• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just got the IPhone 4 anything you can tell me about it

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like the Walkie Talkie, get Voxer. I use it to talk to my sis in Germany.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as playing with others in games

-Words with Friends
-Draw Something

both good if you know someone else with these apps as you can play scrabble and pictionary with them.

Hanging with Friends is pretty fun as well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Weather Channel app sucks now with their most recent update. Always crashes or doesnt load properly.

troof

Here in DFW there is a local news station that has a really good weather app. Fox 4's "Wapp" Weather App is pretty slick. Not sure it has info for other parts of the state/country.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like the Walkie Talkie, get Voxer. I use it to talk to my sis in Germany.

don't know if its on iphone....but TiKL is good too...it all depends on what your friends have

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, it's a good one. My parents use Tango instead of Skype. I didn't like the iPhone skype app, but Tango works pretty well. Facetime is still way better, but only helps if you are calling another iPhone.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appshopper is better than searching through the App Store

(has a wish list function and will tell you when the apps on your wish list go on sale)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how big of a microsd card can you put in your iphone?
how is firefox?
how is flash video ?
how is the back button ?
how is email notification ?
how is setting default apps ?

:pound:

Safari's browser works perfectly fine for me.

SkyFire works excellent, as well as most videos on the internet worth watching, have already been optimized to work fine on iOS devices.

Wtf do I need a back button for? I have a home button that works perfectly fine.

My email notifications are better than any of my friends' android phones.

I don't even know what you're talking about here. But all of my sports, news and social networking apps work 10x better than my friends' android phones.

So... yea. Have fun with your glitchy POS.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SkyFire works excellent, as well as most videos on the internet worth watching, have already been optimized to work fine on iOS devices.

Wtf do I need a back button for? I have a home button that works perfectly fine.

I don't even know what you're talking about here. But all of my sports, news and social networking apps work 10x better than my friends' android phones.

glitchy?

my razr works great...email push is outstanding
all of my sports/networking/news comes in without flaw
back button is really pretty useful
using flash directly is still better than running a bass-ackwards third party solution

i like my iopd touch for listening to music....but for everything else i prefer android...does this somehow make me a bad person?

if you prefer ios that's your prerogative...why all the haterade?

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also firefox on android sucks....that's not a good argument in favor of android, loc

Mo_Cutter

'Member 34-13, Taters?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Rep on all points made here.

I've had both and my iPhone 4GS is the best smart phone ever made.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glitchy?

my razr works great...email push is outstanding
all of my sports/networking/news comes in without flaw
back button is really pretty useful
using flash directly is still better than running a bass-ackwards third party solution

i like my iopd touch for listening to music....but for everything else i prefer android...does this somehow make me a bad person?

if you prefer ios that's your prerogative...why all the haterade?

Umm... Look at the top part of my post. And yes, I prefer iOS. The only thing I like about Android phones is the ability to download songs on the spot for free. But I already own most of the music I want to, so that means nothing. My iPhone has never crashed, whereas many of my friends with android phones programs crash all the time. I dunno, maybe I just got a damn good one, and all my friends just got lemons for androids, but that would be a pretty big coincidence.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm... Look at the top part of my post. And yes, I prefer iOS. The only thing I like about Android phones is the ability to download songs on the spot for free. But I already own most of the music I want to, so that means nothing. My iPhone has never crashed, whereas many of my friends with android phones programs crash all the time. I dunno, maybe I just got a damn good one, and all my friends just got lemons for androids, but that would be a pretty big coincidence.

i'm just saying that my experience is 180º from yours :noidea:

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No coincidence. With an iphone, you have one...single...option. The hardware and software is proprietary, and rigid. There are very few options for customization.

iPhones just work. Like their Mac counterparts, they are (no haterade here, just spelling it like it see it) "dumbed down for the masses". And that's why they are so successful with their products. Anyone can use them with little to no previous experience. I'd buy my grandma a Mac or iPad before a PC just for the ease of use.

Androids are the complete opposite. They are highly customizable out of the box. You don't like the messaging system? Replace it. Don't like the keyboard? Replace it. Don't like the MMS/SMS system? Replace it. Every subsystem on the phone can be replaced. Nothing on the iPhone can be replaced.

Don't want to pay for ringtones? Want free music? Android is the way to go.

Want to be forced into a niche and have a bulletproof phone? Go Team iPhone!