• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just got the IPhone 4 anything you can tell me about it

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is does every other iPhone have a cracked screen?

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:)

meh, when i've absolutely needed to see some flash, i just use iSwifter

and:

Adobe on Wednesday said it will no longer push its Flash software format for use in the browser programs that come with smartphones and tablet computers. Instead, Adobe will increase its support for HTML5

Adobe Drops Flash for Phones, in Reversal - WSJ.com

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friends and I use Find my Friends all the time. Amazon has a bar code scanner as part of their app where you can see what something costs on Amazon before purchasing at a store. Wayz is a good app for GPS, I use Voxer a decent amount, and as was said before, RedBox has a good app.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friends and I use Find my Friends all the time. Amazon has a bar code scanner as part of their app where you can see what something costs on Amazon before purchasing at a store. Wayz is a good app for GPS, I use Voxer a decent amount, and as was said before, RedBox has a good app.

Yeah that barcode scanner is cool, but if salesmen see you they will get pissed. Mainly an issue if you are at a mom and pop type store

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he did wait for the iPhone 5 that comes out in October or November, whenever it is. It's not like he'd actually get it then. people are probably already lined up at Apple stores waiting for the new iPhone.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camera+ is ok. The facebook app - I rarely use fb on the PC anymore (that timeline shit is stupid). The flashlight is nice - you need to download the app to run it (did on mine - it didn't come pre-installed).

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apps I use.

-Twitter ( a must to follow immediate up to date sports new)

-PWTorch, pro wrestling insider and play by play of Live events

-MMATorch MMA news

-Stockfish (chess app)

-Urbanspoon (food finder)

-Wikipanion (wikipedia, I read this almost on a nightly basis)

-Red Box is a good one if you rent from there

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The home button eventually stops working, it's annoying as fuck and also literally two hours ago the top button jammed on me. :mad2:

Anyway, the kindle and netflix apps are awesome if you know anyone with accounts, as you can use their accounts and get their books for free and also netflix for free.

Pandora is also a must have app IMO.

The Google Maps GPS has never led me wrong...and I use it all the time FWTW.

Jailbreaking it is not worth it, makes your phone all glitchy...

How's this for a google maps fail: driving through Wyoming and gmaps sends me on 120...about 10 miles of it under construction. Which is Wyoming for "we decided to strip all the pavement so enjoy the dirt road". Lol at the abuse that rental rv took.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best touch screen on the market. Outside of that i like droids better...a ton more flexibility for a little less cash. However, since all my phones have a high affinity for water i cant bitch about either. They both sink like a rock.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apps I use.

-Twitter ( a must to follow immediate up to date sports new)

-PWTorch, pro wrestling insider and play by play of Live events

-MMATorch MMA news

-Stockfish (chess app)

-Urbanspoon (food finder)

-Wikipanion (wikipedia, I read this almost on a nightly basis)

-Red Box is a good one if you rent from there

I didn't know about Stockfish or Wikipanion, OD - rep when reloaded.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best touch screen on the market. Outside of that i like droids better...a ton more flexibility for a little less cash. However, since all my phones have a high affinity for water i cant bitch about either. They both sink like a rock.

Which is why you go with Applecare for the iPhone. As long as you can recover it, you can get a new one for $50 no questions asked :)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know about Stockfish or Wikipanion, OD - rep when reloaded.

Wikipanion is awesome because it is just an easy tool to access Wikipedia and it has everything for free. If you want to pay you can access the wikipedia database offline, but my phone is always connected to internet so no need to pay.

Stockfish is a GREAT chess app. Adjust playing strength, you can upload games to PGN format, even analysis games for you as well. Amazing that it is free.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's this for a google maps fail: driving through Wyoming and gmaps sends me on 120...about 10 miles of it under construction. Which is Wyoming for "we decided to strip all the pavement so enjoy the dirt road". Lol at the abuse that rental rv took.

HAHA!! Sucka!!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wikipanion is awesome because it is just an easy tool to access Wikipedia and it has everything for free. If you want to pay you can access the wikipedia database offline, but my phone is always connected to internet so no need to pay.

Stockfish is a GREAT chess app. Adjust playing strength, you can upload games to PGN format, even analysis games for you as well. Amazing that it is free.

I'll have to check out Wikipanion. I have just the Wikipedia app right now. It is free, but maybe your app is easier to use.

As for games, I've been playing that Stupid Zombies lately. I played Air Wings for a few days, but got tired. It is really fun at first, then wears on you. Flick Homerun is always a fun time waster, and if you have a group of guys you work or hang out with then check out Galcon. It is a fun little game that you can battle friends nearby.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as playing with others in games

-Words with Friends
-Draw Something

both good if you know someone else with these apps as you can play scrabble and pictionary with them.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as weather apps go...i have been liking weatherwise...hands down the most beautiful weather display available

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as weather apps go...i have been liking weatherwise...hands down the most beautiful weather display available

The Weather Channel app sucks now with their most recent update. Always crashes or doesnt load properly.