nothing has been shared with the board yet to remove any thought of tainting the process.

I could see leaks from around the team that did the investigation, but that's about it.

And yes, I still expect Urban to remain as I still bet this was blown out of proportion and isn't as bad as the story painted it to be.
I don't think Urban knows. However, Thamel has reported on other issues regarding the program and the they consider him to be fair and not likely to follow the narrative already laid out by the main stream torch and pitchfork bearers. I think Urban believes that Thamel will be fair to him.

I think the 2 weeks was to try to make sure there wasn't some smoking gun out there that had been hidden from the AD.