• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 NE Patriots @ Vikings Thursday 11/24/2022 8:20 PM FOX

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did maintain the ball through the catch.
Rules were changed off-season to simplify what is a catch. Ref's did not follow new rules.

Paramount Network Winner Winner Chicken Dinner GIF by Yellowstone

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Later in the drive, the pocket began to splinter around Mac Jones, and rather than throwing the ball away, the second-year quarterback slid down. Belichick had to burn his final timeout and booted a ball on the sideline in frustration.”
Henry was also to blame on that drive by not getting out of bounds when he cleary could. That looked like he was a rookie.

Just too many mistakes by the entire team. So unBB like.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Later in the drive, the pocket began to splinter around Mac Jones, and rather than throwing the ball away, the second-year quarterback slid down. Belichick had to burn his final timeout and booted a ball on the sideline in frustration.”
Yeah that is youth but insinuating this loss is on Mac is asinine and obtuse. He did his job all game we lost because 1. Patricia can't call a game, 2, Undisciplined football ies penalties, 3. Oddly enough defense and our inability to stop their passing game 4. ST breakdown. Putting any of this on Mac by anyone just shows that at this point they refuse to see what is really going on with this team

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did maintain the ball through the catch.
Rules were changed off-season to simplify what is a catch. Ref's did not follow new rules.

I can't argue they got it right or wrong only what the call was. The ball does roll on his chest if that's what they saw then that's what they call. If we got screwed oh well, shit happens, to all teams, bad calls happen

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter Henry TD.
PI in the End Zone.
Holding Dugger, amongst others.
Face mask on Mac.
Vikes Oline holding all night.

Convince me I'm wrong...
Why try you don't listen anyway.

Honestly the whole the refs or NY are out to screw the Pats is just dumb. Refs miss calls it happens

Henry did indeed lose control the ball clearly rolls on his chest I have to assume that is what the ref saw. I will agree that perhaps he based his call in the writing of the old rule. I doubt the NFL will make a comment on this.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL eliminated "Surviving the ground" in the requirements for a catch back in 2018;
Added to the rule was "Movement of the ball does not mean loss of control"
He had control, crossed the goal line, maintainted control as he hit the ground though the ball moved a bit, continued to maintain control.
I guess the definition of "maintains control" might be an issue since the ball was out of his grasp but with 0% chance of ever being lost since it's completely cradled. Under the old rules it's an automatic drop.

I swear this issue remains unclear so the league can "decide on the spot" to sway a given game. Go back to the Pats and Eagles SB when Ertz (I think it was Ertz or another TE) caught a TD that had consistently been ruled incomplete all year. To me, you look at replay in slo-mo to see if anything egregious is there, then you go back to game speed and if it looks like a catch then it's a catch.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why try you don't listen anyway.

Honestly the whole the refs or NY are out to screw the Pats is just dumb. Refs miss calls it happens

Henry did indeed lose control the ball clearly rolls on his chest I have to assume that is what the ref saw. I will agree that perhaps he based his call in the writing of the old rule. I doubt the NFL will make a comment on this.
Oh, I'll listen, but your argument lost steam already. The ball never rolled across his chest. He had it outstretched across the goal line.

Yes, missed calls happen all game every game. Almost impossible to see things though other bodies in the chaos etc. Holding being a super easy one to miss.
But it seems they missed Oline holding on the Vikes, but not the Pats.
Ref was staring straight at Bourne getting PI'd in the endzone.
Ref was staring straight at Duggar getting held.
Overturning the TD on a rule change from 4 years ago? I'll try to find the Kelce TD where he completely lost control of the ball and it rolled across the goal line and they called TD. And it stood.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'll listen, but your argument lost steam already. The ball never rolled across his chest. He had it outstretched across the goal line.

Yes, missed calls happen all game every game. Almost impossible to see things though other bodies in the chaos etc. Holding being a super easy one to miss.
But it seems they missed Oline holding on the Vikes, but not the Pats.
Ref was staring straight at Bourne getting PI'd in the endzone.
Ref was staring straight at Duggar getting held.
Overturning the TD on a rule change from 4 years ago? I'll try to find the Kelce TD where he completely lost control of the ball and it rolled across the goal line and they called TD. And it stood.
See!

The ball did roll across his chest, you are already avoiding the truth

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the definition of "maintains control" might be an issue since the ball was out of his grasp but with 0% chance of ever being lost since it's completely cradled. Under the old rules it's an automatic drop.

I swear this issue remains unclear so the league can "decide on the spot" to sway a given game. Go back to the Pats and Eagles SB when Ertz (I think it was Ertz or another TE) caught a TD that had consistently been ruled incomplete all year. To me, you look at replay in slo-mo to see if anything egregious is there, then you go back to game speed and if it looks like a catch then it's a catch.
I invite you to review post #102.
At which point it's a TD. Whatever happens after that is moot.

Unless New York is involved. Then the ambiguous wording is utilized.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I re watched and AFTER he scored the TD he continued to roll and brought the ball back to his chest where he continued to maintain control...
Where he regained control that is the point. Look be as obtuse as you want he did lose control your inability to accept that does not make it otherwise

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And...Walt Anderson refers to "Surviving the ground" which was the specific verbiage that was eliminated from the rule.
He states people refer to it as surviving the ground. Read it again.

No never mind like I said from the outset you don't listen

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• 1669485993876.png
    1669485993876.png
    845.6 KB · Views: 0

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He states people refer to it as surviving the ground. Read it again.

No never mind like I said from the outset you don't listen
You're not making good arguments.

Even in the article you provided
"Henry appeared to have two hands on the ball, and after the review, it looked like his hands were underneath the ball."
But, the officials saw it differently and overturned the on-field ruling