• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 NE Patriots @ Vikings Thursday 11/24/2022 8:20 PM FOX

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not exactly fair to blame special teams. We know missed calls are part of the game, but they can't miss that one on Duggar. That leaves the blocked punt gaff and some poor punts by a replacement punter who probably was verbally cut before he hit the showers.

With replay being so efficient now, why don't they allow reviews for flagrant fouls, especially on TDs and turnovers? It changed the game.
You just listed multiple gaffes by the Special Teams... it's totally fair to put alot of the blame on them.

I've been the biggest Folk supporter here. Without a doubt. But watching that kick return for a TD and his piss poor attempt at a tackle made me sick. You're a man Folk! Make a damn attempt. I now have officially pulled my backing for him being team MVP. Grow some balls you pussy.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those play calls at the end are bonafide Fat Pat playbook. Horrible. Mac had a good game. Loss is not on him.

Agreed about the play calling. Not sure WTF was up with that.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did look better, albiet against the 18th ranked D.

Still takes too many sacks and looks his RBs/WRs down on those passes behind the LOS.

Agholor still Sucks.

Oline played better today but it wasn't enough.

I was hammered when I wrote that so let me clarify. Mac Jones does not appear to have the tools to overcome adversity. When we desperately needed a TD he came up empty again. I know there’s lots of blame to go around but coming up empty is a staple of Mac Jones.

Don’t see this team making the playoffs now. Last night was probably our easiest remaining game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just listed multiple gaffes by the Special Teams... it's totally fair to put alot of the blame on them.

I've been the biggest Folk supporter here. Without a doubt. But watching that kick return for a TD and his piss poor attempt at a tackle made me sick. You're a man Folk! Make a damn attempt. I now have officially pulled my backing for him being team MVP. Grow some balls you pussy.
I can't disagree, but through the years Folk has very limited experience with kickoff coverage. This would be immediately forgotten if he misses that tackle and the hold was called.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hammered when I wrote that so let me clarify. Mac Jones does not appear to have the tools to overcome adversity. When we desperately needed a TD he came up empty again. I know there’s lots of blame to go around but coming up empty is a staple of Mac Jones.

Don’t see this team making the playoffs now. Last night was probably our easiest remaining game.
How did he come up empty?

First trip to Red Zone Matty P calls some kind of stretch draw play then what appeared to be a TE Jet sweep. The one play that worked on that trip was the pass from Jones. Then Henry loses control of the ball, Agohlor can't pull in a pass I feel was a tad overthrown but had he kept his feet and ran through the play vs laying out he may have caught that.

People have been acting like Jones is the issue he played a great game yesterday, he's not Tom Brady but no one is. Far as I am concerned Matt P has no business at all on this team, none.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First trip to Red Zone Matty P calls some kind of stretch draw play then what appeared to be a TE Jet sweep. The one play that worked on that trip was the pass from Jones. Then Henry loses control of the ball, Agohlor can't pull in a pass I feel was a tad overthrown but had he kept his feet and ran through the play vs laying out he may have caught that.

People have been acting like Jones is the issue he played a great game yesterday, he's not Tom Brady but no one is. Far as I am concerned Matt P has no business at all on this team, none.

I finally see what you’re saying about fat Mat. There were some calls yesterday near the red zone that I just couldn’t understand why the play was called.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally see what you’re saying about fat Mat. There were some calls yesterday near the red zone that I just couldn’t understand why the play was called.
Yep at least he did attempt to correct the O Line woes by adding extra blocking TEs. Mac has made mistakes too but it's year two there is still some learning. At least last night he was getting rid of the ball. ie throwing it away

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End of the game we need a touchdown and couldn’t get one.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Later in the drive, the pocket began to splinter around Mac Jones, and rather than throwing the ball away, the second-year quarterback slid down. Belichick had to burn his final timeout and booted a ball on the sideline in frustration.”

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots declared RB Kevin Harris, C David Andrews, CB Shaun Wade, S Joshuah Bledsoe, DT Sam Roberts, and OT Isaiah Wynn inactive for Week 12 against the Vikings.​

Harris isn't needed with both Rhamondre Stevenson and Damien Harris healthy for this game. The Patriots head into Thanksgiving night relatively healthy for their showdown with the Vikings.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that call but I get it. Have to maintain control through the catch, he did not sucks but I think they got got right. Seems to me if the ball passes the plain of the goal line play should be dead at that point, maintain the ball should only be true in field of play.
He did maintain the ball through the catch.
Rules were changed off-season to simplify what is a catch. Ref's did not follow new rules.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that rule about maintaining control after hitting the ground.

If the ball pops out, sure but Henry never losses control. He still maintains possession.
The rule was rewritten in 2018.
It was a touchdown in 2022 that was negated by an outdated rule.

Because...Patriots.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This loss is strictly on the refs and New York. Mac had a very good game. Almost 400 yards. 2 TD's and zero interceptions. Strong Jr....... nice knowing ya.
Hunter Henry TD.
PI in the End Zone.
Holding Dugger, amongst others.
Face mask on Mac.
Vikes Oline holding all night.

Convince me I'm wrong...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that call but I get it. Have to maintain control through the catch, he did not sucks but I think they got got right. Seems to me if the ball passes the plain of the goal line play should be dead at that point, maintain the ball should only be true in field of play.
The NFL eliminated "Surviving the ground" in the requirements for a catch back in 2018;
Added to the rule was "Movement of the ball does not mean loss of control"
He had control, crossed the goal line, maintainted control as he hit the ground though the ball moved a bit, continued to maintain control.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus we have 10 draft picks at this moment.
Star On Fox Jahil Rivera GIF by STAR

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All 100% correct.

Except Henry maintained control.