• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how Houston is going to be a great team for 3-4 years with CP3 at 34, but LeBron is about to fall off a cliff any minute because he'll be 34 in December.
do the Lakers have James Harden too? ya know the leagues reigning MVP? or Clint Capela?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do the Lakers have James Harden too? ya know the leagues reigning MVP? or Clint Capela?

No, but they have several good young players.

You were the one playing the IF game regarding LeBron turning 34 and falling apart and the Lakers being nothing.

If CP3 gets injured, Houston wouldn't get anywhere either. And CP3 has a history of injuries, LeBron does not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its completely 100% ridiculous for you to charecterize my position as "LeBron's decline is imminent" when I said the exact opposite. Thats some major fucking horseshit and you know it.

It is completely 100% ridiculous for you to:

1) get this upset over 1 general line in a post aimed at "you all". You first want to back up Dorian in post #245. He isn't just talking about LeBron not winning another title. He also said LeBron isn't a top 10 player at the moment. He said LeBron isn't worth a max contract. He doesn't believe LeBron is a top 12 player all time, which are all mind numbingly stupid takes.

2) you made it seem like my MJ comparison was outlandish because of the mileage. Name another player who was the best in the NBA at age 34? It is a pretty short list.

Best advice I ever got as a kid was to be careful about the company I kept. Because if you associate with people who are doing stupid things and getting themselves in trouble, you tend to get in trouble too. You willingly chose to back @DorianRo AND attack my post which argues the same point you claim to believe.

So you are either playing both sides so you can't be wrong, or you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Either way, I'm not the little bitch here. And I think you know it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You were the one playing the IF game regarding LeBron turning 34 and falling apart and the Lakers being nothing.

If CP3 gets injured, Houston wouldn't get anywhere either. And CP3 has a history of injuries, LeBron does not.

Yeah.

Houston is defintely better this season barring injury.

After this year?

Very good chance LA catches and passes them depending on who they are able to sign next summer. The consistent theme in Wiggy's posts are that he assumes since the Lakers don't have a championship caliber roster this season that they never will because of LeBron's age and mileage.

But, if he actually believes LeBron will be, or even can be the best player in the league for the next 2 years and an allstar caliber player in the West for at least 2 years beyond that, it is pretty silly to rule the Lakers out for the duration of his time there.

Next summer could get really crazy. There is a decent chance LA enters the season as Vegas title favorites IF they sign a FA like Kawhi AND KD leaves GS. Both are quite possible.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOOM SHAKA LAKA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better because he would be playing with another All-Star and have a lot more spacing on the floor and that everytime he has gone to a new situation there has been a period of adjustment where his team has struggled.

Come on wiggy answer the question. You didn't give a %, why not?:heh:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it... Lakers fans are excited. Leave it to a Celtics fan to provide some balance. :D

The Lakers were a bad basketball team last season. Let me say that again another way: all these guy you speak of combined to form the nucleus of a bad team just one season ago.

Don't get me wrong... some of them put up some stats last season, especially in flashes. But let's not forget that the Lakers under Walton play in a friendly offense that runs at a brisk pace...

... the scoring didn't equal success, though.

Of course things will get better in the upcoming with the addition of the best player in the game. But c'mon... reading the OP one might think the Lakers have one of the very best teams in basketball.

They don't. It's gonna be a process.

I look at that Portland team outside of lilalrd, they got the 3 seed.

Now look at that laker team with Lebron.

I’ve seen more surprising things in the nba before

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id say 80%

That's a fair #. We all know that Father Time's undefeated but I don't see his game taking a big step back this year. Which is kinda scary for all the mileage he has. You know I'm not a Cavs fan or even a LeBron fan for that matter but he's the best all around player I've ever seen. And just like all the greats (fuck kobe!) I like watching him play. Too bad he's wearing the worst colors in the league now.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at that Portland team outside of lilalrd, they got the 3 seed.

Now look at that laker team with Lebron.

I’ve seen more surprising things in the nba before

Exactly.

Lilliard is great and all but c'mon we all know James is a better player.....

James and the rest of the roster could be 3rd in the WC.....and i shouldn' surprise anybody.

They also could be a 5 or 6 seed. But, I'm leaning towards top 3 right now.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Lilliard is great and all but c'mon we all know James is a better player.....

James and the rest of the roster could be 3rd in the WC.....and i shouldn' surprise anybody.

They also could be a 5 or 6 seed. But, I'm leaning towards top 3 right now.

I tend to be more conservative so I'm gonna say the 5, but 4/5 is a toss up for me.

With a competent GM Minnesota would be the easy 3 and a legit threat in the WC.

Instead, they're kind of meh.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out 101 college games for Jordan.
hmmm something tells me playing against 19 year olds once or twice a week is not QUITE the same as against grown men on an NBA schedule---- but yes--- make some allowance for 101 college games if you want to get technical---- but then also make some allowance for the many more Olmypic Games LeBron has played if you really want to get into the weeds. lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm something tells me playing against 19 year olds once or twice a week is not QUITE the same as against grown men on an NBA schedule---- but yes--- make some allowance for 101 college games if you want to get technical---- but then also make some allowance for the many more Olmypic Games LeBron has played if you really want to get into the weeds. lol.

They all add up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming health, I'd personally be very surprised if they missed the playoffs.

Because LeBron is just too good. That's the main reason.

Even if one is big on the West being a 'super tough' conference, LeBron trumps that.

The article makes some interesting points.

First off the projections for the Lakers are, so far, between 41.5 wins and 48.5 wins. 41.5 is likely too low unless Lebron misses significant time. But if we look at Vegas'(48.5) number then missing the playoffs is a very real possibility. The 8th seed last year was a 47 win team. So if the Lakers underachieve a little from the vegas lines, 2 games, then they miss the playoffs. It's not exactly an earth shattering event.