• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #11 NE Patriots @ Vikings Thursday 11/24/2022 8:20 PM FOX

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patriots C David Andrews (thigh) could return late in the season or for the playoffs.​

Rapoport's source notes that Andrews' return is far from a guarantee, but said there is a chance. The Patriots' center was feared to have suffered a season-ending thing injury in Sunday's win over the Jets, but a "battery of tests" concluded that a return in 2022 may be possible for the eighth-year veteran. Andrews missed two games with a concussion earlier this season and will be replaced by James Ferentz, who started in each of Andrews' first two absences.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this but that's cool and a debate worth having IMO. Not sure exactly what it is but I just get a Drew Bledsoe vibe from Mac and that's not a compliment. He just doesn't have the ability to make a play that's broken down and doesn't seem to be aware of the pocket situation.

Bailey, on the other hand, seems to be able to make something happen out of nothing but I think a bunch of QB's could probably do that who are not named Mac.

If you're getting sacked 6 times in a game eventually you have to take the bull by the horns and figure it the fuck out.
15 sacks in the last three games. How many passes has he thrown OOB? Wilson threw tha ball away less yesterday than he did the first time and he didn't throw the ball away downfield like he did in the first game. Reason? He learned from his mistakes and didn't repeat them. He also got out of the pocket quickly in the first half and lead the Jets in rushing. He had five seconds in the pocket most of the game just didn't have open WRs.

If you watch Mac carefully, he drops and stops and stares. When the blocking breaks down, for some unknown reason, he doesn't sense it. He has to see it and by then, it's too late. I admit that he wasn't getting anywhere near four seconds at any time yesterday. The things is, when they started to get into a bit of a rhythm and were moving the ball, they either had a penalty or a play call that took them out of that rhythm.

BTW, anyone notice that Brown was benched to start the game. ""Coach's Decision"". Isaiah Wynn started at LT and had an ankle injury and Brown had to takeover. Problem child??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this but that's cool and a debate worth having IMO. Not sure exactly what it is but I just get a Drew Bledsoe vibe from Mac and that's not a compliment. He just doesn't have the ability to make a play that's broken down and doesn't seem to be aware of the pocket situation.

Bailey, on the other hand, seems to be able to make something happen out of nothing but I think a bunch of QB's could probably do that who are not named Mac.
I am not about to debate this there is no need. It's obvious who BB thinks should be running the team, it's obvious who won the position. How any of us feel it about it matters not.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 sacks in the last three games. How many passes has he thrown OOB? Wilson threw tha ball away less yesterday than he did the first time and he didn't throw the ball away downfield like he did in the first game. Reason? He learned from his mistakes and didn't repeat them. He also got out of the pocket quickly in the first half and lead the Jets in rushing. He had five seconds in the pocket most of the game just didn't have open WRs.

If you watch Mac carefully, he drops and stops and stares. When the blocking breaks down, for some unknown reason, he doesn't sense it. He has to see it and by then, it's too late. I admit that he wasn't getting anywhere near four seconds at any time yesterday. The things is, when they started to get into a bit of a rhythm and were moving the ball, they either had a penalty or a play call that took them out of that rhythm.

BTW, anyone notice that Brown was benched to start the game. ""Coach's Decision"". Isaiah Wynn started at LT and had an ankle injury and Brown had to takeover. Problem child??
I think we all can agree Mac should work on throwing the ball away when possible. And to be honest he has shown he can do that, he did it all last season. That Jets D yesterday allowed zero time for that. Patricia should have run more and had a lot more short quick passes and Jet Sweep type plays. It was obvious to the nation Sunday the Pats O line sucked there was little adjustment by anybody IMO.

At the point I don't think it matters who starts at LT or RT there will be issues and the league is fully aware. We need to develop a game plan to adjust to that weakness

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's confusing with you thinking Mac would evolve into Russell Wilson, but Mac is the same guy they drafted with the same skillset and same mobility. Wilson has elite mobility and can buy enough time to throw the ball away and often the defense gives him that time instead of forcing him into a run. The fix is to have linemen that can give him enough time.

