• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2014/2015 Offseason

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I earlier mentioned a Jackson for Gattis trade made sense for both, now maybe even Saunders for Gattis works for both. Love to add Gattis as our LF/1B/C/DH player to bat in the middle of the order.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just waiting to see if z will try to deal the only real commodity we have to trade: pitching

i'm scared

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they go all in on Ramirez like Cano.....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious how other teams value Saunders since this organization clearly doesnt. Hopefully whatever they get is something that can contribute right away. I would hate for him to be just given away for a mid level prospect that never pans out because of personal issues.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saunders looks so good to us only because of what we have to compare him to. If we could actually trade him for Evan Gattis we would be huge winners of that trade.

I also think it makes sense since Gattis is more a DH and Saunders can play the NL game (bunting master and great defensing sub) well. Whether Atlanta would take the trade is another thing, but I'd take that deal as an M's fan.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious how other teams value Saunders since this organization clearly doesnt. Hopefully whatever they get is something that can contribute right away. I would hate for him to be just given away for a mid level prospect that never pans out because of personal issues.

I don't think the Mariners will get anything in just a Saunders deal. They have no leverage on any team trying to deal for him. Lloyd made it clear with his comments about him in April that Saunders wasn't an everyday player, they didn't feel good enough about him to have him in the game in the crucial part of the season. Knowing Jack he will flip Saunders for a middle reliever and tell us he got a prospect with huge upside.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Mariners will get anything in just a Saunders deal. They have no leverage on any team trying to deal for him. Lloyd made it clear with his comments about him in April that Saunders wasn't an everyday player, they didn't feel good enough about him to have him in the game in the crucial part of the season. Knowing Jack he will flip Saunders for a middle reliever and tell us he got a prospect with huge upside.

If, and that is an unknown if, he has value around the league, then the leverage would be that he could be traded to other teams causing a bidding war of sorts. I don't think the fact teams know M's are unhappy with him will lesson his value if there is value there right now. If he was a headcase, then I think it would change the value.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What would ever lead you to even think such a thing? Oh ya, M's trade history I guess...lol.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saunders looks so good to us only because of what we have to compare him to. If we could actually trade him for Evan Gattis we would be huge winners of that trade.

I also think it makes sense since Gattis is more a DH and Saunders can play the NL game (bunting master and great defensing sub) well. Whether Atlanta would take the trade is another thing, but I'd take that deal as an M's fan.

I could also see a Saunders for Byrd deal. Phils save money and get a younger player and we get the RH hitter we are looking for. I prefer Gattis of course.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, and that is an unknown if, he has value around the league, then the leverage would be that he could be traded to other teams causing a bidding war of sorts. I don't think the fact teams know M's are unhappy with him will lesson his value if there is value there right now. If he was a headcase, then I think it would change the value.

True, but I aren't rumors that Jack fudges up any bidding war deals and does nothing? With Saunders skill set alone there should be teams lining up. Even though he is injury prone, it isn't every day that a guy who has proven in the big leagues he is a 5 tool player goes up on the trading block.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I aren't rumors that Jack fudges up any bidding war deals and does nothing? With Saunders skill set alone there should be teams lining up. Even though he is injury prone, it isn't every day that a guy who has proven in the big leagues he is a 5 tool player goes up on the trading block.

I am with you both on Jack and on Saunders abilities. For a team lacking OF talent, we seem to want to get rid of the one guy that actually deserves to play. I really don't get it. I have seen Saunders up close, I mean right next to him, at spring training and he isn't a guy that looks like he doesn't train. I am not sure what they want him to do to try and avoid injuries? P90X? I never heard the same negativity from management towards Guti. What gives?

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think it'd take to get Morneau from the Rockies? Maybe Saunders+Elias+mid level prospect?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you both on Jack and on Saunders abilities. For a team lacking OF talent, we seem to want to get rid of the one guy that actually deserves to play. I really don't get it. I have seen Saunders up close, I mean right next to him, at spring training and he isn't a guy that looks like he doesn't train. I am not sure what they want him to do to try and avoid injuries? P90X? I never heard the same negativity from management towards Guti. What gives?

My thoughts exactly. Gave Guti a huge extension for 3/4 of a season's worth of performance. It seems like Jack seriously has zero balls, he is a lap dog for ownership and now with Saunders he seems like a lap dog for Lloyd. Jack's job is to look out for the franchise, not sure how dealing Saunders is good for the organization whatsoever, granted he is injury prone but without question he is the best fielder, base runner and has the best power out of any of the outfielders on the roster. Deal Jackson and if Saunders gets hurt they have the backup plan in Jones (which undoubtedly) they will switch him to a corner outfield spot.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think it'd take to get Morneau from the Rockies? Maybe Saunders+Elias+mid level prospect?

Less than that imo.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. Gave Guti a huge extension for 3/4 of a season's worth of performance. It seems like Jack seriously has zero balls, he is a lap dog for ownership and now with Saunders he seems like a lap dog for Lloyd. Jack's job is to look out for the franchise, not sure how dealing Saunders is good for the organization whatsoever, granted he is injury prone but without question he is the best fielder, base runner and has the best power out of any of the outfielders on the roster. Deal Jackson and if Saunders gets hurt they have the backup plan in Jones (which undoubtedly) they will switch him to a corner outfield spot.

:suds:

Well put. Now brace for something stupid from Jack the Hack.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In parts of his six seasons in Seattle, Saunders has posted a .231 batting average and slugged 54 homers, complimenting that with 38 steals and an OPS of .685.

playing kind of okay for almost a whole half of a season before getting hurt yet again won't yield jack(z) shit in a trade. no team's front office is that stupid or desperate for a "condor" that breaks so constantly.

pathetically, yes, he's been our best fielding outfielder and sometimes best hitting as well over the past several years.

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are going to get robbed on whatever they trade Saunders for. Calling it right now. The Mariners need outfielders, so they are looking to trade one of their better options away?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it defies logic.

something's got to give, either through a big trade or big free agent acquisition(s), because the outfield and offense aren't going to just take care of themselves. if saunders is a small part of some big/mutli-player/multi-team deal that lands us a couple of huge missing pieces (not limited to, but including a good outfielder), then fine. i think we all know better, though.

keep him since he's cheap, and direct energy and resources towards real solutions.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake up people!!! Jack is building up interest in Saunders in order to land Stanton. It is as plain as the nose on your faces. :pound:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing kind of okay for almost a whole half of a season before getting hurt yet again won't yield jack(z) shit in a trade. no team's front office is that stupid or desperate for a "condor" that breaks so constantly.

pathetically, yes, he's been our best fielding outfielder and sometimes best hitting as well over the past several years.

I'm not saying that Saunders is great or anything of the sort but when they are looking for outfield help it just amazes me that they are putting on the block the outfielder that is the best at every attribute except for a backup in Jones on the bases. Whether Saunders is gone or not he has proven that young players develop better when they pay other people to train them instead of using the people he could use for free within the organization.