• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 NE Patriots @ Vikings Thursday 11/24/2022 8:20 PM FOX

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He states people refer to it as surviving the ground. Read it again.

No never mind like I said from the outset you don't listen
All good!!

Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter’s hand was always under it. Did the ball touch the ground? Maybe, but the ball is not moving when that happens. He bobbles it a bit after lifting hand from the ground.

Like the Edelman catch in SB. Has his hand under the ball at all times, but Edelman’s was in open field. Hunter crossing EZ. 100% that’s a catch if not in EZ.

Stupid rule but that is what it looks like this is. The other crap the main ref is saying is BS.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter’s hand was always under it. Did the ball touch the ground? Maybe, but the ball is not moving when that happens. He bobbles it a bit after lifting hand from the ground.

Like the Edelman catch in SB. Has his hand under the ball at all times, but Edelman’s was in open field. Hunter crossing EZ. 100% that’s a catch if not in EZ.

Stupid rule but that is what it looks like this is. The other crap the main ref is saying is BS.
I see the head of officiating clearly explains why it was not a catch but certain Patriots fan know more. Hmm there is a word for that. Reminds of the Simpsons, what's that damn word?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the head of officiating clearly explains why it was not a catch but certain Patriots fan know more. Hmm there is a word for that. Reminds of the Simpsons, what's that damn word?
You show your MO with this statement, your desire to agitate. It has been clearly shown that his statement reflects the verbiage from the rules prior to 2018. He used and emphasized the term "surviving the ground" which is no longer a thing. If possession is deemed then the ground does not matter. The only two questions here is whether he had possession prior to the ball striking the ground and if not, when he hit the ground did the ground jar the ball loose.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The exact same play happened last week against the Packers. My brother was in hysterics because it happened to the Pats.

Here's the problem. The ball crossed the goal line. According to the rules, the play is over. Controlling the ball has become the issue. Did the ground cause the ball to be dislodged? The argument becomes this: If a QB reaches the ball across the goal line and a defender slaps it out, did he have control? If the QB is awarded the TD, why isn't a receiver in control of the ball awarded a TD the minute the ball crosses the goal?

Two teams were denied victory by the same call after the ball crossed the goal line.

What the fuck is a touchdown?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You show your MO with this statement, your desire to agitate. It has been clearly shown that his statement reflects the verbiage from the rules prior to 2018. He used and emphasized the term "surviving the ground" which is no longer a thing. If possession is deemed then the ground does not matter. The only two questions here is whether he had possession prior to the ball striking the ground and if not, when he hit the ground did the ground jar the ball loose.
He used the verbiage as reference to how people use the term, how people relate to it. The VP of officiating has made it clear the call was correct but fans here cannot accept it. It's the typical blind homerism Patriot fans are famous for. I truly do not feel there are a bigger bunch of whiners on this board.

This is very much like the tuck rule the rest of the world saw a fumble the refs by letter of the law made the correct call. No one here is arguing the letter of the law they insist it was a catch and it was not by letter of the law. The league made this no clearer with the rewording of the rule the issue is the leagues in ability to write the rules in a clear a precise manner. Seems to me it would be simple enough to include on passing plays like running plays "If the ball crosses the plain of the goal TD play is over". Had that been written in none of us are debating this.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The exact same play happened last week against the Packers. My brother was in hysterics because it happened to the Pats.

Here's the problem. The ball crossed the goal line. According to the rules, the play is over. Controlling the ball has become the issue. Did the ground cause the ball to be dislodged? The argument becomes this: If a QB reaches the ball across the goal line and a defender slaps it out, did he have control? If the QB is awarded the TD, why isn't a receiver in control of the ball awarded a TD the minute the ball crosses the goal?

Two teams were denied victory by the same call after the ball crossed the goal line.

Issue with this statement is that running plays and passing plays are not treated the same. There is no surviving the ground on run plays. Again as I posted a minute ago it's the leagues inability to write clear and precise rules, they over complicate shit.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool that you believe that following blindly whatever some jackass in some office with a big title says is the bible. Good for you. I stand by what I said. Bad call. Stupid rule. Sorry it upsets you so much.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Issue with this statement is that running plays and passing plays are not treated the same. There is no surviving the ground on run plays. Again as I posted a minute ago it's the leagues inability to write clear and precise rules, they over complicate shit.
Exactly and that is why we are entitled to our opinions, and do not need to swallow whatever garbage happens.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He used the verbiage as reference to how people use the term, how people relate to it. The VP of officiating has made it clear the call was correct but fans here cannot accept it. It's the typical blind homerism Patriot fans are famous for. I truly do not feel there are a bigger bunch of whiners on this board.

This is very much like the tuck rule the rest of the world saw a fumble the refs by letter of the law made the correct call. No one here is arguing the letter of the law they insist it was a catch and it was not by letter of the law. The league made this no clearer with the rewording of the rule the issue is the leagues in ability to write the rules in a clear a precise manner. Seems to me it would be simple enough to include on passing plays like running plays "If the ball crosses the plain of the goal TD play is over". Had that been written in none of us are debating this.
Believe what you want man. Funny that you take one play, a bad call, some opinions, and somehow turn that into “whiners on this board.” Good for you if that makes you feel better. On to the Bills.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what you want man. Funny that you take one play, a bad call, some opinions, and somehow turn that into “whiners on this board.” Good for you if that makes you feel better. On to the Bills.
It's not a matter of making me or you feel any kind of way. The VP of officiating made a statement clearly explaining why it was not a TD and people here still won't accept it. What the hell should I be calling them, objective?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool that you believe that following blindly whatever some jackass in some office with a big title says is the bible. Good for you. I stand by what I said. Bad call. Stupid rule. Sorry it upsets you so much.
So a guy paid to know and interpret the rules versus a dude on a message board? Yeah sure I am the one with the issue here. LMAO

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly and that is why we are entitled to our opinions, and do not need to swallow whatever garbage happens.
It's not opinion it's fact. It was laid out for you and others, being an obtuse ass about it is your choice.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is youth but insinuating this loss is on Mac is asinine and obtuse. He did his job all game we lost because 1. Patricia can't call a game, 2, Undisciplined football ies penalties, 3. Oddly enough defense and our inability to stop their passing game 4. ST breakdown. Putting any of this on Mac by anyone just shows that at this point they refuse to see what is really going on with this team
That is redundant......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before a receiver can score he must catch the ball. If a ball is in the process of being caught the play can't be ruled over just because the ball crosses the plain, the ball still needs to be caught.

You think the process was already complete, and I won't argue that either way though my opinion is it was not yet completed. I also don't think Henry ever lost control. Replays are notorious for distorting movement. It's my option he had the ball with two hands when the ball touched the ground. As he rolled over the ball stayed in his right hand and nothing more than rotated along with his hand.

It really needs to be reviewed in real time too, where the movement is not distorted.