• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #76 Avs v.s no more 3 point game Sharks 7:30pm

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritari posted this on the NHL board and I thought I'd share. It turns out, we did better than I thought! I must have missed a few goals...

Screen_Shot_2012_03_27_at_1_08_08_AM.png

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only remaining question is... what is sjrules going to bitch about when he gets back home from the game (presumably)?

Even Moore was a +1 tonight.

Anyway, I'm dead tired so good night.

PS. Holy shit, how did Couture manage to finish with a -1 rating?

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't look like McGinn factored in any of the goals against directly (I did only see the replay on one of them).

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't look like McGinn factored in any of the goals against directly (I did only see the replay of one of them).

Yeah, +/- is such a shitty stat...

I don't recall him being horribly out of position or doing anything stupid on any of the goals. /shrug

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ritari posted this on the NHL board and I thought I'd share. It turns out, we did better than I thought! I must have missed a few goals...

Screen_Shot_2012_03_27_at_1_08_08_AM.png

LOL not only is the score wrong, but what does "Eight" have to do with anything?

edit: oh right, Pavs...but that's not even Pavs in the picture.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL not only is the score wrong, but what does "Eight" have to do with anything?

edit: oh right, Pavs...but that's not even Pavs in the picture.

I thought it was because LA's loss put us into the #8 seed. They didn't even factor in that our win bumped us to #3.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now go beat a shit out the Ducks!!!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that headline as a lame attempt at "Shark Bait" but yeah, who the hell knows...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got back from the game (thanks rares, you presumed right)...

no bitching... ok, clowe sucked and havlat's backchecking and 3rd man high positioning was shit... ok I had to...

Now, on to the good stuff:

1. A goal... from the 3rd line... a plus! wow! they had one very hairy shift early in the game when the avs had a nice clear cross ice look, nemo cut it off and they almost scored on the bank job. Other than that, a solid game from line 3.

2. Little joe. What can you say...

3. Best player on the ice IMO? Desi. That man was a fucking beast tonight, the GWG was nice but he also hit a clear post, was awesome in all 3 zones, but especially hard on the forecheck and used his size and strength perfectly. Reminded me tonight of a younger clowey. Loved his play!

The difference tonight was the bottom 6, but this time in a good way. If they dont score, its 1-1 going into the 3rd and if they go minus, the sharks lose this game. The top six won 2-1, as usual (not including the ENG), but the bottom 6 won 2-0, and THAT is the key that I've been waiting for over the last month and a half. Hats off to the bottom six for showing up and carrying their weight.

on a side note, nemo was very solid in net, which is real nice to see, and it's much much easier for him to have a nice lead for a large part of the game. He could finally relax and ease into the 2nd half of the game.

Overall, a great effort from all four lines ( well, line 2 was so so), and the D. yay!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was interested in McGinn's -4 as well.

Goal 1: McGinn was briefly part of a board battle but the puck squirted away from him and the play went to his weak side. He originally could have come down further to help, but not his fault he didn't.

Goal2: McGinn was looking at an open Desjardin in the slot but did not go lower in the zone to cover him. Coaches order to stay near the point? Perhaps, but McGinn perhaps should have abandoned his assignment to cover a much more dangerous Dessie open in the slot.

Goal3: Mitchell was McGinn's guy I believe. McGinn makes contact with Mitchell by touching sticks in the slot. McGinn allows Mitchell to slowly drift away and Mitchell gets two swipes at the puck while McGinn guards air. Watch at how much time went between Mitchell's first and second shot. Mithcell scored on the 2nd shot. McGinn might have thought coverage was passed off to #54.

Goal4: EN

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I couldn't see ginner on each goal, but clearly it was a bad bad day for him... maybe its something about HP pavilion? 3 of 4 lines scored on his so it's not like it was matchups or anything.

Clearly, the sharks looked like the winners on that deal, even if just for a day.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to post that as saying McGinn sucks or anything. Just that I remember him as a player that struggled with D zone coverage. If he can get that part of his game squared away he'd be twice the player he is now. He has the tenacity, he just needs to be well coached to harness all those physical tools.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't mean to post that as saying McGinn sucks or anything. Just that I remember him as a player that struggled with D zone coverage. If he can get that part of his game squared away he'd be twice the player he is now. He has the tenacity, he just needs to be well coached to harness all those physical tools.

He obviously had a terrible game this time around, though not too many avs had particularly good games. He has still been pretty good overall for the avs and has only been a minus player in 3 of the 14 games he's played with colorado, and has 2 GWG and the key GTG that got them a point vs. vancouver last game. In fact I think he has 2 or 3 super clutch late goals.

They are 7-5-2 with him in the lineup, but compare that to their previous 11 games when they were 3-8-1 or going back another 7 games, they were 6-11-3 in their previous 18 before the deal. Ginner helped them at least contend for a PO spot. He has probably been the best, or at least top 3 in the avs lineup since his arrival.

He can still get better, but then again he's only 23 years old. He's shown some star potential...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now go beat a shit out the Ducks!!!

Definitely!!!
I'm driving down to Anaheim tomorrow with my daughters, and we are going to the game. We have really good seats......Looking forward to it.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Braun should have been one of the three stars. He played a tremendous game on both sides of the puck. IMO he was the best dman on the ice for either team.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Braun should have been one of the three stars. He played a tremendous game on both sides of the puck. IMO he was the best dman on the ice for either team.

hard to argue... He would have been the #4 star, without question. He has developed his defensive game really nicely since his most recent call up. He seems to be a solid guy now... I would still love for him to recover the offensive side of his game though he did jump up a bit. I just would prefer he doesnt go the way of pickles who was big jr's producer and then became a great defender but zilcho on the other half of the red line. Braun was big producer in college, and I would just hope he can translate that like a shattenkirk-type guy.

that said, I'd rather he play good D and less O, than be all O and no D, which obviously doesnt work too well.

p.s.: Murray may be the #1 worst skater in the entire NHL. he had one jump up in the Offensive zone and it looked like a little 10 year old trying to skate for the first time. I've never seen something so ugly.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hard to argue... He would have been the #4 star, without question. He has developed his defensive game really nicely since his most recent call up. He seems to be a solid guy now... I would still love for him to recover the offensive side of his game though he did jump up a bit. I just would prefer he doesnt go the way of pickles who was big jr's producer and then became a great defender but zilcho on the other half of the red line. Braun was big producer in college, and I would just hope he can translate that like a shattenkirk-type guy.

that said, I'd rather he play good D and less O, than be all O and no D, which obviously doesnt work too well.

p.s.: Murray may be the #1 worst skater in the entire NHL. he had one jump up in the Offensive zone and it looked like a little 10 year old trying to skate for the first time. I've never seen something so ugly.

ok, maybe a big 10 year old :-)

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks. There's nothing to bitch about when the Sharks win.