• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lincoln Riley to USC

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Would Someone leave a good job in the NFL to go back?
Yeah, I think the 'good' makes a lot of difference there. Saban was stuck on a team in a talent blackhole, with a management that didn't want to do what it took to win. That's the scenario you don't want. Figured he could go to Bama and recruit his way out of such things.

Kingsbury seems to be in a better situation. Don't see why he's want to leave the league. NFL coach is elite in the profession.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is USC. It's not in Oklahoma and he only needs to lock up Cali recruiting. Pete Carroll USC teams were on par with Nick Saban's Bama. That's how good USC could be. Insane ceiling.
They've had some good recruiting classes at USCw the last 10 years, maybe 1-2 down years. I guess Riley thinks he sees a missing variable there.

I do agree with an earlier observation it won't be as tough a sledding, conference-wise, if he can get the projected talent differential.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think the 'good' makes a lot of difference there. Saban was stuck on a team in a talent blackhole, with a management that didn't want to do what it took to win. That's the scenario you don't want. Figured he could go to Bama and recruit his way out of such things.

Kingsbury seems to be in a better situation. Don't see why he's want to leave the league. NFL coach is elite in the profession.

It's like I was to saying to Caliskin.

Let's be realistic....

Your 9-2.

The Coach of one of the Sexyist teams in the NFL.

You have a Dynisty in the Making..............

WHY :clap: WOULD :clap: YOU :clap: WANT :clap: TO :clap: LEAVE :clap: IT :clap: ?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So winning the Conference Title every year from 2015-2020 isn't dominating the Conference?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope USC fans / alumn realize this is going to be a 2 year rebuild. Don't expect microwave results.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope USC fans / alumn realize this is going to be a 2 year rebuild. Don't expect microwave results.
Just getting Todd Orlando the hell out of there will improve the defense incrementally. But no one is fooled. Work to do…

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he wasn't happy when the administration announced that OU was joining the SEC
Understandably so…..

He knew it was going to be extremely hard to win in that conference. I’m going to lmao at OU and tx when they slide into perpetual mediocrity every year……

This is a great move by him. Great resources, facilities, brand name.