• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical: Butler to Boston Trade

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler needs another great "go to offensive player' To play with.. Celtics don't have one.

I thought the mars mission was not until 2025....where you posting from?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the kings move up for Ball?

C's could get 2 guys they really should get (Tatum/Isaac and Collins the Zaga version) and stick it the Lakers all at the same time.
I'd be happy to trade 5, 10, and maybe a guy like Kosta to help Bostons rebounding, but if they move up to 1 it should be for Fultz. I think he's better and would rather have him over Lonzo and that dad of his. Seeing Lavar's reaction to his son going to Sacramento instead of LA would be hilarious though. All that said, Boston trading that pick without getting a superstar caliber player in return would shock me.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be down to trade 5, 10, and maybe a guy like Kosta to help Bostons rebounding, but if they move up to 1 it should be for Fultz. I think he's better and would rather have him over Lonzo and that dad of his. Seeing Lavar's reaction to his son going to Sacramento instead of LA would be hilarious though. All that said, Boston trading that pick without getting a superstar caliber player in return would shock me.

Well if you're a Pelton guy (like I am) you know that Collins is his #2 rated rookie....behind Ball.

So if the C's aren't gonna take ball, trading out and getting 2 of the top 5 or 6 upsides in the draft works for me.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you're a Pelton guy (like I am) you know that Collins is his #2 rated rookie....behind Ball.

So if the C's aren't gonna take ball, trading out and getting 2 of the top 5 or 6 upsides in the draft works for me.
I like Collins and could see the Kings taking him 10th if they keep both picks, and Ball's passing ability would do wonders for guys like Buddy, Skal, and WCS. I'd be happy with Ball or Fultz on the Kings, but know it's unlikely they make a move to get one. Getting 2 top 10's this year and probably a top 5 next year could get them into the playoff mix by 2019.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Celtics I do this with the #1 pick. They're a great team but can be a contending team with a Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Collins and could see the Kings taking him 10th if they keep both picks, and Ball's passing ability would do wonders for guys like Buddy, Skal, and WCS. I'd be happy with Ball or Fultz on the Kings, but know it's unlikely they make a move to get one. Getting 2 top 10's this year and probably a top 5 next year could get them into the playoff mix by 2019.

I think if you guys walked away with a guy like D'Aron Fox and Zack Collins, that would be a heck of a haul. I think Collins is being severely underrated.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you guys walked away with a guy like D'Aron Fox and Zack Collins, that would be a heck of a haul. I think Collins is being severely underrated.

Collins upside I think is a better Cody Zeller. That's not a knock at all. Zeller had a pretty decent year and is getting better. Collins I think has better range and perimeter game, but Zeller has a better mid-range and can score better on the interior. Defensively Collins looks like he could be a pretty decent rim protector and rebounder too.

I think Collins could be a solid starter, but I don't see much more from him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins upside I think is a better Cody Zeller. That's not a knock at all. Zeller had a pretty decent year and is getting better. Collins I think has better range and perimeter game, but Zeller has a better mid-range and can score better on the interior. Defensively Collins looks like he could be a pretty decent rim protector and rebounder too.

I think Collins could be a solid starter, but I don't see much more from him.

I think Zeller is a good comp, in the sense they are similar players, but I think Collins is a much better prospect, despite Zeller going 4th overall. I think maybe a good comp would be Deandre Jordan only with an offensive skill set, and not quite as athletic. I think Collins can every bit as good of a rebounder and rim protector Jordan can. My main concern with him is learning how to play defense without fouling.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zeller is a good comp, in the sense they are similar players, but I think Collins is a much better prospect, despite Zeller going 4th overall. I think maybe a good comp would be Deandre Jordan only with an offensive skill set, and not quite as athletic. I think Collins can every bit as good of a rebounder and rim protector Jordan can. My main concern with him is learning how to play defense without fouling.

Yeah Collins for me is hard to project. For me, outside of Fultz and Ball, I think Malik Monk has the best chance of being a true superstar. If I'm the 76ers I would strongly consider him at 3.

Other guys I really like are Bam Adebayo. I think he's Clint Capela 2.0. He's projected in the 20's last I saw, so whoever gets him I think will get a steal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward to Boston seems like the worst kept secret in the NBA......Him and Brad Stevens have a bromance going, makes so much sense

Which is why they shouldn't trade the pick for Butler.

