• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....one guy that went to college for a couple years AND took 3 years off in the middle of his career

please dont be stupid---- at age 34 Jordan had about a million less miles than LeBron does/will. You know that, and I know that.

LeBron has already far surpassed the amount of games and amount of minutes that Jordan played by a long shot.

And while MJ never slept, with countless late night spent gambling followed by early morning golf before
His workouts, LeBron spends millions keeping himself in shape.

Until LeBron actually starts showing obvious signs of decline, you all really need to stop acting like it is eminent.

Because I for one won't be surprised if he is still a top 5-10 player at 38, just as MJ probably would have been. LeBron's mental game is off the charts and he is so strong he doesn't need really rely on his speed much anymore.

Generational talents don't decline at the same rate as mere mortals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see what is so controversial here and has gotten your panties in such a bunch.

If someone asked me who I think the best player in the world will be this upcoming season it would easily easily be LeBron- but that certainly does not mean there is a 100% chance he will be.

It wasn't a 100% chance last year. Many were predicting last year as the time either Kawhi or KD passed him. It didn't happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while MJ never slept, with countless late night spent gambling followed by early morning golf before

Until LeBron actually starts showing obvious signs of decline, you all really need to stop acting like it is eminent.

Because I for one won't be surprised if he is still a top 5-10 player at 38, just as MJ probably would have been. LeBron's mental game is off the charts and he is so strong he doesn't need really rely on his speed much anymore.

Acting like its imminent? LOL where do you get this shit?

I just said if I had to pick a guy who will be the best player in the NBA over the next 2 seasons - it would EASILY be LeBron- not just individually- but against the entire NBA field.

This year I would say about 70% LeBron, 15% Durant, 15% Davis....next year considering it will be his age 35 season and that it has never happened before id STILL take LeBron even odds against the entire NBA field.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

Michael Jordan games played (regular season and playoff) entering his age 34 season: 1006

LeBron James games played (regular season and playoff) entering his age 34 season: 1382

A difference of 376 games, or almost 5 whole NBA seasons. Think about that- almost 5 extra whole NBA seasons.

LeBron James Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Michael Jordan Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

I know all that.

It doesn't change what I see when I watch him play.

MJ wasn't the best player in the late 90s because of his athleticism, it was his skill and his mental game. In theory, LeBron should be able to play at an elite level longer than MJ because of his size.

Perhaps the mileage makes LeBron more likely to sustain a major injury, but that is the only way I foresee a major decline in the next 3-4 years. He is a freak of nature.

Reactions: DJ

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acting like its imminent? LOL where do you get this shit?

I just said if I had to pick a guy who will be the best player in the NBA over the next 2 seasons - it would EASILY be LeBron- not just individually- but against the entire NBA field.

This year I would say about 70% LeBron, 15% Durant, 15% Davis....next year considering it will be his age 35 season and that it has never happened before id STILL take LeBron even odds against the entire NBA field.

You did.

And then you posted a bunch of reasons completely contradicting your claim.

I am saying he will be among the super elite players (1-4 best). If you agree with me, then why are you arguing?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory, LeBron should be able to play at an elite level longer than MJ because of his size.
Theoretically... shouldn't LeBron's weight be a greater strain on his joints and such over time?

Just speaking theoretically... I don't disagree with you that LeBron is a freak and hasn't shown any decline yet... in great part because he obviously puts a tremendous amount of work and care into his body.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron probably has TWO years at best of end of prime ball. Maybe not even that long. Problem is. The Warriors (Maybe the Rockets.. Maybe) got the next 3-4 championships all sewn up.

Regardless of Lebron MIGHT be still the best in the NBA the next 2 seasons (I don't think he is now to be honest), he has shown he can't win 'ships without a host of legit all-stars/HOFers around so unless.:

A. The Lakers expedite their team to becoming a crew of All Stars in one season. They are done

B. They can somehow scam other teams by giving them their young undeveloped Trash for all stars in their prime now...

Good luck with that. And to top it off at Mentioned Lebron is going on 34. A heavy decline is imminent. Happens to everyone around 34-35. Injuries will soon rear their ugly head as well.

Lebron was better off staying in the East probably. Riding those Weak Eastern Conference paths to the finals to where he has a puncher's chance in the finals against the Rockets or Warriors. Now he's gonna have to deal them early on

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see what is so controversial here and has gotten your panties in such a bunch.

