• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just got the IPhone 4 anything you can tell me about it

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Droid X is a model of phone. It has nothing to do with the Razr, or the Razr Maxx.

Jesus christ forgive me. As I said, you know what I am talking about. The RAZR MAXX was far more fragile than an iphone

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...way to start the paragraph objectively

LOL, maybe not but it is true. It would be like someone saying "The ford 302 is better than BMW". You would probably have a brain cramp trying to figure out how an engine is better than a line of cars. Same thing here. How is an OS better or worse than a phone?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the best of my knowledge, you can't do that on an iPhone. Do they allow apps that install free ringtones now? In the past, they haven't.

The app I have works with my itunes and does everything for free and I've had it for probably 2 years (since I got an iphone), dont know how long it was available before that

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average user can easily DL and install free ringtones directly from an Android. No need to plug it into anything. (I use Zedge)

To the best of my knowledge, you can't do that on an iPhone. Do they allow apps that install free ringtones now? In the past, they haven't.

You can install or rip your own in about 10 seconds. You haven't touched an iphone in a while, I'm guessing iOS 3. You used to not be able to change things like SMS and email alerts, and getting a ringtone created was kind of a pain. now you can modify any tone you want, and ringtones are very easy to create.

iOS used to piss me off with the walls they put up. Now it is a little better. I still wish for things like a bluetooth slider on the main screen so I don't have to go into settings. But it will get there.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, maybe not but it is true. It would be like someone saying "The ford 302 is better than BMW". You would probably have a brain cramp trying to figure out how an engine is better than a line of cars. Same thing here. How is an OS better or worse than a phone?

right but your arguement of how bad android must be if there are so many releases would only make sense if ios was still on v. 1.0

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Razor doesn't have Siri. Razor is fail.

i use voice commands on my razr all the time and never have to repeat myself....try asking siri to navigate somewhere real quick

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://mashable.com/2012/05/16/android-fragmentation-graphic/

android-fragmentation-640.jpg

android-device-fragmentation-640.jpg

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OpenSignalMaps - Android Fragmentation Visualized

apparently, the Nexus is the one to get:

http://lifehacker.com/5924547/frustrated-by-android-fragmentation-just-buy-the-nexus-already

Unfortunately, Android is different. With Android, you have multiple manufacturers taking Android, tweaking it with their own UIs and editing it to fit a ton of different devices. The problem is, those devices don't get software updates as soon as Google releases them, and in a lot of cases, they don't get them at all. Android manufacturers have gotten worse at keeping up with updates over the past year, too. Only 50% of you even have Ice Cream Sandwich—even less if you discount custom ROMs—and Jelly Bean is already out in the wild.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mo_Cutter

'Member 34-13, Taters?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol...does anybody even use that crap?

ME: "Siri, which Hooplans use crappy outdated electronical products?"

SIRI: "Mo, I believe you are referring to DP_Broncos and Clyde_Carbon."

ME: "Thank you, Siri. I love you."

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but that's what google was going for....

way to go google

"The problem is, those devices don't get software updates as soon as Google releases them, and in a lot of cases, they don't get them at all."

if pushing more iterations of stagnant junk out there was their goal, they succeeded

(i'm not trashing Android with that statement, simply all of the crap phones that are not the three or so good ones)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i use voice commands on my razr all the time and never have to repeat myself....try asking siri to navigate somewhere real quick

I did, and she asked if I wanted to search the web for "navigate somewhere real quick".

What does your android do?

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus christ forgive me. As I said, you know what I am talking about. The RAZR MAXX was far more fragile than an iphone

You sure it was the Razr Maxx, and not just the Razr? I have the Maxx, there's nothing fragile about it.

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can install or rip your own in about 10 seconds. You haven't touched an iphone in a while, I'm guessing iOS 3. You used to not be able to change things like SMS and email alerts, and getting a ringtone created was kind of a pain. now you can modify any tone you want, and ringtones are very easy to create.

iOS used to piss me off with the walls they put up. Now it is a little better. I still wish for things like a bluetooth slider on the main screen so I don't have to go into settings. But it will get there.

I have an iPhone 4 :) Didn't bother to do much with it since it was a temporary situation until I could use my Android again.