• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawkeyes 2013-2014 BB thread

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shame, his dad was SUCH a stud for Iowa back in the day. Greg at 6'10, Michael Payne at 6'11 and Brad Lohaus at 7'0 all starting, I can say with confidence you'll never see that again at Iowa or probably anywhere else.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Michigan's team is getting gutted with all the early entries, I expect McGary to go as well, then you have MSU who is losing guys as well, I am going with Wisconsin as the best team in the league for right now, with Iowa should be in top 3 if they get it together

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm resigning from the predicting business, especially when it comes to Iowa. "Should" win comes out of my piehole far too often when it comes to the Hawks.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going on this article alone for now: College players leaving early for the NBA Draft - CBSSports.com

But the B10 has 5 guys on the list with more expected...Wisconsin is getting Dekker and Kaminsky back, which is why I have them doing well, they lose a couple guys...but similar to Iowa, the seniors were key but they have the pieces to step up and do well. Michigan is getting gutted, MSU is not far behind with their early guys and seniors, be an interesting year next year

UCLA has 3 guys on this list so will be interesting to see how good of a coach Alford is out there with a new team

Last edited by a moderator:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan's McGary was out with a back injury (I thought). If it was his back, no way he leaves early for the NBA -- too much of an injury risk. I don't see McGary leaving early...but doesn't mean he won't declare. If he enters without signing with an agent, he'll be back.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Michigan, unless guys pull out of the draft, is going to be decimated, Horford gone, McGary gone, Stauskas gone, Robinson gone, MSU Harris gone, Payne and Appling gone to graduation...I think Illinois will be better next year and so will Nebraska, but still see Iowa top 3 with Wisconsin being the best team.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm...first Atwood, now Huff...wonder what the heck is going on that these guys do not want to come to Iowa...McDermott the player is gone, I am not sure how Creighton will do now in the Big East, but maybe Huff just didn't see playing time with the guys...a bit worried too over the Jok thing, I know, I know, kids are going to drink, but this day and age you just can't, it's stupid and something stupid will happen

Still I would take the Jok thing over Jameis Winston stealing food from the grocery store any day, that was ridiculous, um yeah I forgot to pay, what a crock.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now news that the B10 tourney will be played in Washington DC in 2017...money money money...screw the teams like Iowa and Nebraska that have a fan base that is at least 900 miles away, the good thing about having it in Chicago or Indy is that it was in driving distance from all B10 schools...til now, Maryland and Rutgers...ugh

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now news that the B10 tourney will be played in Washington DC in 2017...money money money...screw the teams like Iowa and Nebraska that have a fan base that is at least 900 miles away, the good thing about having it in Chicago or Indy is that it was in driving distance from all B10 schools...til now, Maryland and Rutgers...ugh

Driving to Indy from NJ or MD really isn't much farther than driving to Indy from Lincoln..

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only saving grace is that flying in to DC should be easy, but say you used to drive from Lincoln or Minneapolis to Indy...not too bad, can't really drive to DC in a day

Fran is for it though, it might help in recruiting, who knows...and I think they said they were going to rotate, so it will be in Chicago/Indy 3/4 in the time and DC every so often

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
picked up a nice commitment today from Tennessee Mr Bball Andrew Fleming, future is continuing to look bright

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a nice commitment!! However, looks like the kid is transferring to Mouth of Wilson for his senior season. So, Iowa doesn't get many Mouth of Wilson players...so I'm hoping a bigger-name school doesn't sweep in and get him to de-comit.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently he is on the AAU circuit and said he will try to recruit some big men, would be very cool to have him get a teammate at Oak Hill to come and we get a pipeline going, major league program there, we do need the big men big brick shithouse guys who you aren't just going to move around

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye,

How many scholarships does Fran have for that class? Anyone know??

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Hawkeye.

Everyone here the latest about Tyler Sash getting tased in Oskaloosa? CBSsports.com has run the story.