• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 NE Patriots @ Vikings Thursday 11/24/2022 8:20 PM FOX

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a guy paid to know and interpret the rules versus a dude on a message board? Yeah sure I am the one with the issue here. LMAO
No issues man. I see it more as different opinions. Don’t care what the main ref said. Lets look ahead to Bills game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is that Henry had possession when he caught it. He was over the goal line and if he had tucked in the ball, it would have been a TD. Then he turned and extended the ball over the goal line. TD #2. Then he allowed the ball to be dislodged from his hand and recaught the ball. The league rules consider this loss of control, even though he maintained possession when the ball became semi-airborne.

Supposedly, this rule is in effect if a RB extends over the goal line and the ball bounces out of his hands, even if he re-catches the ball.

The third case I asked about is when a QB does a sneak, extends the ball over the gosal line. If a defender rips the ball free, why is it a TD? This is where the rules go to shit. The QB protection rule then bends the possession rule to "protect" the QB and allows the TD even though he lost possession and control.

I agree that the league needs to uncomplicate the rules and stop going to replays on 35% of the plays. Kind of get back to the high school level of officiating and let the game be called as well as possible on the field and use replay for challenges.

I also think that Henry should have just pulled the ball into his gut and let the replay call the TD and if he was short, then BB could have decided whether or not to go for the TD or kick the FG from the half inch line.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used the verbiage as reference to how people use the term, how people relate to it. The VP of officiating has made it clear the call was correct but fans here cannot accept it. It's the typical blind homerism Patriot fans are famous for. I truly do not feel there are a bigger bunch of whiners on this board.

This is very much like the tuck rule the rest of the world saw a fumble the refs by letter of the law made the correct call. No one here is arguing the letter of the law they insist it was a catch and it was not by letter of the law. The league made this no clearer with the rewording of the rule the issue is the leagues in ability to write the rules in a clear a precise manner. Seems to me it would be simple enough to include on passing plays like running plays "If the ball crosses the plain of the goal TD play is over". Had that been written in none of us are debating this.
Let's admit to what we are: I'm a homer and you are a troll.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is that Henry had possession when he caught it. He was over the goal line and if he had tucked in the ball, it would have been a TD. Then he turned and extended the ball over the goal line. TD #2. Then he allowed the ball to be dislodged from his hand and recaught the ball. The league rules consider this loss of control, even though he maintained possession when the ball became semi-airborne.

Supposedly, this rule is in effect if a RB extends over the goal line and the ball bounces out of his hands, even if he re-catches the ball.

The third case I asked about is when a QB does a sneak, extends the ball over the gosal line. If a defender rips the ball free, why is it a TD? This is where the rules go to shit. The QB protection rule then bends the possession rule to "protect" the QB and allows the TD even though he lost possession and control.

I agree that the league needs to uncomplicate the rules and stop going to replays on 35% of the plays. Kind of get back to the high school level of officiating and let the game be called as well as possible on the field and use replay for challenges.

I also think that Henry should have just pulled the ball into his gut and let the replay call the TD and if he was short, then BB could have decided whether or not to go for the TD or kick the FG from the half inch line.
I feel dumber for reading this. A runner or QB has possession so crossing the goal line immediately results a td, immediately. A receiver must possess the ball before any result can begin.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's admit to what we are: I'm a homer and you are a troll.
I am hardly a troll, and if that's how you feel fine I don't really care. I was merely pointing out the VP of officiating stated why it was not a catch. I do feel it should have counted but accept that it did not. Does it suck? Yeah! But in the end the rules are the rules and the league seems unable to write clear and precise rules.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how the game turned out almost from that prediction. LOL The offense almost looked decent and the D couldn't stop the Vikings.

Yep... Ugh! Jones actually had a solid game and the defense (Special Teams) F it all up!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... Ugh! Jones actually had a solid game and the defense (Special Teams) F it all up!
And Matty P still sucks too, so at least that remained predictable

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Matty P still sucks too, so at least that remained predictable

That he most certainly does but at least the offense showed some sort of life, whether Matty P had anything to do with that remains unclear

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he most certainly does but at least the offense showed some sort of life, whether Matty P had anything to do with that remains unclear
I am sure he had something to do with the success of the offensive. I do feel it's only fair we give credit where credit is due. But jeepers we really need to consider how piss poor he is in the RZ.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he had something to do with the success of the offensive. I do feel it's only fair we give credit where credit is due. But jeepers we really need to consider how piss poor he is in the RZ.

Could Jones be pulling a Brady and changing the plays up? Saying, "I'll do this myself?" Or do you think Jones is really following Matty P and only occasionally changing the plays?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Jones be pulling a Brady and changing the plays up? Saying, "I'll do this myself?" Or do you think Jones is really following Matty P and only occasionally changing the plays?
Not sure BB trusts a 2nd year QB to change calls. I am sure there are situation where he audibles the frequency is what I question. IMO it could not hurt.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure BB trusts a 2nd year QB to change calls. I am sure there are situation where he audibles the frequency is what I question. IMO it could not hurt.

Oh I am sure BB doesn't trust Jones to do that, doesn't mean Jones doesn't do it anyway. He did come from a Nick Saban offense so it's not like he can't do it

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hardly a troll, and if that's how you feel fine I don't really care. I was merely pointing out the VP of officiating stated why it was not a catch. I do feel it should have counted but accept that it did not. Does it suck? Yeah! But in the end the rules are the rules and the league seems unable to write clear and precise rules.
I agree with this.

And if it were not for all the other "missed" calls I would be ok with it as well.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Facts about the Patriots against the Vikings

FOURTH QUARTER:

0 Points
16 Plays
89 Yards
2 Punts

2 Plays of more than 3 yards

Say what you will. This team cannot beat any team that "wants" to win the game. For all of the good that was in the game, they cannot finish and did not finish this one.

Poor coaching and a worse performance when performance was required..

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FOURTH QUARTER:

0 Points
16 Plays
89 Yards
2 Punts

Say what you will. This team cannot beat any team that "wants" to win the game. For all of the good that was in the game, they cannot finish and did not finish this one.

Well fuck.... at least we've played 6 games where the other team didn't "want to win." Thank God they are all quiters and are only in it for the paycheck.

You say the dumbest shit I've ever read.... EVER. I tell myself to block you but I can't because I look forward to laughing at the crap you spew.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FOURTH QUARTER:

0 Points
16 Plays
89 Yards
2 Punts

More bullshit. Go to the play by play in the 4th quarter

18 yards
14 yards
40 yards
3 yards
17 yards
23 yards

ALL PLAYS IN THE 4TH QUARTER!!!!!!!

DO YOUR DAMN HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FOURTH QUARTER:

0 Points
16 Plays
89 Yards
2 Punts

More bullshit. Go to the play by play in the 4th quarter

18 yards
14 yards
40 yards
3 yards
17 yards
23 yards

ALL PLAYS IN THE 4TH QUARTER!!!!!!!

DO YOUR DAMN HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!
@cheerupcharlie , you are better than this. You know for god sure he meant OTHER than those plays you listed.