• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical: Butler to Boston Trade

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid will not be the best, not even the top center. He might be very good though, but he's completely unproven.
I agree you don't sell him short now though.

Weird how you predict that he won't be the best or even a top center but then say that he's unproven as a reason. If he's unproven how do you know that he won't be a top center? If you watched him play, I'm surprised that you would say so definitely that he won't be good.

A shot blocking, rebounding 7 footer with a 3 point shot isn't something you see everyday.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird how you predict that he won't be the best or even a top center but then say that he's unproven as a reason. If he's unproven how do you know that he won't be a top center? If you watched him play, I'm surprised that you would say so definitely that he won't be good.

A shot blocking, rebounding 7 footer with a 3 point shot isn't something you see everyday.

He will not be as good as Towns or Davis.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will not be as good as Towns or Davis.

How do you know this? I'm not saying he will be better. I'm just curious how you know he won't be as good as them?

He averaged 20 and 8 with 2.5 blks per game as a rookie. That's not terrible.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know this? I'm not saying he will be better. I'm just curious how you know he won't be as good as them?

In 25 minutes per game. He'd never be able to sustain his per-36 numbers, but they're off the charts.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 25 minutes per game. He'd never be able to sustain his per-36 numbers, but they're off the charts.
Agreed.

You can certainly argue he is unproven. But people were talking about him being an all-start in early feb before he was hurt.

If he will only be on a minutes limitation that will probably limit his potential but that is far from certain to be the case.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wic Grousbec (Celtics Owner) says that the Celtics will NOT trade the #1 pick unless some team "Blows Us Away" with an offer.

Butler.................Chicago had a chance to deal him before the deadline to the Celtics. They got greedy and it went to hell in a heartbeat. Ainge isn't going to revisit another shitstorm.

George...............Openly stated to the media that he will finish out his contract and go home to LA. What don't you understand about that? Home to L.A......nuff said.

Melo...................Celtics have absolutely no interest in an old, selfish shooter who can't play defense and won't mix it up for a rebound.

What I do see happening is the Celtics and Sixers working a deal.

Celtics send the #1, Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley to the Sixers for
#3, Joel Embiid and Dario Saric.

Embiid is more valuable than the #1 pick.
#3 is more valuable than Bradley.
Dario is more valuable than Marcus Smart.

The 76ers would spend about 10 seconds laughing about this and then never think about it again.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about defense. Butler is one of the few guys that can give Lebron a hard time. No not stop him but he can D his ass up about has good as anyone

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

You can certainly argue he is unproven. But people were talking about him being an all-start in early feb before he was hurt.

If he will only be on a minutes limitation that will probably limit his potential but that is far from certain to be the case.

He has already come out and said that the plan is for him to have no minutes restrictions and to play back-to-backs in 2017-2018. He and the 76ers medical staff haven't seen eye-to-eye on everything, though, so we'll see.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're correct, it's just my opinion.
He does have the tools to be great, but Towns IS great and he's started every game of his NBA career. Davis has the best combination of offense and defense to come along since Shaq was young, those are high bars to clear.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about defense. Butler is one of the few guys that can give Lebron a hard time. No not stop him but he can D his ass up about has good as anyone

Butler is the whole package now. 25 pts a game with game changing defense PLUS rebounds and assist.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already come out and said that the plan is for him to have no minutes restrictions and to play back-to-backs in 2017-2018. He and the 76ers medical staff haven't seen eye-to-eye on everything, though, so we'll see.

Management would be foolish to take short term risk with him.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first off I haven't really offered any tangible deal between the Sixers and the Celtics. IF the Sixers wanted Fultz and IF the Celtics were interesting in possibly trading the #1 then I think there are ways that a trade would come through.

IMO, what might make the most sense for the Celts is to trade down, get some assets from the Sixers then trade the #3 to get PG13 or Butler.

The truth is that the Celts don't need Fultz. They DO need a front court presence. Based purely on need they would be better off drafting Josh Jackson than Fultz. So even if we table a secondary trade, would the Celtics be better off drafting Fultz or drafting Josh Jackson and getting a future #1 pick?

I think a 3-team trade might be the most likely. But really, how likely is that?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler has all the tools to be the best in the world but his attitude will prevent him from being such. In that respect, I think hes more fit to be a 2nd fiddle than a lead dog.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler has all the tools to be the best in the world but his attitude will prevent him from being such. In that respect, I think hes more fit to be a 2nd fiddle than a lead dog.

Thomas is Boston's lead dog, Butler would just need to give what he did this season to move Boston into the true elite class.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 3-team trade might be the most likely. But really, how likely is that?

Ainge is bold and he sees at least as much as we do. Horford is key, he only has a few seasons at the level he is now. If Boston is going to win a title with this nucleus, they need to add a key player who will perform sooner than later. A rookie MAY come through, but it's always questionable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I highly doubt anything happens. I was more spit balling a possible trade that could work if all teams were interested.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge is bold and he sees at least as much as we do. Horford is key, he only has a few seasons at the level he is now. If Boston is going to win a title with this nucleus, they need to add a key player who will perform sooner than later. A rookie MAY come through, but it's always questionable.

I honestly don't think Boston thinks they can win any time in the next 2-3 seasons (barring injuries.)

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Boston thinks they can win any time in the next 2-3 seasons (barring injuries.)

I think Ainge is looking for the final piece. The roster is mature, they won't be better in 2 or 3 years without adding to it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid will not be the best, not even the top center. He might be very good though, but he's completely unproven.
I agree you don't sell him short now though.

Point on!! Embiid's biggest drawback is his inability to stay healthy. They're still talking about the possibility that he may need more medical attention and some people wonder if he'll be able to start next season. I don't follow the Sixers very closely at all and have no idea if it's just someone pushing a story or if it has legs. Embiid has the size and tools to be very good and possibly dominant. Does Philly have the coaching staff to help him use everything he has???

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid is more valuable than the #1 pick.
#3 is more valuable than Bradley.
Dario is more valuable than Marcus Smart.

The 76ers would spend about 10 seconds laughing about this and then never think about it again.

There may be a trade to be made between Philly and Boston, but Embiid won't be part of it.
The only way The 76ers would consider moving him would be if they knew something health wise they weren't sharing. He'd have to have critical permanent damage. Dario is another story, he might have a price tag.