• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lottery Day Thread

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the Lakers like Simmons over Ingram because Simmons is more in the power forward mode being an inch and half taller and nearly 260lbs. Ingram is a smallish 185-190lbs at 6'9. The Lakers are going to focus on rebuilding their front court per Mitch's recent interview.

They very much like Ingram as well. Ingram is crazy long. He just needs to add some strength/weight. Grass fed Tim and the Lakers team chef will take care of that.

I highly doubt that Philly passes on Simmons, so most likely Ingram will be in the purple and gold.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Russ I meant Westbrook.

Oh, lol. Yeah, he's definitely ball dominant. He's been much better about that over the past few years. I believe he led the league in triple doubles this season. But he's definitely still ball dominant. I think either Clarkson or Russell would be ok playing next to him though, especially Clarkson. Russell might take a little longer to gel with him because he's used to being a PG.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They very much like Ingram as well. Ingram is crazy long. He just needs to add some strength/weight. Grass fed Tim and the Lakers team chef will take care of that.

I highly doubt that Philly passes on Simmons, so most likely Ingram will be in the purple and gold.

I doubt it happens, but apparently there are rumors that Simmons only wants to play for the Lakers and may try to force his way to LA. Word is that his "people" are being pretty loud about his desire to be a Laker.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it happens, but apparently there are rumors that Simmons only wants to play for the Lakers and may try to force his way to LA. Word is that his "people" are being pretty loud about his desire to be a Laker.

He has no choice really. If this is the case though, I wonder if he'll even schedule a workout with Philly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no choice really. If this is the case though, I wonder if he'll even schedule a workout with Philly.

Yeah, about the only thing he can do is try to say that he will sit out. But no way he'd actually follow through with it.

Outside of that, all he can do is keep having his people get louder and louder about wanting to be a Laker and hope that the Sixers decide they don't want a guy who doesn't want them.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram fits the team needs better than Simmons does.

he is a good 3 pt shooter and he can defend well.

plus Simmons plays the same position as Randle even though they list him as a SF, whereas Ingram is a natural 3.

however, I would not be surprised to see Philly take Ingram because they already have enough bigs. they can use Ingram to space the floor and open things up for the bigs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Simmons or Randle was a reliable perimeter shooter, they could be used together. Unfortunately, Randle is shaky at best and Simmons completely avoided the perimeter at LSU. It would be interesting to see Simmons' passing ability at forward, along with two point/combo guards in Russell and Clarkson playing together. That would really allow for a lot of ball movement that Walton is likely to want.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In recent years the traditional lineup has changed dramatically in the NBA. I could easily see something like:

F - Randle
F - Simmons
F - DeRozan
G - Clarkson
G - Russell

Alternatively the other option could be:

C - Whiteside
F - Randle
F - Ingram
G - Clarkson
G - Russell

Either one is exciting though

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Lakers have no plans in trading the pick. Is this a ruse or are they going to take one of the two top players?

Mitch Kupchak says the Lakers do not plan to trade the second overall pick

I heard an excerpt from an interview with him this morning. What I gathered from what he said is that, as of now, they have no plans to trade the pick. However, he also said that he expects that he will eventually touch bases with every other GM in the league, whether they contact him or he contacts them, and that he will listen to offers.

In short, it sounded like he will practice due diligence as he always does and if an offer is made that makes sense, he may jump on it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In recent years the traditional lineup has changed dramatically in the NBA. I could easily see something like:

F - Randle
F - Simmons
F - DeRozan
G - Clarkson
G - Russell

C - Whiteside
F - Randle
F - Ingram
G - Clarkson
G - Russell

I think either roster looks good. I'm not as high on DeRozan as I was before the playoffs started. I think I'd rather see the Lakers go after Harrison Barnes if they are going to go with a 3 forward lineup.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

F - Randle
F - Simmons
F - DeRozan
G - Clarkson
G - Russell

C - Whiteside
F - Randle
F - Ingram
G - Clarkson
G - Russell

Not a big fan of that first lineup, as your three forwards can't really space the floor as none of them are reliable perimeter shooters. That's not going to work in a Warriors style offense.