If someone asked me who I think the best player in the world will be this upcoming season it would easily easily be LeBron- but that certainly does not mean there is a 100% chance he will be.
It's not controversial it's hilarious. If he was still a Cav you best believe you'd be 100% sure.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron probably has TWO years at best of end of prime ball. Maybe not even that long. Problem is. The Warriors (Maybe the Rockets.. Maybe) got the next 3-4 championships all sewn up.

Regardless of Lebron MIGHT be still the best in the NBA the next 2 seasons (I don't think he is now to be honest), he has shown he can't win 'ships without a host of legit all-stars/HOFers around so unless.:

A. The Lakers expedite their team to becoming a crew of All Stars in one season. They are done

B. They can somehow scam other teams by giving them their young undeveloped Trash for all stars in their prime now...

Good luck with that. And to top it off at Mentioned Lebron is going on 34. A heavy decline is imminent. Happens to everyone around 34-35. Injuries will soon rear their ugly head as well.

Lebron was better off staying in the East probably. Riding those Weak Eastern Conference paths to the finals to where he has a puncher's chance in the finals against the Rockets or Warriors. Now he's gonna have to deal them early on
Back tracking? You called him a has been last night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did.

And then you posted a bunch of reasons completely contradicting your claim.

I am saying he will be among the super elite players (1-4 best). If you agree with me, then why are you arguing?
your the little bitch that said I said I was "acting like his decline was imminent" when I was saying the exact opposite. I have said the same thing forever- if I had to pick who the best plare in the NBA is for the next 2 seasons its LeBron and I dont even think twice about it. I take him against the entire field this year and maybe even next year--- i am just saying that its far from guaranteed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your the little bitch that said I said I was "acting like his decline was imminent" when I was saying the exact opposite. I have said the same thing forever- if I had to pick who the best plare in the NBA is for the next 2 seasons its LeBron and I dont even think twice about it. I take him against the entire field this year and maybe even next year--- i am just saying that its far from guaranteed.

Little bitch?

You are the one who can't have a conversation on here without name calling and getting all pissy.

I made a MJ comparison, which supports the argument you claim. You replied with LOL and listed your BS reasons why it was a bad comparison (which it most defintely wasn't).

So why would you belittle my comparison and talk about all of LeBron's mileage?

It is simple. You are playing both sides.

Yes, I quoted you, but I said "you all" because there are a decent number of people here (not you) who think he is about to fall off a cliff just because he is 34.

So take a damn chill pill, and calm yourself if you want to have a basketball conversation. Otherwise, GTFO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bitch?

You are the one who can't have a conversation on here without name calling and getting all pissy.

I made a MJ comparison, which supports the argument you claim. You replied with LOL and listed your BS reasons why it was a bad comparison (which it most defintely wasn't).

Yes, I quoted you, but I said "you all" because there are a decent number of people here (not you) who think he is about to fall off a cliff just because he is 34.

So take a damn chill pill, and calm yourself if you want to have a basketball conversation. Otherwise, GTFO.
its completely 100% ridiculous for you to charecterize my position as "LeBron's decline is imminent" when I said the exact opposite. Thats some major fucking horseshit and you know it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bitch?

He's straddling the fence hardcore.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its completely 100% ridiculous for you to charecterize my position as "LeBron's decline is imminent" when I said the exact opposite. Thats some major fucking horseshit and you know it.
Dorian said James is a has been and you were defending him.

LOL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's straddling the fence hardcore.

giphy.gif

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorian's tone here might be a lil aggressive but i dont see how the content is wrong.

LeBron will be 34 in December and I dont see the Warriors becoming anything less than the favorite for the next 3-4 years even if they do lose Draymond or Klay. With Paul, Harden and Capela all signed up for at least the next 3-4 years I dont see how Houston becomes anything less than a great team. The nuggets have a ton of talent and are a rising team.

What did Dorian say in his post?

LeBron is now out there in the West where the quality is- thats true

He is going to have a tough road to the Finals- much tougher than he has faced in the last 8 years

If i had to bet whether LEBron wins a championship in LA considering he will be 34 in December, and the Rockets and Warriors and all the other teams in the West- if i had a gun to my head I would definitely have to say NO.

he said the West is much tougher than the East and its unlikely LeBron wins another championship. There is absolutely nothing crazy about that statement.

for the Lakers to contend for a championship a ton of things need to happen- the young guys need to be more than just good role players- they have to become high level starters. They have to sign a high level free agent. LeBron has to stay healthy. Every IF that you add just reduces the chances.

Love how Houston is going to be a great team for 3-4 years with CP3 at 34, but LeBron is about to fall off a cliff any minute because he'll be 34 in December.