Fultz, IT, Horford, Hayward makes a really strong core. Adding Butler does not put them on the level of Cleveland or GS, IMO. I think you will see them building with the idea of being good now, but great in 2-3 years. I would rather have Hayward and Fultz than Butler.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Collins for me is hard to project. For me, outside of Fultz and Ball, I think Malik Monk has the best chance of being a true superstar. If I'm the 76ers I would strongly consider him at 3.
Other guys I really like are Bam Adebayo. I think he's Clint Capela 2.0. He's projected in the 20's last I saw, so whoever gets him I think will get a steal.

I agree -- I kind of like Monk at the 3. If he is the best outside shooter -- that is really what Sixers need.

I'm not a Sixer fan -- but it would have been interesting if the balls dropped differently and they got something like one of the top 3 -- then something like 6-7. They could have take Fultz/Ball/Fox -- then Monk -- and that would be their backcourt for next 8 years.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only downside on Collins is the Kings have WCS, Skal, and PapaG there as young bigs already, not that he can't compete with or even pass some of them on the depth chart. SF would make more sense but Isaac, Tatum, and Jackson could all be gone by 10 if they draft Fox. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to either move up a few spots from 10th to get one of them or trade the pick to somebody who really wants Collins.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way, no how that I would ever trade this pick for Jimmy Butler. The Bulls blew their chance and thank god it did not turn out this way. Their may only be two or three players I would consider, starting with the big guy in New Orleans. I would give next years pick and Rozier, but that is it.

This #1 slot changes everything

3 players?

Starting with AD?

Should start with KAT before Davis lmao

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wic Grousbec (Celtics Owner) says that the Celtics will NOT trade the #1 pick unless some team "Blows Us Away" with an offer.

Butler.................Chicago had a chance to deal him before the deadline to the Celtics. They got greedy and it went to hell in a heartbeat. Ainge isn't going to revisit another shitstorm.

George...............Openly stated to the media that he will finish out his contract and go home to LA. What don't you understand about that? Home to L.A......nuff said.

Melo...................Celtics have absolutely no interest in an old, selfish shooter who can't play defense and won't mix it up for a rebound.

What I do see happening is the Celtics and Sixers working a deal.

Celtics send the #1, Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley to the Sixers for
#3, Joel Embiid and Dario Saric.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers will take Ball, Lakers will trade the #2 to Indianapolis for Paul George, Indy will select Fultz and the Celtics will draft Josh Jackson.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the top pick as more valuable than a proven star in his prime.
It seems simple to me, 1 for 1. The only caveat is contract maneuvering, it might make sense for Boston to include a contracted player to clear space.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wic Grousbec (Celtics Owner) says that the Celtics will NOT trade the #1 pick unless some team "Blows Us Away" with an offer.

Butler.................Chicago had a chance to deal him before the deadline to the Celtics. They got greedy and it went to hell in a heartbeat. Ainge isn't going to revisit another shitstorm.

George...............Openly stated to the media that he will finish out his contract and go home to LA. What don't you understand about that? Home to L.A......nuff said.

Melo...................Celtics have absolutely no interest in an old, selfish shooter who can't play defense and won't mix it up for a rebound.

What I do see happening is the Celtics and Sixers working

Celtics send the #1, Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley to the Sixers fo

That would weaken Boston's backcourt too much in my opinion. Losing both Smart and Bradley would be putting a lot of faith in a single rookie. I'd give up one or the other, not both.

Reactions: DJ

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sold on Collins, he's a typical 10 to 15 guy from what I see.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers will take Ball, Lakers will trade the #2 to Indianapolis for Paul George, Indy will select Fultz and the Celtics will draft Josh Jackson.

Jackson makes sense for Boston given their current roster. They would be silly to not at least look to work the leverage they have at #1 though. If they could flip with #2 or #3 and gain something while still getting Jackson, why wouldn't they make a move ?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I do see happening is the Celtics and Sixers working a deal.

Celtics send the #1, Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley to the Sixers for

Do you honestly believe the 6ers would trade All that to move up 2 spots?

LOL.

That deal is probably bad for both sides.