To many here he's supposed to "sense" the exact pressure pre-snap, and take a knee when it's going to be less than three seconds. It could be the sacks are taken instead of skipping parts of reads, then throwing an int. Let's see if Mac can have a clean pocket-ish game and how he performs... Then we are better prepared to judge him.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Fluharty-USA TODAY Sports

The few Bailey Zappe chants that broke out at Gillette Stadium must have been due to boredom or someone having a few too many adult beverages during the game.

Mac Jones played one of the most efficient games he’s had all season, despite being down two starting offensive lineman when facing a ferocious Jets defensive front. He went 23-of-27 passing for 246 yards and a 104.6 quarterback rating.

It’s time to stop blaming Jones for all of the problems in New England.

The play-calling was terrible at times, and Jones barely had time to breathe in the pocket. And yet, he didn’t turn the ball over, and he remained patient enough to take whatever the defense gave him. It was a solid all-around performance for the second-year quarterback, even though the offense was held to only three points.:suds:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's confusing with you thinking Mac would evolve into Russell Wilson, but Mac is the same guy they drafted with the same skillset and same mobility. Wilson has elite mobility and can buy enough time to throw the ball away and often the defense gives him that time instead of forcing him into a run. The fix is to have linemen that can give him enough time.

To many here he's supposed to "sense" the exact pressure pre-snap, and take a knee when it's going to be less than three seconds. It could be the sacks are taken instead of skipping parts of reads, then throwing an int. Let's see if Mac can have a clean pocket-ish game and how he performs... Then we are better prepared to judge him.
Hey Dick Tracy, he's referring to Zach Wilson.

Try and keep up.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus... you make it sound like Wilson had a better game than Jones... Wilson had 2 dropped interceptions. He did not learn from his mistakes like you claim. And if he really had 5+ seconds to throw the wrs would have gotten open. DB's can't cover someone completely for that long.. One potential INT hit Mccourty right in his chest. And bragging about his rushing.... he scrambled for 26 total yards. There is a reason they Jets haven't named him the starter for next weekend .

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus... you make it sound like Wilson had a better game than Jones... Wilson had 2 dropped interceptions. He did not learn from his mistakes like you claim. And if he really had 5+ seconds to throw the wrs would have gotten open. DB's can't cover someone completely for that long.. One potential INT hit Mccourty right in his chest. And bragging about his rushing.... he scrambled for 26 total yards. There is a reason they Jets haven't named him the starter for next weekend .
Yes Sir!!!!!!!!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 yards, yes, TWO yards the Jets had in the 2nd half. That is all that needs to be said.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots declared RB Kevin Harris, C David Andrews, CB Shaun Wade, S Joshuah Bledsoe, DT Sam Roberts, and OT Isaiah Wynn inactive for Week 12 against the Vikings.​

Harris isn't needed with both Rhamondre Stevenson and Damien Harris healthy for this game. The Patriots head into Thanksgiving night relatively healthy for their showdown with the Vikings.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 yards, yes, TWO yards the Jets had in the 2nd half. That is all that needs to be said.
And their starting QB from that game has been demoted to third string. The Pats D is great but the two yards say more about Wilson.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless it's likely a 1st down if Stevenson holds onto that ball but why go empty backfield on that 3rd and short? At least line up and give the D something to think about.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see NE moving the ball this week. Great job to end the half.

But damn they need to cover the damn TEs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else see the hold on Duggar?
Everyone but the refs. Just like on the D. Parker long catch. You can see his jersey getting pulled out behind him. Yet no flag.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that rule about maintaining control after hitting the ground.

If the ball pops out, sure but Henry never losses control. He still maintains possession.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many stupid penalties once again.

Did BB forget to install discipline this year? WTF? Maybe he needs to name some coordinators so he can get his focus back.